Matteo Darmian - RB/LB - Manchester United (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 9, 2015
Bayern bid for Darmian
By Football Italia staff

Torino have reportedly received a €17m offer from Bayern Munich for Italian international full-back Matteo Darmian.

The 25-year-old has been heavily linked with an exit from the Granata this summer, with Barcelona and Real Madrid also believed to be interested.

La Stampa has reported that the club have now received a bid of €17m from German champions Bayern Munich, believed to be a little short of the club’s valuation.

The newspaper believes that club President Urbano Cairo will accept a bid if it is raised to €20m, suggesting that further negotiations are likely to go ahead.

Gr. Gr.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
If Bayern and Barcelona really do want him then there is about 5% chance of him coming here, even less, Torino will obviously sell him abroad before selling to us, and those are very attractive clubs.

That and the whole we're not really linked with him thing.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
I think we paid 11M for Licht, or something like that? He was probably about 27-28 years old? Unfortunately, although he's still quite a good player, we're already seeing signs of Licht's decline. I really like him, love that grinta, but I agree that we might see a more pronounced dip in his form next year.
didn’t licht have only 1 year left on his contract?
not sure though.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Pay what needs to be paid and thats it.

Licht can start declining for real at any moment, and he adds nothing going upfront.
Licht adds nothing going upfront?? not cool to belittle Lichtsteiner like that when has 3G5A this season and 2G8A last season compared to Darmian's 2G1A and 0G3A. I did like Darmian at Juve but he's not an obvious upgrade over Lichtsteiner. also this season Darmain played almost as many times on the left as he played on the right, so I don't necessarily see him limited to right back at his next club.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
If Bayern and Barcelona really do want him then there is about 5% chance of him coming here, even less, Torino will obviously sell him abroad before selling to us, and those are very attractive clubs.

That and the whole we're not really linked with him thing.
Same story as Dybala... Player's wish can be vital. While Barcelona can't make incoming transfers this season. So, there's actually 0% chance of him moving there.

OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #130
    so wtf we waiting for? make a damn move already! khedira and zaza can wait
    Khedira probably wouldn't effect this. 15m on Zaza, however, probably would.

If they accept 20m then we need to be on that. I'd say lets see what Torino accept before we try and outbid anyone.

If you were Darmian and faced with the choice, who would he choose? Us or Bayern?

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    Khedira probably wouldn't effect this. 15m on Zaza, however, probably would.

If they accept 20m then we need to be on that. I'd say lets see what Torino accept before we try and outbid anyone.

If you were Darmian and faced with the choice, who would he choose? Us or Bayern?
    in all honesty I'd choose Juve for 2 simple reasons - a) Juve's project is in a much stronger position than bayerns who as long as they have guardiola in charge will only be a 1 year rolling plan and b) less time to adapt to a familiar environment with Juve and Italy than that of bayern and germany

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #134
    in all honesty I'd choose Juve for 2 simple reasons - a) Juve's project is in a much stronger position than bayerns who as long as they have guardiola in charge will only be a 1 year rolling plan and b) less time to adapt to a familiar environment with Juve and Italy than that of bayern and germany
    :agree:

Keep him in constant exposure for the national team. Plus he wouldn't have to move. :D

Apr 29, 2006
    What would people say if we have to go over 25M for him?

Not talking about shipping Ogbonna(who was pretty good against napoli) back for 10m in the deal either.

Kurzawa might be cheaper... And we need a left back much more anyway.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    Licht adds nothing going upfront?? not cool to belittle Lichtsteiner like that when has 3G5A this season and 2G8A last season compared to Darmian's 2G1A and 0G3A. I did like Darmian at Juve but he's not an obvious upgrade over Lichtsteiner. also this season Darmain played almost as many times on the left as he played on the right, so I don't necessarily see him limited to right back at his next club.
    Stats lie.

He is very casual going upfront..his crosses sucks and he cant beat his man. Also doesnt have any creativity as of late,

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)