Matthijs de Ligt - CB - Ajax (37 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
This guy looks the business. And he's got the mentality too.

We picked up a 21 yo CB from Ajax last season (Davinson Sanchez), and he settled immediately. Can see us keeping him for 10 years. £50m here for De Light, a 10 year plus possible return on investment (and/or sell on value) for this guy is worth it.

Big fan of the Ajax system. It's already given us Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Sanchez and Eriksen. All down to Earth people. No primadonnas and all skilled on the ball.

He'd do well at Juve.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
a potential future world class 19 y/o in a position we already have thoroughly covered (for 60mil) is a luxury for Man City or PSG.

Get the fuck out of here with this transfer, at Juve that money goes to a first team player where we need it most central fucking midfield.

I'm not one to freak out about transfer rumors or debt our lord Beppe and I don't doubt the player himself but if we spend close to 90mil on Perin, De Ligt and Darmian to sign only Can in midfield I'm gonna fuckin bust a tit

Papi-a

May 9, 2006
Zero chance we Will buy him!

40 for a kid from Holland? Come on.

Marotta would never do that. He has Tottenham written all over him. They still Think they can win prl with kids.

Not doubting hes talent, but we would never splash that kind of money for unproven kid from Mickey mouse league.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
When you buy De Ligt for 50 million and a Jabroni CM for 30 million, then see Milinkovic-Savic getting sold for around 80 million 6 weeks later.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
if we sign him, does this means we've given up on fullbacks and will play 3 man defense with Cuads, Sandro, Costa and DS covering both flanks? That still requires a bad ass B2B CM, Can-Pjanic-Matuidi won't cut it

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
He has played at RB several times, I think he was a right back when he made those two famous assists for Netherlands, when they beated... hmm Portugal, was it?!

Edit: Just checked, no, he wasnt a RB, they played with 3 CB`s and according to transfermarkt he was the left one CB with Ake in the middle and Van Dijk at the right...

So no, he`s been used as a CB in a different formations - with back 4, back 3 (3-5-2) and with 5 at the back, when Netherlands played England and lost 0-1 in March (they played 5-4-1 with Van Dijk, De Vrij and De Ligt as the 3 CB`s)...

Jan 5, 2007
I dont know him, i asked just to understand if there is a chance to play him as RB, if he can do it then i think he is good buy to us.

If we are really behind him as CB, i dont really think we need him at all. Better to spend that money were it needed

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
I dont know him, i asked just to understand if there is a chance to play him as RB, if he can do it then i think he is good buy to us.

If we are really behind him as CB, i dont really think we need him at all. Better to spend that money were it needed
He is a centre-back. Signing him only makes sense if a) we are selling a defender for a similar amount or b) we are switching to a 3-man backline

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Heard he can play DM/CM too

#eclectic

One of the important characteristics we look for when a signing a player

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Heard he can play DM/CM too

#eclectic

One of the important characteristics we look for when a signing a player
Can we afford him there are rumours of spurs bid of 42 million pounds if we have any chance of signing SMS I won't waste money on this kid

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I would never spend anything close to that amount for a CB
Especially when we have young center backs anyway

Kid could be lighting up the Dutch league but really that doesn't mean anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)