Matías Soulé (17 Viewers)

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
He needs to be loaned out to become better same was the case with fagioli.
im afraid he will get lost on loan, he should stay here imo. This guy already can create something for Juve, I see no point in loan. U guys are talking like this was some catastrophic game by him. Yes he wasted some chances, but thats all, other players do this almost every game and arent send on loan because of this.
IMO we should make him backup winger/SS and he should stay here

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
He is good enough to have as a squad player and if the game time is enough to allow him to grow and potentially become a regular I say it's the best strategy with this one. Obviously not Messi talent but it's not easy going from youth teams directly into Juve and Allegris tactical setup. Not scoring or showing incredible potential is fine. He is slowly establishing himself

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
im afraid he will get lost on loan, he should stay here imo. This guy already can create something for Juve, I see no point in loan. U guys are talking like this was some catastrophic game by him. Yes he wasted some chances, but thats all, other players do this almost every game and arent send on loan because of this.
IMO we should make him backup winger/SS and he should stay here
Two more reasons for opting towards that solution is also that (1) we have no money and (2) our track record for signings in recent years is abysmal. I'd rather go with a young promising player than a 29 year old experienced but very average player. The latter profile may be younger but then he'll be injury prone and get married in our hospital. He'll have kids there and within two years move full-time to one of the wings of the facility. One day when fans are screaming outside and asking him about his fitness levels, he will smile back and cry out that he is on top of the world. He'll grab his now one-year-old boy and hold him out of the window. But his hands are slippy and his strength has deteriorated from living and being treated every day by Juventus medical staff. The baby slips as the crowd screams. One quick thinking 18 year old boy and a 19 year old girl rushes towards the baby and catches it mid-air, together and entwined. The father goes to prison. The boy and the girl who found each other in the middle of the mess, they adopt the boy. And live happily every after.

The baby grows up to become useless.
Fin.

And that's why we should keep Soulé. Although to be honest, I really don't know.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
If he would have score that chance he created and choose to pass, the press would been talking about a "new Messi"

He has to build more confidence but he is on the right track
At 19 Messi had scored 26 goals for Barcelona. Soule won't score that many for us in his entire career.

Nobody is comparing him to Messi, he's several tiers below that.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
He's a bit slow. He has some misdirection in the box in slow motion like Kulusevski though.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
At 19 Messi had scored 26 goals for Barcelona. Soule won't score that many for us in his entire career.

Nobody is comparing him to Messi, he's several tiers below that.
Well to be fair to Soule, Dybala scored 3 goals in Serie A at the same age, although that was for Palermo and in much more playing time as well. Then the following season he scored 5 goals in Serie B and only after that did he have his 13 goals season which made people wonder if he is the new Messi. There is time for our Soule boy still to catch those Messi comparisons

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
The kid looks good. He is like 19 and he looked waaaaay worse last season and at the start of this one. It's clear he is improving and that he has potential.

Playing the derby away in a key role is encouraging and he didn't do bad, even if he was too hesitant to shoot. I like that he is playing more.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Well to be fair to Soule, Dybala scored 3 goals in Serie A at the same age, although that was for Palermo and in much more playing time as well. Then the following season he scored 5 goals in Serie B and only after that did he have his 13 goals season which made people wonder if he is the new Messi. There is time for our Soule boy still to catch those Messi comparisons
Soule isn't about to reach even Dybala's level either. He's on course to be a Diamante or at most a Zaniolo.

Yes he's only 19 but he's had ample minutes to have shown something more. Besides any in the last game (discounting it because it was yesterday and therefore easy to remember) what have been his best moments? Even Iling Junior had his 30 minutes against Benfica.

If I'm proven wrong in 5 years please god @ me then, I'll be as overjoyed as everybody else that we've raised a gem. I just don't see it in him at all, and I think we should have by now

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Soule isn't about to reach even Dybala's level either. He's on course to be a Diamante or at most a Zaniolo.

Yes he's only 19 but he's had ample minutes to have shown something more. Besides any in the last game (discounting it because it was yesterday and therefore easy to remember) what have been his best moments? Even Iling Junior had his 30 minutes against Benfica.

If I'm proven wrong in 5 years please god @ me then, I'll be as overjoyed as everybody else that we've raised a gem. I just don't see it in him at all, and I think we should have by now
last season, or even earlier this season, I wouldve agreed with you. But he's made major strides since the season began. He's become very trustworthy on the ball in tight spaces. He needs to get stronger and make better decisions but I think both of those will come with time and experience.

Jun 16, 2020

It’s difficult to see flashes of his talent at this level but believe me he showed a lot of potential at the U19

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
last season, or even earlier this season, I wouldve agreed with you. But he's made major strides since the season began. He's become very trustworthy on the ball in tight spaces. He needs to get stronger and make better decisions but I think both of those will come with time and experience.
I hope you're right man

- - - Updated - - -

It’s difficult to see flashes of his talent at this level but believe me he showed a lot of potential at the U19
I don't doubt it, but he wouldn't be the first guy to not make the step up. You guys watch more football overall than me as well as specifically more youth football so yous are probably right and I'm just an idiot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)