Matthijs de Ligt (30 Viewers)

Jun 16, 2020
Wat?

He’s just showing how dumb he is. Sarri’s Chelsea played appalling football. Chelsea supporters hated it and so did the EPL pundits. Said it was so boring it put you to sleep. Fine saying his Napoli played some exciting football, but his Chelsea certainly didn’t, nor did Juve under Sarri.
It’s a possession based 433 and therefore there definitely are some similarities between Ajax’ preferred tactics and Sarri’s, although Ajax preferably plays with a attacking CM as a 10 and Sarri with a regista like Pjanic or Jorginho. But as said in terms of possession and definitely pressing Sarri has some similarities with Ajax’s style or the Dutch football school in general.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Why the fuck would a defender care about attacking football? I would understand if a winger or CF says this but a CB complaining about the type of football?
I guess it would mean less job for him if a team spends most of the game in opponents half.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
It’s a possession based 433 and therefore there definitely are some similarities between Ajax’ preferred tactics and Sarri’s, although Ajax preferably plays with a attacking CM as a 10 and Sarri with a regista like Pjanic or Jorginho. But as said in terms of possession and definitely pressing Sarri has some similarities with Ajax’s style or the Dutch football school in general.
Sarri’s Chelsea football was abysmal as was his Juve football. Neither looked anything like what he played at Napoli. Which was more exciting but also very one-dimensional and easy to nullify as was shown over and over whenever they played decent sides.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
His time here was a failure tbh. Both for him and for the club. In hindsight 9/10 fans would have spent the money differently. He'd have chosen another club too. Shit happens, time to move on.
It was doomed to fail. Our old core was collapsing big time and he was brought here to somewhat keep us legitmate as far the defending comes. We brought Ronaldo before him and he was another big name to strenghten our squad, but we could almost say both of those signings failed just because we weren't ready for them.

Jun 16, 2020
Sarri’s Chelsea football was abysmal as was his Juve football. Neither looked anything like what he played at Napoli. Which was more exciting but also very one-dimensional and easy to nullify as was shown over and over whenever they played decent sides.
Yeah, maybe the word ‘beautiful’ is out of place but it’s quite clear that he finds himself in that philosophy.

OP

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
  • Thread Starter #6,199
    Why the fuck would a defender care about attacking football? I would understand if a winger or CF says this but a CB complaining about the type of football?
    What a pussy. Too afraid to defend as a defender.
    There's less pressure on defenders when the team has an offensive mindset

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
    Whether his statements are true or not, whether he is doing it to suck up to his new fans or not it's pathetic.

He wanted to leave here, he wanted to break up. You don't break up with a girl, find a new one supposedly better and keep yapping to her and her family about the old one in comparison. It shows a level of obsession and neediness I didn't assume he had.

Regarding the Sarri comments it's funny because if Demiral didn't tear his ACL De Ligt was on his way to be benched for good. He was that bad early on. Didn't improve a great deal afterwards with 2 different coaches either.

Also, all I heard from (some of) our and (all of) opposing fans during the BBC era was how easy it is for them to defend together in the area. Now suddenly a defender cannot defend below the half-way line?

I liked him very much here, but regardless of his level it's a fact nobody had more passes handed to him while making so many mistakes. Rugani for example was never on his level (duh), but he also never made as many mistakes leading directly to goals in all his seasons.

My suggestion would be to either learn how to defend or move to midfield my friend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)