Massimo Carrera (3 Viewers)

May 6, 2017
How is spartak doing financially? Can they compete with the likes of zenit?
Great question. Well, Zenit probably still have the biggest budget in the league and are about 20-25% richer than Spartak, but they have sold their biggest stars (Hulk and Witsel) to China, so they are not as dominant as they used to be. Moreover, Zenit are likely to miss the Champions League for the second year in a row and will almost certainly sack their coach (Mircea Lucescu), so the future is quite uncertain for them.

Spartak are second in the league financially and have been quite successful in attracting promising Russian players recently (they chose Spartak over Zenit), and we bought Fernando from Sampdoria last summer for around 13 million euro. So I'd say that the financial situation at Spartak is pretty good, especially given that we'll get a huge bonus for playing in the Champions League next season.

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
Always knew Spartak is the biggest team in Russia. Also I know they regularly participate in pre-arranged fights against other Russian clubs ultras.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Titov especially was quite memorable player. 2nd most memorable russian after Mostovoi at the time.
I always remember Karpin when I think of Mostovoi. Russia basically had a better team back then. That USA '94 team with the two and Beschastnykh plus Onopko, Salenko, Popov, it was a good side in a very difficult group.

May 6, 2017
I always remember Karpin when I think of Mostovoi. Russia basically had a better team back then. That USA '94 team with the two and Beschastnykh plus Onopko, Salenko, Popov, it was a good side in a very difficult group.
This may sound funny, but a huge reason why we had a better national team back then is that Russian clubs were poor then but are rich now. In the 1990s, Russian players had to go abroad to make reasonable money, and in order to be successful abroad they had to work really hard. Today Russian clubs are very rich, Russian players have huge salaries (in part because we have a quota on the number of foreign players on the field), and they have no incentive whatsoever to move abroad.

In the 1990s, Mostovoi, Karpin, Alenichev, Nikiforov, Onopko, Cherchesov, and many, many others played abroad; today, only Cheryshev plays abroad at Villarreal. And because Russian league is far from great, players don't compete against good opposition on a regular basis and don't make any progress.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Dat Salenko performance against Cameroon: touched: You're right, Russia had a good team back then with plenty of players playing for good teams in top leagues.

Alex-444

Sep 5, 2005
Great question. Well, Zenit probably still have the biggest budget in the league and are about 20-25% richer than Spartak, but they have sold their biggest stars (Hulk and Witsel) to China, so they are not as dominant as they used to be. Moreover, Zenit are likely to miss the Champions League for the second year in a row and will almost certainly sack their coach (Mircea Lucescu), so the future is quite uncertain for them.

Spartak are second in the league financially and have been quite successful in attracting promising Russian players recently (they chose Spartak over Zenit), and we bought Fernando from Sampdoria last summer for around 13 million euro. So I'd say that the financial situation at Spartak is pretty good, especially given that we'll get a huge bonus for playing in the Champions League next season.

вам дали выиграть разок потом газпром включит ресурс
так что ждите еще 16 лет

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Carrera:

“Would I prefer to avoid Conte’s Chelsea or Juventus in the Champions League? I’d like to avoid Juventus.

“I’m a Juventino in my DNA and I hope I can avoid them for so many reasons, as well as because they’re strong.

“All jokes aside, I’m happy with what we’ve done at Spartak and if it came down to Chelsea or Juve, I think that’s already an important achievement.

“Difficulties of coaching abroad? We have to adapt to the sporting mentality of those countries.

“There are less tactics here and you have to try to understand that in small doses: you can’t not think of going to a country with another culture and imposing your own mentality.

“Juve’s defeat to Roma due to the Coppa Italia final? "No because it could’ve been a decisive match.

“In football, every now and then there are some of these drops in tension, which are difficult to explain, but there are two finals to explain too. It would’ve been better to win.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)