Mattia Caldara (55 Viewers)

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018
ridiculous. if he so totally collapsed mentally over this transfer then he was never Juve material in the first place.
Any people in this world would collapse mentally if they get fired just couple of days after they get the job they dreaming especially after they work so hard to prepare it. Are you so tough that if that's thing happen to you, you won't suffer mentally?

Buy on AliExpress.com

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
It's not as if we kicked him down to Polish league 2. He plays for freaking Milan. They may be in a shitty spot compared to us but millions of people would give their left testicle for that opportunity, probably without even earning the millions he will earn. And if he is good enough to justify a transfer to Juventus then it shouldn't be an issue for him to prove himself and earn a transfer to somewhere better than Milan. Not like he got nothing out of it, the transfer to a team as high profile as juventus certainly raises his own personal profile which is important for anyone in show business which athletes are.

I don't even get the complaint in the first place. Its a football team, an extremely competitive field/ business, not the make a wish foundation. Juventus doesn't owe him a thing.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Knee jerking already started as I can see? Caldara doesn't even play for shitty Milan and people in here hope he was here. Dude was injured half a season and never played in a back 4 which was very visible in the US tour last Summer.

Skip the bitching, no one really could replace Chiellini last night.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Knee jerking already started as I can see? Caldara doesn't even play for shitty Milan and people in here hope he was here. Dude was injured half a season and never played in a back 4 which was very visible in the US tour last Summer.

The q is long term not last night. I really dont rate Rugani anymore. I think if he wasnt italian he wouldnt be here. And we basically swapped Bonucci for Caldara. People said its good short term cause we need to win. Maybe Caldara will become a quality CB. While we will have then be in a situation were all of BBC are retired. And Bonucci cant defend. Last night he was supposed to step up. He didnt.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015

:tup:

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
The q is long term not last night. I really dont rate Rugani anymore. I think if he wasnt italian he wouldnt be here. And we basically swapped Bonucci for Caldara. People said its good short term cause we need to win. Maybe Caldara will become a quality CB. While we will have then be in a situation were all of BBC are retired. And Bonucci cant defend. Last night he was supposed to step up. He didnt.
Well I disagree with such an approach to evaluation of the players. Is it Bonucci's fault that Juve is out of the CL? I wouldn't say so. He's not the only one to blame, the problem is much deeper that that. Picking on certain players after one game is useless. Last night Juve wasn't even a team in comparison to Ajax. Bonucci is definitely good enough for Juve and for CL. He was playing against friggin Tadic last night while Blind played against Ronaldo. Does it mean Blind > Bonucci? Let's not be ridiculous now.

Caldara was given away as a part of the Higuain deal who we wanted to offload in a very desperate manner. We wouldn't play Caldara over Rugani last night anyway and trying to predict the future is a very futile thing to do. Just deal with the fact we were worse than Ajax and that has nothing to do with Caldara. Why keep bringing him up every time we lose a game?

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Well I disagree with such an approach to evaluation of the players. Is it Bonucci's fault that Juve is out of the CL? I wouldn't say so. He's not the only one to blame, the problem is much deeper that that. Picking on certain players after one game is useless. Last night Juve wasn't even a team in comparison to Ajax. Bonucci is definitely good enough for Juve and for CL. He was playing against friggin Tadic last night while Blind played against Ronaldo. Does it mean Blind > Bonucci? Let's not be ridiculous now.

Caldara was given away as a part of the Higuain deal who we wanted to offload in a very desperate manner. We wouldn't play Caldara over Rugani last night anyway and trying to predict the future is a very futile thing to do. Just deal with the fact we were worse than Ajax and that has nothing to do with Caldara. Why keep bringing him up every time we lose a game?
Ronaldo scored in both legs. So why even bring Blind into this. We took the lead in both games and the defense failed to keep the lead. Bonucci never shows up in these big european nights. Last night he was supposed to as the veteran of the defense (he was only player in 30s at the back). Bonucci deserves extra criticism for his own outspoken behaving. He is fast to accuse others but when it mattered he didnt show up. Imagine if Kean would now say the defeat blame is on 50% Bonucci.

tvrtko

Mar 14, 2019
Ronaldo scored in both legs. So why even bring Blind into this. We took the lead in both games and the defense failed to keep the lead. Bonucci never shows up in these big european nights. Last night he was supposed to as the veteran of the defense (he was only player in 30s at the back). Bonucci deserves extra criticism for his own outspoken behaving. He is fast to accuse others but when it mattered he didnt show up. Imagine if Kean would now say the defeat blame is on 50% Bonucci.
Bonucci isn't to be blamed. This exactly is our problem. The days of defending eg. 1 goal leads is long time gone - attacking players improved all over the world, and you can't expect that you'll score 1 and defend such a lead for more than 20-30mins+, especially not in CL knockouts where teams go all in because they don't have anything to lose.

And this is not an issue regarding Bonucci - while I agree that he is almost spineless, and has to be the veteran in our defense, I don't defend him, but which CB as an individual, in any team, showed up and won a trophy for the team? None, defenders don't do that, mindset, creativity, attacking playstyle and attackers do that.

Take Ajax as an example - we had Dybala, Ronaldo, Berna and Kean - ajax's defense didn't win this match for them - our lack of directness and shots on target did.
Ajax was better because they were more creative, organised and created more chances, not because they defended better.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
If Man United's reject, that is Blind is good enough then I don't see how Bonucci is not. These days defenders don't stand for shit if the whole team plays badly. Without midfield, there's no defense in today's game. Even attackers have to either drop back or apply pressure higher up the pitch to offload the pressure off the defense.
Yesterday Juve was outplayed in every aspect of the game, almost everyone looked bad, so it's not a surprise the defense leaked goals. When you struggle to string 3 passes altogether under pressure, everything becomes difficult: attacking, defending, maintaining possession etc.
Football is a team sport and yesterday it was very visible. Ajax, while being worse on paper looked like a team, a well-oiled machine. Unlike Juve. Besides individuals there's also something called organization of the game. Another factor would be physical preparation - here, Juve also looked much worse, even though their players were more rested. They also play too slowly when in possession, so there's no way they could expose Ajax's weaknesses. They're no kings of the defense but they still did it and looked superior, even in this aspect of the game.

I agree that Bonucci is an idiot, too often speaks before thinking things through but it doesn't make him a bad player or even a defender for that matter. Sure, he's nothing special but good enough to get to the final, which Juve managed to do with him twice. I just would like to stop thinking in terms of "defense was shitty yesterday" or blaming the attack for scoring so little. It's all about the team and how well it functions as a unit.
I blame Allegri much more for what happened than any specific player, because the whole team looked bleak yesterday and that's been the case for a while now with this team (to say the least). You have to wonder what kind of training Allegri carries out to have such a tired and injury plagued team. It also lacks in organization of the game and has no plan B it seems.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

Exactly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 52)