Matteo Paro (8 Viewers)

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
I don't think Paro was great throughout the game, although I must say he was a better passer than Giannicheda and put in some very dangerous free kicks which is great to see.

He scored the scrappy goal, but I don't think we have enough attacking quality or holding quality in Midfield to run through the whole serie B season. We didn't create any chances

This may be too early to say, but our midfield lacks depth.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
- vOnAm - said:
I don't think Paro was great throughout the game, although I must say he was a better passer than Giannicheda and put in some very dangerous free kicks which is great to see.

He scored the scrappy goal, but I don't think we have enough attacking quality or holding quality in Midfield to run through the whole serie B season. We didn't create any chances

Somehow it looked that we had one player less,they were defending with all they had and scored a goal from our mistake.
We simply could not create any chance because they were sooo compact.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
giovanotti said:
Somehow it looked that we had one player less,they were defending with all they had and scored a goal from our mistake.
We simply could not create any chance because they were sooo compact.
Yes we looked like we couldn't get through because they practically played 10 men behind the ball, and countered with 2-3 players only while the reest stayed behind.

I know these are difficult circumstances, for us to break down, thats why I felt we should have brought in a very creative attacking midfielder. Apart from lack of creativity we also lacked physical presence and strength.

I know, how u all feel but I think even Ibrahimovic would have a great impact yesterday.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Btw, it is really embarrasing, from bieng the champs of italy to conceeding a goal against 10 man Remini.

We need to regroup and rethink, Im confident we can work our way up. The first few weeks will be important, more so to our sponsors!! To show that we will quickly go up!!

If we can't get our points to at least 0 by end of october, we are really in trouble.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
- vOnAm - said:
Yes we looked like we couldn't get through because they practically played 10 men behind the ball, and countered with 2-3 players only while the reest stayed behind.

I know these are difficult circumstances, for us to break down, thats why I felt we should have brought in a very creative attacking midfielder. Apart from lack of creativity we also lacked physical presence and strength.

I know, how u all feel but I think even Ibrahimovic would have a great impact yesterday.
Well I doubt about Ibrahimovic.

Agreed about creative attacking midfielder.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
zalayeta should provide us with that and trezi when he is big.Although ibra is bigger than both of them but they should do.

Abt matteo, i dont DD will put so much pressure on him as the season goes on and he will opt to start with gianni and zanetti but hopefully in a 4-3-3 formation with paro getting a chance later on in the game.

Daria_Uruguay

Aug 28, 2006
Paro´s word after the game

Paro: "Ho realizzato un sogno"

Il commento di Matteo Paro, al primo gol con la Juventus: "L'ho sempre sognato, è stata un'emozione fortissima placata solo dal loro pareggio. Ma va bene così, siamo contenti però dobbiamo crescere. Ci dobbiamo ancora adattare a questo campionato, a questa mentalità; qui si gioca meno a calcio rispetto alla Serie A, ma ci vuole più cattiveria".

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
giovanotti said:
He will,definitely.
And I hope that we won't sell him in the future.
wud only happen if crapello returned, as hes too 'attacking' and 'unproven' to his standards, if crapello didnt even know gravesens name at madrid without even looking at him train for a min, imagine wot a tough time paro wud have

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Badass Devil said:
wud only happen if crapello returned, as hes too 'attacking' and 'unproven' to his standards, if crapello didnt even know gravesens name at madrid without even looking at him train for a min, imagine wot a tough time paro wud have
same situation as with Maresca.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Badass Devil said:
BS, did capello sell our youngesters this season as well ?
And this is not England the coach doesnt have full power on who he brings or sells. More importantly the latter. Moggi himself labeled marseca,miccoli as gold and would bring in some good cash.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
- vOnAm - said:

I disagree, qualitywise we should be a level above the rest of Serie B. I reiterate that the attitude is the problem, not the quality of the team.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
giovanotti said:
Well I doubt about Ibrahimovic.

Agreed about creative attacking midfielder.
Well, Ibra would bring a more physical threat, which seams to be the main thing in serie B. And his fancy moves might actually work, against aggresive defenders and midfielders.

Dominic said:
I disagree, qualitywise we should be a level above the rest of Serie B. I reiterate that the attitude is the problem, not the quality of the team.
Point taken, let me rephrase my sentance then, I think Juventus don't have enough attacking options from center midfield.

I know that our quality is one notch above the rest, but when a team plays with 10-men behind the ball with excellent physical condition and high focus, it takes a good quality attacking midfielder to cut away at their defensive wall. We don't have any options at the momment, no body to turn to when players are just sitting and waiting for us to attack.

We know that almost all the teams will be happy to get a draw, its up to us to push, we aren't playing a balanced game, we need to be able to play a good attacking game.

I think along with attitude, it was a lack of attacking creativity. We didn't create a single cleaer cut opening in our first game.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Paro my man continues to impress! just needs to put on a bit of beef so he holds ball better because he has some great ability!
yeah i was thinking the samething when i was looking at the pictures the other day.He needs to build his body a bit, just so doesnt get pushed around in the midfield by the big blokes there.

But he can only improve this season and so on

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)