Matthijs de Ligt (39 Viewers)

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I dont know. They both played at a lower level than I expected, didnt see any major developement for either one. They both have their things they excel in but none are the real deal to me. When I am talking about the real deal I mean defenders such as Cannavaro Nesta Thuram Montero Sammer Chielini. These are the real deal. Players who can really defend and make your defense look like its from another planet.

As for MDL and Bremer - I dont know who is the better one but eventually I`d like us to upgrade over him as well.
It doesn’t help that Bayern and Juve have both been very unstable during this time.

MDL has had two top $$$ transfers now, the expectation on him should be higher than Bremer.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
I dont know. They both played at a lower level than I expected, didnt see any major developement for either one. They both have their things they excel in but none are the real deal to me. When I am talking about the real deal I mean defenders such as Cannavaro Nesta Thuram Montero Sammer Chielini. These are the real deal. Players who can really defend and make your defense look like its from another planet.

As for MDL and Bremer - I dont know who is the better one but eventually I`d like us to upgrade over him as well.
It is hard for modern defenders to be at the level of those names. With VAR, the handball rule and everything being a penalty it is hard for defenders to get an edge. Teams attack more than ever and players are faster than ever. There will still be world class defenders but they will continue to be more and more rare.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Ive posted it before but my stance has been no center back should ever go for what De ligt went for, the game has changed too much.

That said, Bremer over De Ligt any day.
i'd pay that amount for prime nesta, ramos, maldini, van djik, cannavaro, chiellini, stam any day without hesitation if money wasn't as issue.

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
That’s quite an L opinion, but each to their own.
It really isn’t. Seeing as they both played in Serie A together and Bremer was Serie A defender of the year.

Not bashing De Ligt here, by the way. I can see reasons for preferring each.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's not kid ourself. MDL is better than Bremer
Sure thing, cupcake. Lol

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
It really isn’t. Seeing as they both played in Serie A together and Bremer was Serie A defender of the year.

Not bashing De Ligt here, by the way. I can see reasons for preferring each.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure thing, cupcake. Lol
De Ligt is definitely more suited for the style of football we play, hence I prefer him. To me he also has the higher ceiling without a doubt.

Not to say Bremer is bad, but I just think De Ligt has the package to become the complete defender. I don't see Bremer there.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
De Ligt is definitely more suited for the style of football we play, hence I prefer him. To me he also has the higher ceiling without a doubt.

Not to say Bremer is bad, but I just think De Ligt has the package to become the complete defender. I don't see Bremer there.
Nah. Bremer is a better defender at the defending part. Defensively it’s not close. But he’s nowhere near the ball-playing CB De Ligt is/can be. So perhaps as a complete package De Ligt can surpass him, but on defending alone I don’t think he will ever match Bremer.

Last edited:

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Ive posted it before but my stance has been no center back should ever go for what De ligt went for, the game has changed too much.

That said, Bremer over De Ligt any day.
For that kind of money on a defender you’re looking for someone who’ll transform the defense now…. not in the distant future. The kind of impact Van Dijk had at Liverpool. Haaland impact not Hojlund

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Nah. Bremer is a better defender at the defending part. Defensively it’s not close. But he’s nowhere near the ball-playing CB De Ligt is/can be. So perhaps as a complete package De Ligt can surpass him, but on defending alone I don’t think he will ever match Bremer.
Why was De Ligt then our best defender last year and had such a big impact on the team? He was selected for the Bundesliga team of the season as well. He had so many big performances against the likes of PSG, Dortmund etc.

I definitely see him having a higher ceiling than Bremer for what he showed in the last half of the previous season. I get that Juve fans might not like him for the way he left, but the guy is very talented, there’s no doubt about it. Even if we put our personal likes/dislikes aside we should be able to acknowledge that.

De Ligt and Kim Min Jae has the potential to form the best CB for much of this decade imo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)