Matthijs de Ligt - CB - Ajax (40 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
We should stay away from this kid. There's too much Sorensen in him and too little.. well, any really good defender in last decades... His price is equall to John Stones, and his qualities are no better. He may improve over the years of course, but he's not worthy of the money Ajax want for his services...

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
We should stay away from this kid. There's too much Sorensen in him and too little.. well, any really good defender in last decades... His price is equall to John Stones, and his qualities are no better. He may improve over the years of course, but he's not worthy of the money Ajax want for his services...
How many games of him have you seen?

Honest question.

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
How many games of him have you seen?

Honest question.
An honest answer then. Not every Ajax game of course, but not 2-3 either. I bet alot on Eredivisie and here in Bulgaria they show almost every championship in Europe and beyond, including Hollands... My first real impression of him was when Netherlands visited Bulgaria for a WC qualifier and our piss poor dwarf full of vaginas team beated them with 2 goals scored in first half, both of them were major fukcups by De Ligt and he was replaced at half time. I also remember an away Ajax game vs, I dont know, maybe Vitesse, a black and yellow team, where they absolutelly had to win to stay in the game for the title, and he, along with his more experienced teammates of course, failed the team big time, were losing 2-0 and eventually lost 2-3, they also lost away to PSV after few rounds so they blew away another chance to get back in said game... I do remember him being good for Netherlands though, he provided two assists last year I guess, cant remember the match, also I remember some moments where he showed confidence rare for a kid this young...

But so did Sorensen for us when we tried him, and he was also that young and promising, and now I dont know where he plays, I mean after Bologna I really dont know what happened to him. The point is, a 18 y old kid that plays defender in Eredivisie is not worth 50 mil euros, no matter if he proves to be a mix of Stam and Kuman for example, that 50 mil are the 50 mil that we can add to Pjaca and another 20-30 mil and get a potential WC mid as Sergej, if we had a complete team and lots of money to spend, sure, lets get the promising kid for an overpriced tag, if he does it he does it, if he doesnt, then sell him, but now... naaah, dont waste money for something you dont really need, Cuads is better than him at everything, including RB, Chiello, Benatia and Caldara are better than him at CB, Rugani also... Shiny thing, mostly because of his age, but so far nothing else, a big pass on him, an english club would risk a 50 mil to get him, but we are and have to be smarter...

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
An honest answer then. Not every Ajax game of course, but not 2-3 either. I bet alot on Eredivisie and here in Bulgaria they show almost every championship in Europe and beyond, including Hollands... My first real impression of him was when Netherlands visited Bulgaria for a WC qualifier and our piss poor dwarf full of vaginas team beated them with 2 goals scored in first half, both of them were major fukcups by De Ligt and he was replaced at half time. I also remember an away Ajax game vs, I dont know, maybe Vitesse, a black and yellow team, where they absolutelly had to win to stay in the game for the title, and he, along with his more experienced teammates of course, failed the team big time, were losing 2-0 and eventually lost 2-3, they also lost away to PSV after few rounds so they blew away another chance to get back in said game... I do remember him being good for Netherlands though, he provided two assists last year I guess, cant remember the match, also I remember some moments where he showed confidence rare for a kid this young...

But so did Sorensen for us when we tried him, and he was also that young and promising, and now I dont know where he plays, I mean after Bologna I really dont know what happened to him. The point is, a 18 y old kid that plays defender in Eredivisie is not worth 50 mil euros, no matter if he proves to be a mix of Stam and Kuman for example, that 50 mil are the 50 mil that we can add to Pjaca and another 20-30 mil and get a potential WC mid as Sergej, if we had a complete team and lots of money to spend, sure, lets get the promising kid for an overpriced tag, if he does it he does it, if he doesnt, then sell him, but now... naaah, dont waste money for something you dont really need, Cuads is better than him at everything, including RB, Chiello, Benatia and Caldara are better than him at CB, Rugani also... Shiny thing, mostly because of his age, but so far nothing else, a big pass on him, an english club would risk a 50 mil to get him, but we are and have to be smarter...
:tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)