Matías Soulé (17 Viewers)

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Let's face it, Allegri wouldn't play him at all if he didn't have that in his locker.
Absolutely, hopefully he has proven himself in that regard so maybe gets a bit more freedom to play in a less self sacrificial role. I don't think we've really seen his technical abilities on show yet.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Soule isn't about to reach even Dybala's level either. He's on course to be a Diamante or at most a Zaniolo.

Yes he's only 19 but he's had ample minutes to have shown something more. Besides any in the last game (discounting it because it was yesterday and therefore easy to remember) what have been his best moments? Even Iling Junior had his 30 minutes against Benfica.

If I'm proven wrong in 5 years please god @ me then, I'll be as overjoyed as everybody else that we've raised a gem. I just don't see it in him at all, and I think we should have by now
I dont think he has the ability to shoot with power, his shots are always angeled and quite weak. He can be a good player but he will never be a scorer.
He moves quite well though.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Easily his best game. He looked good both on and off the ball, with good understanding and implementation of his tactical role defensively and contributing well to build up.

Glad to finally see a game where he was consistently good rather than flat/anonymous with one or two good moments.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Thought he had a great game. Tactically he was brilliant, he made sure he was back to help Cuadrado every time Kvara got the ball. He made himself available for passes even under pressure and had some nice touches going forward.

Needs to add more of a goal threat but the improvement in his performances from the end of last season/first half of this season is huge.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Thought he had a great game. Tactically he was brilliant, he made sure he was back to help Cuadrado every time Kvara got the ball. He made himself available for passes even under pressure and had some nice touches going forward.

Needs to add more of a goal threat but the improvement in his performances from the end of last season/first half of this season is huge.
More goal threat will come with a better manager

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
Not surprised he came off with cramp at about 60 odd minutes. Covered a lot of ground and contributed well defensively. Fitness levels naturally aren’t there having not played much this season.
He brings something to the team and could continue to be a useful rotation player, that
fills a HG spot.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Too slow and poor in final third atm for a winger. Shooting is poor. But with experience and confidence I think he could be decent winger, a rotational option. Good in tight spaces. Maybe a mezzela for now. But most wingers would struggle in our football. You have to have the physique of Leao since they are so far away from goal.

I say keep, for pragmatic reasons. We have no money, don't know what more damage will come from the "investigations" sanctioned from UEFA through Calcio. I expect more to come to scare other clubs from ever bullying them again. So we will have no budget and expiring contracts and the players we don't want no one wants to touch even for free. So, keep, we need to have a squad and Soule has shown versatility when stepping in as RWB, RW, AM, SS, and CM.

Apr 9, 2015
Il nuovo Giovinco.
Not even close.
Giovinco was explosive, especially in the first meters. Technically he was also way above Soulé. If Giovinco had more body he could've become a great player.

Matias Soulé is I think, nothing more than a decent player for mid/lower-table Serie A teams, I do not see anything special. I have to give him a compliment because is he good in man marking and can play a good midfielder (regista) out of the game as we've seen against Inter.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Hard to judge his performance. He's obviously a winger but he's been asked to play like a central midfielder
I dont think hes a winger at all, he's too slow. He's closer to a Dybala type imo, a second striker.

I think his performances have been underrated. Allegri had him marking Brozovic vs Inter and vs Napoli he was tasked with following Kvara around. He did well both times, and he's good on the ball. He rarely plays, he's another guy that would benefit from either a larger role at Juve, or a loan to a smaller side where he can play consistently.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)