Matteo Darmian - RB/LB - Manchester United (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
He should be at least an improvement over Asa, Licht and maybe MdS. Good enough for his price.
No! Absolutely not!

Prime Licht shits all over him. He's probably better than current Licht.

- - - Updated - - -

There are those of us who always choose to give the benefit of the doubt to every single transfer, regardless of how trash or garbage it is; those posters are also usually supportive of Jabronis and Bidones, particularly Italian ones, believing that every transfer will become a Pirlo or Barzagli, ignoring the Malakas, Accidental Footballers, and Elias in between.

There are also those who choose to remain pessimistic, observe past trends, and deploy a little bit of perspective. Dumpian is no spring chicken, and his best year(s) and a half were spent at a mediocre mid table team like Torino. Even at his best, he was nothing special. 5 years for a Jabroni (can't wait to see how much we're paying him) is a bad deal.

It's also important to note that Serie A experience and being Italian don't count for shit if you're a bang average player. If you're a star, you'll shine anywhere, regardless of whether you speak Swahili or Bahasa, and irrespective of Serie A experience.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Prime Licht is a mythical creature, he probably the most overrated current Juve player on tuz.

Darmian is better than current Licht and current Asa, good transfer.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Prime Licht is a mythical creature, he probably the most overrated current Juve player on tuz.

Darmian is better than current Licht and current Asa, good transfer.
Currently Darmian is a guy that played 442 minutes in EPL this season and 203 minutes in CL with no injuries (way below the playing time we gave to Bentancur or Sturaro), being unquestionably benched for Valencia, who's not even a fullback to begin with, playing for United, who had a very underwhelming season. I wouldn't go around boasting about current Darmian, he used to be very good for Torino, but it's all potential at this point, the guy has barely played the last few years

OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #848
    Will be a nice addition, can play both sides so when MDS breaks or Sandro wakes up on the wrong side of the bed again, at least we have someone that can play both sides until broken Spinazzola is fixed...

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
    Currently Darmian is a guy that played 442 minutes in EPL this season and 203 minutes in CL, being unquestionably benched for Valencia, who's not even a fullback to begin with. I wouldn't go around boasting about current Darmian, he used to be very good, but it's all potential at this point
    Valencia is voted mu best player iirc, captain and mou fuck toy.
    Darmian is not old, shot, crippled because of the injury or challenged like Sturaro. Mou doesn't play Martial, Lindelof, Baily (fucking Jones and Smalling start before them) etc.
    Darmian either forgot how to play football or he needs to change a scene and get confidence back.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
    :agree: I don't know why people call this a "good transfer" :shifty:

Nothing good about giving an average Jabroni a 5 year contract.
    it all depends on the wages. fee is good, hes in his prime and coming off a bad spell abroad, should be full of motivation to get his career back on track. if the wages are below 3M, its a decent depth singing

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
    Valencia is voted mu best player iirc, captain and mou fuck toy.
    Darmian is not old, shot, crippled because of the injury or challenged like Sturaro. Mou doesn't play Martial, Lindelof, Baily (fucking Jones and Smalling start before them) etc.
    Darmian either forgot how to play football or he needs to change a scene and get confidence back.
    I'm not saying Darmian is doomed and we're sure that he's a crap player, I just don't think he had the playing time this season to show enough to be called better than current Asa, who had a very solid season playing for the much better team. I can stomach Darmian being called better than Licht, because the latter declined with age and started to lose a lot of important duels, but Asa had a very solid season barely making any mistakes and played a solid role in our double winning season.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
    May 26, 2009
    Man United is a graveyard for most footballers these days and Mourinho is pure cancer for his players. Just look at how bad most of their top players are, let alone squad players like Darmian etc.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
    I'm not saying Darmian is doomed and we're sure that he's a crap player, I just don't think he had the playing time this season to show enough to be called better than current Asa, who had a very solid season playing for the much better team. I can stomach Darmian being called better than Licht, because the latter declined with age and started to lose a lot of important duels, but Asa had a very solid season barely making any mistakes and played a solid role in our double winning season.
    Fair enough. I think Darmian is an improvement over both, but I never was a fan of Licht to begin with and while I love Asa as SBA I never considered him as top-class LB/LWB (I don't consider Darmian one either, he is just solid).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)