Matteo Darmian - RB/LB - Manchester United (18 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Besides Spin presumably needing to play regularly, Darmian's ability to play CB must have been considered too with Barzagli out.

Esp with Benatia and Rugani picking up slight knocks recently, leaving only Chiellini and Bonucci fit for Coppa.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
please no! From the little I've seen from Spinazzola I'd rather keep the chap instead of bring another De Sciglio liability.
De Sciglio is a better player than Darmian.

If it is a free loan fair enough, let Spinazzola get regular games after his injury. Paying money for this or being stuck with an obligation would be disappointing.

I'd be happy to stick with Spinazzola and let him give Alex Sandro a rest in Serie A. He was impressive in the Coppa.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Only if you compare best De Sciglio matches (a couple of them) to Darmian sitting on a bench.

If you compare Darmian's performance from Torino to De Sciglio, then it's clear he's three levels ahead of De Sciglio.
Really don't agree in any way with that. Both playing at their average level, I'd happily say De Sciglio is a better player.

I think Darmian was vastly overrated here during his time at Torino because he he scored against us once by tacking a truly terrible first touch to get past some atrocious defending.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
I don’t understand this move... especially after Allegri said that he spoke to the management and agree that Spinazzola was going to stay...

The only thing that I can think is that Spinazzola ask to be loan out.

And for those of you who think that this is good so “Spinazzola can get some time and then comeback” you have not been paying attention... Spinazzola leaving on loan means he officially enters the “Youngsters Blackhole of loans” and we will never see him again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)