Matías Soulé (57 Viewers)

OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #43
    Fagioli is a starter for Cremonese. I don’t think Dragusin has played a minute for Sampdoria.
    Awesome. Think of all the experience he is getting with Cremonese. Dragusin is obviously learning from better defenders at Samp. There is zero those two could possibly gain from playing at a club like Juve.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
    In Serie A they have less chances of playing, it's not so obvious.
    yeah it’s why a bunch of younger talents get loaned to serie B instead. The reason why the ones Juve have loaned out in the past never broke through is because they really weren’t that good. Only recently have Juve prioritized the development of their youth systems.

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome. Think of all the experience he is getting with Cremonese. Dragusin is obviously learning from better defenders at Samp. There is zero those two could possibly gain from playing at a club like Juve.
    Dragusin could’ve learned more from just staying at Juve if he was never gonna play. Going to Sampdoria was a mistake. Should’ve went to serie b like Fagioli and Ranocchia. Both are ahead of him in their development now.

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #45
    Agree partially. I hate loans. I think they are worthless and Marchisio is the only one that actually ever really made it out of our system alive and had any kind of career.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
    Agree partially. I hate loans. I think they are worthless and Marchisio is the only one that actually ever really made it out of our system alive and had any kind of career.
    when it comes to Juve yeah. But when you look at pretty much every player on the national team currently, they were all loaned out to serie B or lower level clubs around 19-20. Italians are conservative but they have a formula that works.

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #47
    Th
    when it comes to Juve yeah. But when you look at pretty much every player on the national team currently, they were all loaned out to serie B or lower level clubs around 19-20. Italians are conservative but they have a formula that works.
    Then why can't we insert our variable into that formula?

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
    Th
    Then why can't we insert our variable into that formula?
    because we had nobody worth a fuck in the system in the past. The u23 project is working though. Fagioli and Ranocchia both have been called up recently to a u21 squad stacked in the midfield. De Winter just got his first cap for Belgium u21 and started a couple days ago. Soule, Miretti are legit prospects.

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #49
    because we had nobody worth a fuck in the system in the past. The u23 project is working though. Fagioli and Ranocchia both have been called up recently to a u21 squad stacked in the midfield. De Winter just got his first cap for Belgium u21 and started a couple days ago. Soule, Miretti are legit prospects.
    I know our U23 project is relatively new, the problem I see is other top clubs are light years ahead of us. They have players much younger than U23 getting the nod. We end up buying someone else's success stories, which is fine usually, but its frustrating to not see any success stories break into our lineup.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
    I know our U23 project is relatively new, the problem I see is other top clubs are light years ahead of us. They have players much younger than U23 getting the nod. We end up buying someone else's success stories, which is fine usually, but its frustrating to not see any success stories break into our lineup.
    yeah it sucks, but the mess Tici left is part of that. A lot of the jabronis were stuck with are taking up roster spots that could potentially go to younger players.

Jun 16, 2020
    yeah it sucks, but the mess Tici left is part of that. A lot of the jabronis were stuck with are taking up roster spots that could potentially go to younger players.
    Yet we signed Dragusin, Ranocchia, Soule, Rovella, Da Graca etc when Tici was around, in collaboration with Cherubini of course. It was one of the reason I personally wasn’t fully against Tici, our youth improved massively and we’re the only Italian club with a U23.

The U23 basically allows us to play our youngest players at a level higher than players at other Italian clubs do.

So far direct results in terms of financial advantages or players in the first team are pretty underwhelming after all those years, yet nobody who follows our youth will deny that we have some good talents. And there was/is the pandemic with financial restrictions for every club.

Lets see the results in a few years. This generation looks quite promising again.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
    Aug 13, 2013
    - How is Matias Soule doing?
    Good, good. I adapted really fast. I learned the language really fast after trying to communicate with my teammates. With the club really well, since I arrived I was able to play... the first no I couldn't because I was injured and then the pandemic started but after that I played and I didn't stop since.

- Between playing with Juve Primavera and, as of this year the U23 and the Youth League. What differences did you notice?

With the U23, in Serie C, there is more contact. There are players that played in Serie A and B for many years, they are professionals. The contact is definitely different. The other day we played against a team (1913 Seregno Calcio) and they were trash talking a lot and it was a nice game, it was 'intense'. I like to talk but I controlled myself because I didn't want to get another yellow card, I already have 3 (laughs).

- If you define yourself as a football player. How would that be?

I like to play as a playmaker or 'trequartista' as they call them here. I have no problem playing on wing on the left or on the right, but I prefer to play as a playmaker. I like to dribble, the 1vs1, provide through balls, assists... but if I play on the right I like to enter through the middle and shoot towards the goal, but I like dribbling.

- What are the main differences you find between Argentina and Italy as a footballer?

The difference is in the tactics, here they focus too much on that. I learned a lot with the coach I had here (Andrea Bonatti) and now with the U23 with Lamberto Zauli, who was a professional and knows a lot. All the coaches I had over here helped me a lot.

- What memories do you have of Mar del Plata?

I remember Kimberley, of being in the 2003 category, we played against Aldosivi and other clubs. I remember that we were champions. I also played in Argentinos del Sud.

- What about Vélez? How did you handle the changes?

It was hard, I believe I made the best decision and I don't regret anything.

- How were your trainings and games with the first team? What the coach (Allegri) tell you?

I was very happy when they told me that I was going to pass the pre-season with them. They gave me a lot of confidence. The guys let you integrate fast and that gave me confidence to do a good pre-season. Every time you train or play you have to give your 100%.

- What is your next objective?

To play for Juventus, with the first team in an official game. I hope it happens this year, but let's see. I want to make it with Juventus.

[AS]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 54)