Matthijs de Ligt - CB - Ajax (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DutchJuventino

Apr 9, 2015
for example Conte`s record was Atalanta (cant remember position) Juve 3 titles eliminated by the stronger teams and M.R Fog then went to Chelsea to win the EPL and then embarrace himself - Now he is free IIRC (of course thats only partial but I dont remember everything he has done..)

Ajax played a great game both beauty and on a tactical level they have done well too - So I wonder what did this guy do before this season...
P.S I know Ajax arent playing like this all the time as they wouldnt be 2nd in their league..

- - - Updated - - -

I agree just sign him whatever the price
Nothing special. Coached: FC Twente, GoAhead Eagles and Bayern Munchen II. After that he coached FC Utrecht were he did tremendous work and Ajax went all in for him. He won in 2016 the 'Rinus Michels Award' with Utrecht. It is the 'best Dutch coach of the year'.

So he isn't really proven, but he is known for his attacking style and pressure. Besides that a little bit stubborn with his tactics (but if it works there is no problem and beautiful footie.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ColloRosso

Jul 16, 2018
for example Conte`s record was Atalanta (cant remember position) Juve 3 titles eliminated by the stronger teams and M.R Fog then went to Chelsea to win the EPL and then embarrace himself - Now he is free IIRC (of course thats only partial but I dont remember everything he has done..)

Ajax played a great game both beauty and on a tactical level they have done well too - So I wonder what did this guy do before this season...
P.S I know Ajax arent playing like this all the time as they wouldnt be 2nd in their league..

- - - Updated - - -

I agree just sign him whatever the price
Ajax is not playing like this all the time. They did a great match against a tired and tored apart Madrid but they still have a lot to prove. Back in the group phase they even they even managed to get a draw with Rui Vitória's Benfica :lol2:

If Benfica's new coach started the season they would never made it past the group stage.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
I've seen news saying we're dropping a bit our interest in him and now that Barca makes him a priority it doesn't look good.

After having watched the Real Madrid games, I've never seen someone as good and dominant for his age since I started watching football. He's a diamond. We have to snap him up

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #386
    I've seen news saying we're dropping a bit our interest in him and now that Barca makes him a priority it doesn't look good.

After having watched the Real Madrid games, I've never seen someone as good and dominant for his age since I started watching football. He's a diamond. We have to snap him up
    I read the opposite days ago. lol

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
    Sep 21, 2008
    I feel like most CBs are interchangeable. A lot of their performance depends on how insulated they are. Nowadays most CBs will get skinned alive if you ask them to stop counter after counter.

But I am getting tired of chasing short-term solutions every year in the CB market. This guy de Ligt seems to be the most complete CB prospect you can find so I would be fine spunking a ton of money for him and closing that chapter for 10 years.

To me it's either you sign the absolute best CB or you cycle in average ones. If you have to spend 40M here and 40M there like Man City did with Otamendi, Mangala, etc then just forget it.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
    If we send him to Ajax he's never coming back.
    Why is that?
    I mean if we put a buyback clause we have a chance taking him back
    Ajax it the best place for him to develop - As much as I like Kean who is very talented - he isnt on the level required to play tough games and isnt going to be soon so loaning him or selling with buy back clause is the best but if we cant it is better for the player`s sake to let him go

- - - Updated - - -

This is the truth. Also it will be a fool decision.
    Dont know about it - I mean he is talented but he isnt special like Mbappe or something...

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    Why is that?
    I mean if we put a buyback clause we have a chance taking him back
    Ajax it the best place for him to develop - As much as I like Kean who is very talented - he isnt on the level required to play tough games and isnt going to be soon so loaning him or selling with buy back clause is the best but if we cant it is better for the player`s sake to let him go

- - - Updated - - -

Dont know about it - I mean he is talented but he isnt special like Mbappe or something...
    Because he won't want to come back. And Raiola will make sure it doesn't happen.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
    Bayern and Ajax are two different things...
    Bayern = Top club
    Ajax = A place you go as a youngster in order to grow

There are no Ajax players we cant get because they want to stay at Ajax and/or feel Ajax are just as big - You would face a different answer when talking about Bayern...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)