out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
@Tak! Big ups for digging it all up, but at the time it was easily the smartest option to get Allegri in given his incredible success with us. I don't think any sane person would say no. The mistake was the long contract, I would've been fine with him leaving last year, but this third year was diabolical. If Sarri and Pirlo were chopped after only 1 year, there was absolutely no need for Allegri to be here for 3.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
I'm still crying.

It's like someone slapped me in the face: Tak!
:D It's an unfair sucker-punch.

But like I wrote, I also don't remember how I felt about it. I probably felt like most of the posters there that we came from Allegri's final year, which was almost as boring as the last three years. We got Sarri and I remember I was excited about that. That did not end well. We got Pirlo and I wasn't really sure what to think, but I love Pirlo so I was probably intrigued at least. That didn't work out either.

I think I probably expected Allegri to come in and create some stability because we were leaking goals whenever the opponents felt for it. Maybe that's why I didn't wrote anything because I deemed it a necessary evil at the time.

Allegri should as any other half-decent professional deserve some credit. Compared to last year we are a better team in the build up and a bit better defending and pressing high. We are miles from where we are and he deserves criticism even though he has been given a really poor hand since his return. I still think he needs to go but I hope the next bloke is given some flair in midfield, otherwise we will probably get new problems or keep the same issues. I still think we have a strange mix of Allegri trying for a almost Gegenpress approach but his conservative ideas on controlling games makes it a Gegenpress-Tiki Taka. Worked wonders for Bayern under Pep but he knew how to set up the mixture and had world class players at his disposal.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
@Tak! Big ups for digging it all up, but at the time it was easily the smartest option to get Allegri in given his incredible success with us. I don't think any sane person would say no. The mistake was the long contract, I would've been fine with him leaving last year, but this third year was diabolical. If Sarri and Pirlo were chopped after only 1 year, there was absolutely no need for Allegri to be here for 3.
What's surprised me in his second spell is how stubborn and inflexible he has been. This wasn't always the case, but there were signs of it toward the end of his first spell.

And regardless of who the coach and style is, this to me is the biggest negative against a coach. It can be a super attacking kamikaze coach like Klopp in his earlier Liverpool seasons, but when things don't quite work out you need to change. Klopp did this but Allegri is so sure of himself. Some people get taught to follow their convictions and don't veer from them but it's not always a strength.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
What's surprised me in his second spell is how stubborn and inflexible he has been. This wasn't always the case, but there were signs of it toward the end of his first spell.

And regardless of who the coach and style is, this to me is the biggest negative against a coach. It can be a super attacking kamikaze coach like Klopp in his earlier Liverpool seasons, but when things don't quite work out you need to change. Klopp did this but Allegri is so sure of himself. Some people get taught to follow their convictions and don't veer from them but it's not always a strength.
Completely agree. Like you say he adapted with Mario, used others e.g. Can to proactively adapt and change. But he had a more dynamic squad too with more variation in skill set. Now it's all B2B CMS that are defensively inclined, and very few players that stick out from the rest. I would however still maintain that he lacks a philosophy. In the past he was a good tactician. Now he can spot the issues but is unable to address them

Sent from my Samsung via Tapatalk

Alex-444

Sep 5, 2005
Giuntoli has chosen Thiago Motta to open a new cycle at Juventus. Optimism filters through from the coach's entourage. However should Bologna manage to retain their coach. Giuntoli’s ‘Plan B’ is Conte, while ‘Plan C’ is a profile that intrigues more and more is that of Palladino. He’s distant, but not yet to be discarded. (
@tuttosport)

Conte ex Inter Coach omg
hqdefault.jpg

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
This Juventus is just soooo painful to watch. I am used to Juventus seldom playing attractive football but even under Allegri's first stint, you can at least see a game plan at play. The team cannot effectively play out from the back - resorting to long or speculative balls - our counter attacks seldom work either. So ok, low possession to be made up by creating more shots on goal? Nope.

We rank outside the top 10 in Serie A for chances created.

So I don't buy the idea that its because our team is too weak. Nope. We were not playing in Europe. Players like Szczesny, Bremer, Danilo, Rabiot, Chiesa and Vlahovic could easily play in many of the top 10 teams in Europe. Yildiz is easily one of the most exciting young players out there too - just imagine what he would be doing right now under a Klopp or Guardiola.

I also think the team is too welded to its current tactical system. For one thing, Chiesa, in my opinion is played out of position. He can play as a support striker but he will be hit and miss in that role. Put him in an attacking wing role and you will see the best from him. Yildiz should play in between the lines as an attacking forward and Cambiaso is strong and best played as a full back in my opinion.

When Soule comes back, why not play Chiesa-Yildiz-Soule behind Vlahovic. Or if alternate Cambiaso for one of the wide positions in a more defensive minded set up.

Chiesa-Vlahovic doesn't work. Yildiz-Vlahovic has a better chance of working but that means also wasting Chiesa on the bench.

We have quality players but not a quality squad. Hence, a good coach should devise a formation that accomodates as many of your best players as possible.

If it were me:

----------------------Szczesny---------------------

Danilo-----Bremer----Gatti-------------------
------------------------------------------Cambiaso
---------------Locatelli-------Rabiot------------
-----Chiesa------------------------Soule*---------
------------------------Yildiz--------------------------
----------------------Vlahovic-----------------------

At least if you decide not to bother with possession, that would be a dangerous counter attacking team. We play with 20-30% possession and counter with 2 players - Chiesa and Vlahovic - that is easy to deal with from a defending opposition. But having to deal with Chiesa, Soule, Yildiz and Vlahovic is different.

I mean we play with 3 defensive mids, 2 defensive wing backs and still can't control the ball. If the strategy is to go direct, then go direct with all guns blazing.

* when he comes back - or with current line up you could put Cambiaso or Illing Junior in that role

I really don't understand the strategy he has.

Jun 16, 2020
Waaaaaay too many posts on the subject, I was surprised to see how much it was. I thought I could look back and review 6 pages or something. It was overwhelming so I randomly selected posts but the overwhelming posts where very much pro his return. It's unfair in hindsight and we will never know how much worse it would have been under Pirlo. Likely more attacking and maybe he would have found a structure that players and staff could comprehend but I am not convinced that's the case.

I was also surprised to see me not posting a single thing prior or after. I even searched after my own posts. I figured if I would do this to others I should go upfront with all my crap as well. And I am not really sure what I thought at the time. All I found was some posts a few months later with some skeptical posts but that was way later in the summer of 2021 and later.

Anyway, so yeah, people where pro his return but we were coming from Sarri and Pirlo so keep that in mind.

- - - Updated - - -

I should add the posts are made in April 2021 up until May 28th, 2021.
Good that my name isnt to be found between those infidels

Aug 2, 2005
Successful season it would be. But I do think Giuntoli wants to build his own Jj style.

The question is how our team will look like next year. What we'll do on the market. For example Motta, if he signs, there's no way he can play the same game he's doing with Bologna with us. Unless significant changes to the squad will be made.
Yeah
It is only because Giuntoli want to build his JJ style.. not because the fraud had been exposed as the dinosaurs he is

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Waaaaaay too many posts on the subject, I was surprised to see how much it was. I thought I could look back and review 6 pages or something. It was overwhelming so I randomly selected posts but the overwhelming posts where very much pro his return. It's unfair in hindsight and we will never know how much worse it would have been under Pirlo. Likely more attacking and maybe he would have found a structure that players and staff could comprehend but I am not convinced that's the case.

I was also surprised to see me not posting a single thing prior or after. I even searched after my own posts. I figured if I would do this to others I should go upfront with all my crap as well. And I am not really sure what I thought at the time. All I found was some posts a few months later with some skeptical posts but that was way later in the summer of 2021 and later.

Anyway, so yeah, people where pro his return but we were coming from Sarri and Pirlo so keep that in mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol

- - - Updated - - -
He somehow predicted the future in both posts lol.

keep in mind after his return it took me about a month to realize he had gone full retard and would be a disaster of a coach.

it was me who coined the alzheimer allegri meme and the ALLEGRI meme response after all during the early 2021-2022 season.

i was attacked by the inbreds juve123, sa4tch and PI for this of course.

at least i realized what a mistake it was getting him back and not sucked his dick like the throaters did while ignoring the damage he did to club.

Jun 27, 2011
keep in mind after his return it took me about a month to realize he had gone full retard and would be a disaster of a coach.

it was me who coined the alzheimer allegri meme and the ALLEGRI meme response after all during the early 2021-2022 season.

i was attacked by the inbreds juve123, sa4tch and PI for this of course.

at least i realized what a mistake it was getting him back and not sucked his dick like the throaters did while ignoring the damage he did to club.
Should I be the one to tell him? The damage had already be done. Buying players from Leeds and MLS didn't help much either.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
I wonder how this season would have been if we had a Pirlo, Pjanic, or someone with their skill set. Or if Yildiz would have had his breakthrough last season or if we had another decent winger.

Zzak

Sep 11, 2014

- - - Updated - - -

I was pro his return and I am also pro his stay until 2025. Consistency is key :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 65)