Matthijs de Ligt - CB - Ajax (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
:D maybe for other clubs. TBF we are an elite, top club now and can afford and attract the best in any position.
I'll believe that when we sign a player in their peak. Getting Ronaldo was huge because we never did something like that really. But let's not forget he was 33 when we signed him, despite him being the best around.

Serie A is always getting faded or fading stars. It's been like that for years. Not just us but others as well. Milan did it with Beckham and Ronaldiho too.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
I'll believe that when we sign a player in their peak. Getting Ronaldo was huge because we never did something like that really. But let's not forget he was 33 when we signed him, despite him being the best around.

Serie A is always getting faded or fading stars. It's been like that for years. Not just us but others as well. Milan did it with Beckham and Ronaldiho too.
So you think that Ronaldo is declining

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009

Bro, 8 years ago we were being turned down by the likes of Di Natale. Ronaldo at 33 is still the best player in the world. His signing is a huge statement and it will for sure turn the heads of star players that might have thought twice about signing for us in the past.

And just look at the caliber of players we are signing every year since 2010. The quality levels have gradually gone up. We are clearly now in a position to attract the best. Pretty obvious actually.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
y, hopefully he still has a couple of beast seasons in him. given that he decided to un-retire from Azzurri, I'd expect him to try go full speed at least until Euro2020, but beyond that we should probably plan for a new starter and I highly doubt that's going to be Rugani

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
neither Bonny. The difference between them is what? 3years?
I would've never brought Bonucci back and buy a top and young defender
Well 3 years is 3 years. And Bonbons game is going to old good, he is slow as a turtle already, he can not possibly become slower. Chiello is a force though, without his physical tools (and I'm not talking about recent pic) he is useless.
And, tbh, top and young defender is something you don't meet very often. Are we sure De Licht (or whoever young) is so good he should walk in our starting 11?

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Well 3 years is 3 years. And Bonbons game is going to old good, he is slow as a turtle already, he can not possibly become slower. Chiello is a force though, without his physical tools (and I'm not talking about recent pic) he is useless.
And, tbh, top and young defender is something you don't meet very often. Are we sure De Licht (or whoever young) is so good he should walk in our starting 11?
A guy who plays in Eredivisie surely can't just come and walk in our starting 11, he'll probably need a grooming season or two similar to Varane when he went from Lens to Madrid at a young age.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
point is our def composed by:
Barzagli 37years old retiring
Chiellini 34years old he may has 2-3more years depending
Bonucci 31years old
Benatia 31years old
Rugani 24years old he played 180mins since the start of the season.

Next summer Barzagli will retire 100%, Chiellini gonna be a year older, Bonucci and Benatia gonna be 32 and Rugani will probably ask to leave.

In this defence I'd keep only Chiellini and Benatia and bring in 2 defenders. One young and promising to lauch istantly and one with experience ready to sub in case of need.

All I know is that I would never drop Giorgio. He is our defence.
Bonucci is liability.
Benatia is a solid defender.

I dunno if De Ligt is ready or not.
But I would definetely steal Koulibaly and set our defense for some years.
We've had 3 years to evaluate Rugani and he doesn't fit in.
So gimme Chiellini-Koulibaly monster defense and Benatia-Bonucci as subs.
Still old but at least we'll have a younger starter.

Bringing Bonussi back was a huge mistake. Now we can't move on in defense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)