Mattia De Sciglio (21 Viewers)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
As awful as that was, to be fair to him that was his first game and he has been solid since then. I can't think of any other mistakes since that he has made. He is consistently around a 6 out of 10 and can play both sides. Ideal for a backup.
I think us witnessing de Sciglio, Cuadrado, Barzagli, Lichtstainer and even Sturaro play at RB last season demonstrates clearly why Mattia isn't an ideal back-up, so far he has had 6 seasons with injury troubles and 0 seasons without and it looks like the 7th one will not be different.

I'm okay with him being the 3rd back-up for RB behind Cancelo and Cuads, but imo he's one of the first exclusions from our CL squad list in case we strengthen ourselves in winter mercato, that's not an ideal back-up.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
As awful as that was, to be fair to him that was his first game and he has been solid since then. I can't think of any other mistakes since that he has made. He is consistently around a 6 out of 10 and can play both sides. Ideal for a backup.
I understand what you're saying. It was the perfect horrible start for him, getting skinned by a borderline retarded winger.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
I understand what you're saying. It was the perfect horrible start for him, getting skinned by a borderline retarded winger.
This guy is really a backup material. Passion of the defence. This is the kind of footballer I don’t quite understand. Why choose a career as a footballer if you are just going to play with no flair nor engage in epic tackles?

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Have you ever played with pro footballers? Not a pub league guys, but at least medium level guys?
I've played with a guys who ride the bench in our NT futsal team(and our NT is pretty decent, not a top 5, of course, but around 10-15 in world) , and they have all the flair and fancy I can only dream off. Shit they are able to do on a speed they operate on is simply crazy for me.
But they can't do it in NT level, for example, because other guys are simply that better.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
What are your saying we had players like simone padoin who would fall in the definition of being useless but still spent four years at juventus and de sciglio is far better than many players we have signed in past six years
I wouldnt say many, but surely hes better than some, yes. Still, a guy who's not good enough to start, not fit enough to provide back-up - sounds like a not very useful player to me.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
and Barzagli and Chiellini are competent there as well. We got depth everywhere but on Mandzukic

- - - Updated - - -

De Sciglio is great to have. A defensive option for fullback is necessary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)