Matthijs de Ligt - CB - Ajax (21 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
So who is gonna be the welcome guy at the club for MDL?

Buffon gonna meet him first and welcome him to the club? Chiellini? GOAT?

Man. The kid is walking into a hell of a lot of greatness. Imagine being greeted by those 3 pulling up to the club with them waiting.

- - - Updated - - -

But but whoscores does not agree :sergio:
no fucking way :lol:

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I can see he tackles with both of his feet, right and left. In some of the games he was playing as LCB. He seems heavy a bit though, if he loses few kilos would be better!

p.s. he is fucking 19. I have not seen anyone at his age be this good.
ManUtd pulled out of signing him in the past because they were concerned he'd struggle with his weight. Then tried to sign him for more than double a year or so later.

https://www.givemesport.com/1474598...-de-ligt-last-year-because-of-weight-concerns

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Well, that's like your opinion man) Nesta debuted when he was like 17, became a captain of a very strong Lazio loaded with stars in 20 or 21. MDL is far more physically imposing, but Nesta was as good as they come in my book.
Sure my opinion, I would put Nesta on bar with the likes of Cannavaro great defenders but since he's a Milan player, he's immediately promoted into all time greats list by their fans.

I think he'll be in the category of Maldini / Baresi.. Maldini at 20 was wow, played by then over 100 games for that great squad in that area.
I haven't watched 19-20 year olds Maldini or Baresi to really compare them with De ligt, but for players who were around in the past 25 years I truly haven't seen any player as good as this guy. And I'm not saying this just because we signed him, i'd say it even if he ended up in any other club.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Sure my opinion, I would put Nesta on bar with the likes of Cannavaro great defenders but since he's a Milan player, he's immediately promoted into all time greats list by their fans.
Nesta was a better defender than Cannavaro imo, and it's not even that close, injuries ruined them. Don't mind at all if MDL become a better player then Nesta, in our shirt of course.

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
A gem from Redcafe:

"We need to be in this. It's clear Juve are going to struggle to afford him, therefore they've tried to appeal to the player first. This is the same club that lives off free transfers and struggled to pay past €12 million for Darmian. Their wage bill must also be extortionate."

Lol, He's username is Irrational. No shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)