Matthijs de Ligt (28 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I'll take that.

Think we can depend on Catz for next season or should we get a starter CB?
I’d like to think he keeps getting better as he plays more. The next month should tell us if his form has some staying power.

I suppose if we keeping Danilo as a starter… then we probably don’t need another one. Would like to see a young up and comer in the first team as a back up. Maybe that Dean Huijsen kid in the U-23.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Heard he is unhappy at Bayern.
The truth is MDL is very talented and already a very good defender but he has still to learn in his defensive aspect.
I personally wouldnt want him back due to his price and wages - In other words he is very hyped but he currently isnt amazing.

Bremer vs MDL - Both have pros and cons. They are about the same level to me.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Still better than Bremer
I dont know. They both played at a lower level than I expected, didnt see any major developement for either one. They both have their things they excel in but none are the real deal to me. When I am talking about the real deal I mean defenders such as Cannavaro Nesta Thuram Montero Sammer Chielini. These are the real deal. Players who can really defend and make your defense look like its from another planet.

As for MDL and Bremer - I dont know who is the better one but eventually I`d like us to upgrade over him as well.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I dont know. They both played at a lower level than I expected, didnt see any major developement for either one. They both have their things they excel in but none are the real deal to me. When I am talking about the real deal I mean defenders such as Cannavaro Nesta Thuram Montero Sammer Chielini. These are the real deal. Players who can really defend and make your defense look like its from another planet.

As for MDL and Bremer - I dont know who is the better one but eventually I`d like us to upgrade over him as well.
Half joking, half serious but yeah...

Was hoping for more from "Serie A's best defender". He's been decent individually but certainly not a leader in defence like those you mentioned.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Heard he is unhappy at Bayern.
The truth is MDL is very talented and already a very good defender but he has still to learn in his defensive aspect.
I personally wouldnt want him back due to his price and wages - In other words he is very hyped but he currently isnt amazing.

Bremer vs MDL - Both have pros and cons. They are about the same level to me.
Where?

Never heard anything about that.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
C.M - Something about unhappy at being on the bench. Anyway even if he leaves Bayern it will be to a team like City since Juve currently cant pay 12M a season for him.
Can’t see him leaving, he’s too valuable for us. And those rumors sound like rubbish to me, he just came back from an injury.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)