Mattia De Sciglio (14 Viewers)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
this guy seriously lacks confidence. this is probably why allegri plays him, so he can gain some. if lichtsteiner is able to tank his way past an opponent then De Sciglio should be able as well, but he is so afraid that he always plays the ball backwards when a defender stands in front of him. It does not make it easier that nobody on the wing is overlapping, so that the attention of the other defenders are split. i think he can do well enough (well meaning "lichtsteiner well") for us. he just needs confidence to take on his man so that he is not that predictable.
Lichtsteiner in his peak was one of the best in Europe in his position. MDS is nowhere near being one of the best in his position in Serie A, there's a very big gap between MDS current level and the one you think he can reach

Buy on AliExpress.com

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
The thing i saw with MDS was that he seemed very nervous and scared, not something you would expect to see from someone who is a starter for the National team and is now playing for the best team in Italy, he seemed to not have any confidence at all? did you see when he was running up to the right midfield, he seemed hesitant, and didnt dare to cross nor run to the byline, so I thought, maybe he was told to defend more, then I saw his defensive prowess, which was non existent to say the absolute least! we need someone be at least half Alex Sandro is, not someone like Marco Motta!

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Obviously it's too early to say he's total shit and all the other exaggerations, but that was a shocking bit of defending for this level and it doesn't bring confidence.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Everyone makes mistakes, seeing him doing it in his debut isnt exactly encouraging but its too early to name him flop. Lets just wait I expect him to be at least solid fpr us. Dont ypu guys forget that Alves also was a disaster in defense at first for us.

Juve-Boner

May 6, 2012
Sad he missed that tackle, but the defending in the box is just utterly shit. Why the fuck does Berna have to try and mark two players, while Chiello, Sandro and Pjanic is just watching football. And Khedira cant even be bothered to take the "last" sprint of the game.

Nejc

May 13, 2006
Maybe because it was about one second between De Sciglio dancing away and the cross being made?

If no one was with Lukaku the defense would probably take better positions but a fuckup like yesterday will always create a gaping hole in any defense.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
So i heard from a Milanisti friend of mine, he actually needed special personal psychiatrist for his mental issues? I am not sure, but he needs to get a f*ckin better Psych to get his balls back!

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Lichtsteiner in his peak was one of the best in Europe in his position. MDS is nowhere near being one of the best in his position in Serie A, there's a very big gap between MDS current level and the one you think he can reach
i see no physical reason why MDS could not be just as good. lichtsteiner is neither a good crosser of the ball nor a good dribbler. All he did was body feints and run past opponents like a windhound. If Lichtsteiner was the best or one of the best in his position is debatable, because i think his performance was heavily augmented by us having pirlo. those balls over the defense were majestic and not many can play those balls with that accuracy.

if we had lichtsteiner in his best form he still would not be impressive, because we simply have nobody that can play the ball like pirlo.
So lichtsteiner would make the run in behind the defense, whoever would try to play to ball to lichtsteiner would fail and the ball gets intercepted and the counter attack of the opponent now has our right wing exposed with nobody to cover.
in that sense i am glad that MDS right now does not do those runs, because if he did there would be nobody to deliver the balls. it would only leave us even more exposed.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Never liked this overrated player. Apparently, he's an eternal youth prospect, and we're supposed to wait on him to fulfill his "potential."

Starting for a mediocre Italy side means shit these days. So many players "performed" for their national teams but were crap at club level in the past.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Maybe because it was about one second between De Sciglio dancing away and the cross being made?

If no one was with Lukaku the defense would probably take better positions but a $#@!up like yesterday will always create a gaping hole in any defense.
we had it under control. again:

we had buffon in the short corner of the goal and barzagli closing in.
we had chiellini right behind barzagli (which was useless) and sandro behind chiellini.

this means chiellini and sandro both covered the space behind barza instead of taking their men. if only one of them did step up to mark a man instead of being useless behind barza everything would be fine.

this is totally a sign of overconfidence and cockyness. Do you know when you do such things like standing on the goal line ? when everybody is man marked you go there to provide additional cover, but they did act as second and third goalie instead of taking their man. it is not the first time and it is not the last time that this will happen and this is something that needs to be acted upon. i don't think we can teach this to chiellini because apart from man marking he really has nothing to offer. marking the space or playing the ball are obviously not his favourite features. perhaps we can teach it to sandro and just hope that rugani knows a thing or two about proper defending.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)