Matthijs de Ligt (32 Viewers)

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Why does he press all the way into the opponents third multiple times in a game? Is it some modern defensive tactic I'm oblivious to?

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Rabiots man all day every day, especially if Allegri mentioned the threat, he can't be in 2 places at once covering for other idiots mistakes and laziness, if rabiot did his job then no goal
Rabiots man, but de Ligts zone. There was an incredible amount of space between de Ligt and MDS for Parejo to run into, de Ligt was badly out of position. Even if Rabiot did his job properly, with the right run and the right pass its likely Parejo still wouldve scored. Of course Rabiot also made it as easy for Parejo as possible

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020
He's always doing the same mistake and never learns from it unfortunately

- - - Updated - - -

He didn't have to cover cuadrado in that moment, he should have been covering his zone, he did the same mistake last night when Parejo has scored
For this one I have to agree and De Ligt’s positioning was bad, although Rabiot should have the brains to track Parejo

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Takes the blame himself too:

Though most expert see this as an error from Rabiot.
it looked to me like a mistake by de ligt first. it was way too crowded where he stood, 3 juve players marked one single villarreal player, and de ligt was way too close to bonucci too. he's coming from a club where they always man marked while it's mostly zonal marking in italy, but it's been 2,5 seasons already, so he should have adapted long ago.

that said, i accept blaming rabiot too. he was at the middle of nowhere, switched off. unbelievable that max let him play the full 90 minutes, should have been replaced on the spot.

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
3 players are culpable of the goal. Locatelli doesn’t apply any pressure on the ball. Rabbit falls asleep and ball watches. De Ligt has a good view of what’s unfolding in front but also ball watches and drifts across to a man who is already marked.

It’s one thing to play this kind of football when you have experienced players who rarely make mistakes out of possession (positionally and decision making) but I feel it’s criminal to do it with the players we have who have proven time and again they are not capable of concentrating for a full 90.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
3 players are culpable of the goal. Locatelli doesn’t apply any pressure on the ball. Rabbit falls asleep and ball watches. De Ligt has a good view of what’s unfolding in front but also ball watches and drifts across to a man who is already marked.

It’s one thing to play this kind of football when you have experienced players who rarely make mistakes out of possession (positionally and decision making) but I feel it’s criminal to do it with the players we have who have proven time and again they are not capable of concentrating for a full 90.

and vlahovic. vlahovic lost the ball cheaply.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
"We are competing on three fronts, I am really enjoying myself here. I notice that I learn more every week, I really like that. What Raiola said was already 3 months ago; so much can change in that time. At the moment I'm just focusing completely on this season." [De Ligt]

This is "good" news right ?

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
We won't get a proper replacement for his spot. there isn't a defender as same as his level in the market.
Agreed. But 100m plus for a defender won't be overlooked...we will use the money to strengthen midfield and the final third...then we'll leave our defense vulnerable expecting 35 yr old to do the job.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)