Match Facts: Juve vs. Manu (How do you fancy our chances?) (1 Viewer)

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
How do you fancy our chances for this next clash?
Here are some facts:

Wednesday’s clash at Old Trafford will be the eleventh meeting on record between the two sides - six of which have come in the Champions League.

It is the Italians who have enjoyed the better of it with five wins and two draws from the 10 previous meetings, outscoring the Reds by 14 goals to 10.

Overall, United have faced Italian opposition on 18 occasions, winning seven times and recording three draws. Unsurprisingly, it is our Mediterranean cousins who boast a superior scoring record with 23 goals to United’s tally of 19.

No other side in this season’s Champions League has netted more goals from outside the area than Juve with five.

United are just one behind having scored four such goals, though they are currently the competition’s top scorers overall with 21 in total.

With 163 free-kicks awarded in their favour so far, no other side in this season’s Champions League have been fouled more than Juventus.

A player persistently linked with a move to Old Trafford is Edgar Davids - the Dutchman has won more tackles for his side than any other player in the Champions League so far with 37.

The last time that Juventus won on British soil was back in November 1996 when they left Old Trafford with a 1-0 win. Since then, Juve have lost at Newcastle, Arsenal, Celtic and Manchester United.

Courtesy of www.manutd.com

I think we look strong on paper. But honestly speaking, a couple of weeks ago I wasn't very optimistic about this game. With Del Piero injured, we certainly suffered a lot. But recent results have proven that Juve is up to the task at hand. They have showed that they are more than willing to take the challenge. With great determination and luck, I'm sure we can win this game, even at Old Trafford. Our team really look solid in all aspects of the game. And I have to say, Di Vaio's stepped up a lot. Let's hope that Juve puts on a show for the Brits.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Primo

Primo

Dec 20, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    Yah, I really thought it was a good formation.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by JuVe!! ] ++
    If Lippi Sticks to the 4-2-3-1 Tactic we might get a result.
    Agree!!!!!!!!!! We played that in the pre-season too! But with Davids, Tacchinardi, behind Camo, Del Piero and Neddy! When DP comes back we should try it once again!

juvesta

Sep 6, 2002
    We'll get at 4 points from the 2 Man U games.
    Missing players or not!!

ORDER RESTORED
    Our demise started with manu in 1999 and our resurrection begins with them 2moro.

Go juve, Go!!

OP
    Primo

Primo

Dec 20, 2002
  • Thread Starter #6
    Problem:

We only have 15 players left in the whole squad for the Man U game. What could be our possible solution then?

I'm having headaches trying to get a solution for this dilemma

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by primo_calcio ] ++
    Problem:

We only have 15 players left in the whole squad for the Man U game. What could be our possible solution then?

I'm having headaches trying to get a solution for this dilemma
    HAVE ANYBODY HEARD OF SOMETHING SIMILAR TO OTHER TEAMS
    IT IS IRONIC:fero:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)