Matteo Darmian - RB/LB - Manchester United (24 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
I watched him for 40 minutes in the game for gli azurri but he was very mediocre. If fricking crotia is too big of an opponent for him to shine, we should really pass on this one. On top of that he did take 2 throw ins that would have been called off by every Sunday league referee in Germany. Ridiculous how some professional football players are unable too do such basic things like a correct throw in
So we'll just gloss over the fact that half of the Italian squad is usually full of Juve players, and couldn't even get out of the WC group stages

Fucking judging people in International football is stupid to say the least.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I watched him for 40 minutes in the game for gli azurri but he was very mediocre. If fricking crotia is too big of an opponent for him to shine, we should really pass on this one. On top of that he did take 2 throw ins that would have been called off by every Sunday league referee in Germany. Ridiculous how some professional football players are unable too do such basic things like a correct throw in
Croatia are better then Italy currently, at best on par. Also saw France vs Albania, Pogba looked like a sunday league player at best, in fact calling him that would be a compliment after that performance.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Judging young players based on their NT performances is pretty unintelligent
Judging him play for a crap team against domestic mediocre teams is a more valid approach?

Internationals are the only chance to evaluate a peasant club player on a competitive level.

Just because he is not as terrible as the rest of Serie A fullbacks does not make him a good player. Do we plan to play him in domestic games only so he can be solid against minnow teams or do we fricking want to compete for the champions league next year where darmian would be totally out of his depth.

Not saying he is crap but the amount of fapping is not reasonable. Last time people judged a defender on his performance for peasants was bonucci and ranocchia. Look how good their performance translated to playing for a club in international competitions. Ranocchia is a train wreck (even though he was the better one of the two) and bonucci took literally years to become the defender everybody here was already excepting him to be with his former club.

Torino made a steal with selling us that clueless Boumsong you guys were all fapping about. Let's not make this a common reoccurring theme. Get a full back that can perform on the level we strive for and not somebody who is the brightest of the Burning pile of trash Italians fullbacks are.

What we witness here is the "ugly friends" effect. Take an average girl and put ugly girls next to her and make it look as if she is hot, while being realistic he is a 6 at most.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Judging him play for a crap team against domestic mediocre teams is a more valid approach?

Internationals are the only chance to evaluate a peasant club player on a competitive level.

Just because he is not as terrible as the rest of Serie A fullbacks does not make him a good player. Do we plan to play him in domestic games only so he can be solid against minnow teams or do we fricking want to compete for the champions league next year where darmian would be totally out of his depth.

Not saying he is crap but the amount of fapping is not reasonable. Last time people judged a defender on his performance for peasants was bonucci and ranocchia. Look how good their performance translated to playing for a club in international competitions. Ranocchia is a train wreck (even though he was the better one of the two) and bonucci took literally years to become the defender everybody here was already excepting him to be with his former club.

Torino made a steal with selling us that clueless Boumsong you guys were all fapping about. Let's not make this a common reoccurring theme. Get a full back that can perform on the level we strive for and not somebody who is the brightest of the Burning pile of trash Italians fullbacks are.

What we witness here is the "ugly friends" effect. Take an average girl and put ugly girls next to her and make it look as if she is hot, while being realistic he is a 6 at most.
Unexperienced players have a much harder time quickly adapting to new tactics and teammates.

International games can only tell negatives, unless its a creative player that can play a bigger role.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Unexperienced players have a much harder time quickly adapting to new tactics and teammates.
alright, so we want to get this "kid", yeah ? so you are saying he can't perform properly because he is unexperienced. Did you ever check his birth date ? this dude is 25 already. If you can not expect someone that probably has already played at least 18 years of football to adjust to a different formation or team mates, then i have no more words to say about your player evaluation.

International games can only tell negatives, unless its a creative player that can play a bigger role.
i do not understand that.

either you really have a much less clue about football than i thought or this does not make any sense.

so you can only evaluate creative players in international games ? this is news to me.
are you unable to evaluate defensive players by the rate of how many duells the win and how much space they leave open for the enemy to play into and so on ?

i am really sorry and i did not mean to be harsh to you, but what you wrote simply did not make any sense to me. i do not know, how it does look like for people that never actually played football, perhaps some things that are obvious to me are not obvious to them, but things you wrote did not make much sense in my opinion.

the data available on whoscored underlines my view. the heat map clearly showed that he played pretty deep and mainly played the save backwards passes. Croatia obviously made out darmin as a weak spot, because they barely did attack on the other side. there is a massive cluster of croatian dribbles deep in our side where darmian played while on the other wing there is nothing.

if he was 21 or 22 i would say he can still improve, but if you are not a force on the wing back / full back position using your speed and agility when you are young you wont do it latter when you get older. a 25 year old player will not suddenly learn that it would be wise to make overlapping runs or beat an opponent and get a cross in. if he is very lucky, he can become a squad player like pessotto was, but i do not see the need to spend much money for a 25 year old player just because he is the best of the italian full backs. get someone else then.

but if we get him, then i hope he has at least learned how to clap after failing from his current team mate.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Would buy his jersey 10/10
same here. one of my favorite players already. hope he turns out good and comes to Europe some day :D

- - - Updated - - -

alright, so we want to get this "kid", yeah ? so you are saying he can't perform properly because he is unexperienced. Did you ever check his birth date ? this dude is 25 already. If you can not expect someone that probably has already played at least 18 years of football to adjust to a different formation or team mates, then i have no more words to say about your player evaluation.

either you really have a much less clue about football than i thought or this does not make any sense.

so you can only evaluate creative players in international games ? this is news to me.
are you unable to evaluate defensive players by the rate of how many duells the win and how much space they leave open for the enemy to play into and so on ?

i am really sorry and i did not mean to be harsh to you, but what you wrote simply did not make any sense to me. i do not know, how it does look like for people that never actually played football, perhaps some things that are obvious to me are not obvious to them, but things you wrote did not make much sense in my opinion.
stop with the offtopic please. we are discussing Pikachu here

Juliano13

May 6, 2012

By that logic we shouldn't buy anyone from Serie A, so we wouldn't have any Italians. Go support Inter.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002

the data available on whoscored underlines my view. the heat map clearly showed that he played pretty deep and mainly played the save backwards passes. Croatia obviously made out darmin as a weak spot, because they barely did attack on the other side. there is a massive cluster of croatian dribbles deep in our side where darmian played while on the other wing there is nothing.

if he was 21 or 22 i would say he can still improve, but if you are not a force on the wing back / full back position using your speed and agility when you are young you wont do it latter when you get older. a 25 year old player will not suddenly learn that it would be wise to make overlapping runs or beat an opponent and get a cross in. if he is very lucky, he can become a squad player like pessotto was, but i do not see the need to spend much money for a 25 year old player just because he is the best of the italian full backs. get someone else then.

but if we get him, then i hope he has at least learned how to clap after failing from his current team mate.
So you're judging him based on one game for Italy against a very strong Croatia team? Even if you are, what was wrong with his performance? I didn't see the first half but didn't notice a single mistake from him in the second.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
By that logic we shouldn't buy anyone from Serie A, so we wouldn't have any Italians. Go support Inter.
if you are too stupid to engage in a discussion, then do not even try.

i said we should not get him, because he is not a good full back by international standards. just because he is the best of a pile of crap (looking at the italian full back pool) does not make him good enough for our ambitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)