Matthijs de Ligt (37 Viewers)

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018
I think right now the cheapest positions in football are goalkeepers and SS. Most modern formations and teams don't use a SS, so naturally the demand for even high quality SS like Dybala and Felix is limited, because it's hard to fit them in as anything else than a SS.

Even though I tend to agree that the difference between a WC CB and a very good CB isn't that big and the WC CB won't bring you extra 10 points on the pitch, for some reason in the footie market CBs are still valued highly and often command high transfer fees and salaries, they're treated at least as important as fullbacks and DMs.
Its strange that Gks are "cheaper" than most outfield players. Usually, a very good goalkeeper is worth an extra 8-10 points.

Buy on AliExpress.com

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
But but BayernFan said he is the best ever.
That's why he actually starts on the bench because he would overshadow others too hard.

As I said we were swindled by Ajax .
Bayern got swindled by Juve .
Maybe Bayern can swindle Barcelona or Man Utd.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
He was soo good that Dortmund choked the championship on the last day.
The only match I saw him in Bayern was when he made a penalty at 2-1 for Bayern in the last minute of regular time and they drew 2-2.
Against Wfb Stuttgart at home last season.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Has to be said that both Upamecano and Kim look really good. At least they looked very confident against Hojlund and Pellistri.
We conceded 3 goals against this rubbish United team, I don't think we looked particularly good at all.

- - - Updated - - -

But but BayernFan said he is the best ever.
That's why he actually starts on the bench because he would overshadow others too hard.

As I said we were swindled by Ajax .
Bayern got swindled by Juve .
Maybe Bayern can swindle Barcelona or Man Utd.
You got serious problems with reading comprehension I see.

Never did I say De Ligt is the best ever, I said he got everything it takes to become a world class CB. But right now, Upamecano and De Ligt are prefered over him. It might change during the season.

- - - Updated - - -

He was soo good that Dortmund choked the championship on the last day.
The only match I saw him in Bayern was when he made a penalty at 2-1 for Bayern in the last minute of regular time and they drew 2-2.
Against Wfb Stuttgart at home last season.
Thanks for clarifying yet again that you got no clue, you even outright admitted it yourself. :lol:

You really gotta make up your mind here. You're saying De Ligt is a shit defender, but on the other hand he's to be blamed for us nearly losing out on the title because he doesn't score enough goals, because he's playing at the back? So he should be both an attacker and a defender according to you? Did you notice we played big part of last season without a real number 9, or did you somehow think De Ligt was both our striker and defender? You're making zero sense here.

Last edited:

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Its strange that Gks are "cheaper" than most outfield players. Usually, a very good goalkeeper is worth an extra 8-10 points.
I think there're no true stand-out goalies today that have that reputation that they'll consistently make saves no-one else will and bring you points to the table. Buffon was close to winning Ballon d'Or in 2006 and was truly a Superman in goal, I don't see a goalie like that in 2023. Guys like that are worth 8-10 points in a league season and a price tag similar to those for top midfielders and attackers. But for the plethora of very good goalies out there the price is driven down by the fact every team only needs 1 or at most 2 of these very good guys, you almost never play your 3rd and many teams don't play their 2nd that much either.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
how bayern conceded 3 then? genuine question, i didn't see the match
I was joking with those two turds ;).
On a serious note, to me the game looked very similar to the one we played against United at home in the group stage during Ronaldo's first season. Absolute domination, should've been 4-0 easily just for the game to finish 1:2 if I remember correctly. United looked toothless yesterday while BM created chances one after another. Every three clear opportunities for a goal Bayern missed, United scored a fluke goal. If it wasn't for Tel, I was sure Bayern was dropping points yesterday for their nonchalance.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
De Ligt: "Leaving Juventus? Well it was easy, because at Bayern, You have a chance of winning the Champions League more often."

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
well he should revise it to you have chance of winning league more often.

after all bayern is competing to win titles. not fight for fourth against union berlin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)