Matthijs de Ligt (20 Viewers)

Apr 17, 2013

Donaruma on that list is embarassing, Dragowski, Meret and Audero were largely better than him last year.
Italian football is so poor that every single Italian player becomes a star. Who remembers when Deshitglio after playing 2 games was already compared to Maldini ?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Nah that's bullshit Raph, Donnarumma despite occasional blunders has had beyond fantastic year,only one for Milan. He should be in that list, amongst the few top players in his position in that age group.

The others that can be considered proven top players in higher level that are ahead of Donna is De Ligt (,,obvious), Jao Felix, Havertz (best player in bundesliga last season )and Sancho (top 5 most creative attackers last season).

Rest are mainly youngsters in low level leagues, not full starters or had top performance for whole year but few months.

But next year, if he keeps it up, should go to Erling Håland, preferably in our shirt :tuttosport:

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Whats wrong with Donnarumma being there? Clearly among the best goalies in Serie A last season, how many players on that list are on that level, 5, 10 maybe? I've hardly seen half the list in action and some never
Yeah, maybe its just me but I would argue that he didnt developed much or progressed significantly this past year compared to the previous one or two, but maybe I remember mostly his blunders, havent paid that much attention to Milan anyway. Compared to the other goalkeepers his age I dont really see someone exciting and with great potential so I guess its fair to qualify for that list. Maybe Lafont, strange that he couldnt make it in Fio but he is having a very, very nice season so far for Nantes. Just checked his stats - in 9 games in Ligue 1 he`s got 6 clean sheets and conceded a total of 5 goals, on paper thats way more impressive than what Donnarumma is doing. The rest - Dragowski is fine, Meret and Radu seem solid when I look them, and that Man Utd kid that plays in Sheffield is considered a major talent last time I heard about him, never seen Lunin play...

Also that list is too long, like you said, half the players are starting for their clubs on a very high level, few of them are already established and key players, the other half is like someone went to Football Manager and added those with "wonderkid" description to fill the chart. Some of them have barely played, cant be an adequate competition for the obvious top 5-6 players.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Yeah, maybe its just me but I would argue that he didnt developed much or progressed significantly this past year compared to the previous one or two, but maybe I remember mostly his blunders, havent paid that much attention to Milan anyway. Compared to the other goalkeepers his age I dont really see someone exciting and with great potential so I guess its fair to qualify for that list. Maybe Lafont, strange that he couldnt make it in Fio but he is having a very, very nice season so far for Nantes. Just checked his stats - in 9 games in Ligue 1 he`s got 6 clean sheets and conceded a total of 5 goals, on paper thats way more impressive than what Donnarumma is doing. The rest - Dragowski is fine, Meret and Radu seem solid when I look them, and that Man Utd kid that plays in Sheffield is considered a major talent last time I heard about him, never seen Lunin play...

Also that list is too long, like you said, half the players are starting for their clubs on a very high level, few of them are already established and key players, the other half is like someone went to Football Manager and added those with "wonderkid" description to fill the chart. Some of them have barely played, cant be an adequate competition for the obvious top 5-6 players.
Speaking of stats, check Donnarummas from last season and compare to previous years, maybe itll change your mind about him not improving much. Guy went from below par to a top 3 goalie in Serie A last season imo

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Nominated again for the Golden Boy award. Full list of 20 players:

1. Matthijs de Ligt (Juventus, Holland)
  2. Alphonso Davies (Bayern Munich, Canada)
  3. Gianluigi Donnarumma (Milan, Italy) :lol:
  4. Ansu Fati (Barcelona, Spain)
  5. Philip Foden (Man City, England)
  6. Matteo Guendozi (Arsenal, France)
  7. Erling Haland (RB Salzburg, Norway)
  8. Kai Havertz (Bayer Leverkusen, Germany)
  9. Joao Felix (Atletico Madrid, Portugal)
  10. Dejan Joveljic (Eintracht Frankfurt, Serbia)
  11. Moise Kean (Everton, Italy)
  12. Kang-in Lee (Valencia, South Korea)
  13. Andrij Oleksijovyc (Valladolid, Ukraine)
  14. Danyell Malen (PSV Eindhoven, Netherlands)
  15. Mason Mount (Chelsea, England)
  16. Rodrygo (Real Madrid, Brazil)
  17. Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund, England)
  18. Ferran Torres (Valencia, Spain)
  19. Vinicius Jr (Real Madrid, Brazil)
  20. Nicolò Zaniolo (Roma, Italy)
Whoever wins it will receive the award on 16th of December in Turin, so Paratici and co can start initial negotiations for potential transfer then and arrange a Stadium + Museum tour, maybe even pair the winner with a cutie from the women`s team like they did with De Ligt last year...
Jadon Sancho is gonna win.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)