out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I don't understand who would prefer Zidane over allegri. I see some of these idiotic discussions " well zizou is a 3 time CL winner. " Sure with a stacked already built team. When has zizou ever built a team or done well with youth like allegri? To me it's not even a comparison Allegri > zizou
Where?

Milan were mostly grandpas when he took them over and Juve were far from a young team when he took over from Conte. Zidane returning to Madrid and winning again after they were collapsed without him is all the proof you should need of his impact, let alone his CL titles.

Yes Madrid always had a better squad than Juve and likely always will. They have the same relation to Bayern, Liverpool and most other clubs. I agree with you that the difference between their CL trophy count is not just down to the difference in their coaching abilities.

Juve are uniquely poor in the Champions League mentally. He could have probably won the CL with a team like Bayern or Liverpool. It's harder to win it with Juve because of the history.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Where?

Milan were mostly grandpas when he took them over and Juve were far from a young team when he took over from Conte. Zidane returning to Madrid and winning again after they were collapsed without him is all the proof you should need of his impact, let alone his CL titles.

Yes Madrid always had a better squad than Juve and likely always will. They have the same relation to Bayern, Liverpool and most other clubs. I agree with you that the difference between their CL trophy count is not just down to the difference in their coaching abilities.

Juve are uniquely poor in the Champions League mentally. He could have probably won the CL with a team like Bayern or Liverpool. It's harder to win it with Juve because of the history.
Or it’s harder to win it when facing all-time great teams that are inarguably stronger. And even so, with a penalty called for that rugby tackle on Pogba on the box in 2015, we would have been up 2-1 with 30 minutes left, instead of conceding on a counter a few minutes later as we pressed for a go-ahead goal. We just came up against two teams with too much firepower. No shame in realizing that. Madrid won CL 4 out of 5 years there. And spanked both Liverpool and Bayern in that period.

Give our 14-15 team Ronaldo instead of Morata and we probably win that CL. Or give the 16-17 team Ronaldo instead of Higuain and we likely win that one too. Sometimes it’s just about which team has that all-time GOAT level difference maker like Ronaldo or Messi.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Or it’s harder to win it when facing all-time great teams that are inarguably stronger. And even so, with a penalty called for that rugby tackle on Pogba on the box in 2015, we would have been up 2-1 with 30 minutes left, instead of conceding on a counter a few minutes later as we pressed for a go-ahead goal. We just came up against two teams with too much firepower. No shame in realizing that. Madrid won CL 4 out of 5 years there. And spanked both Liverpool and Bayern in that period.

Give our 14-15 team Ronaldo instead of Morata and we probably win that CL. Or give the 16-17 team Ronaldo instead of Higuain and we likely win that one too. Sometimes it’s just about which team has that all-time GOAT level difference maker like Ronaldo or Messi.
True, but we do have a history of choking. That can't be denied. 2015 was a great performance, and we were somewhat unfortunate, both with refereeing decisions and coming up against a GOAT tier team in Fagca. In 2017, we had no business capitulating like we did in the 2nd half, but that Madrid team was clearly superior to our squad.

Having said that and acknowledged the quality of the opposition, we should never have lost against Hamburg in 83, Dortmund in 97 or Madrid in 98. Even against Milan in 03, we would've won that game if the Blond Bozo had kept his calm in the semis to avoid getting carded - negotiating that Barca team and the Madrid of Figo and Zizou was an epic task, and we served up a terrible spectacle in the final.

I would love to have Max back btw, but if we end up with Zidane I would be elated. The man is a proven winner.

- - - Updated - - -

That pic tells a lot more then just Allegri comeback. Tici and Nedved are so gone from the club.
Thesis aka Pirlol out.

Tootsie and Bozo Vaffanculoed.

No Icunti.

A great dawn beckons.

It also means Sadass Panda will have to eat some humble pie while commiserating with his fellow Tootsie sympathizers after his Master is expunged.

Last edited:

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I'm sorry but 2015 was far from a 'great performance'. We were outplayed for 2/3rds of the game except for a brief 10-15 minutes when we equalized. Maybe if we were lucky, we would've got the pen but instead we got hit by a Suarez goal in the run of play.

It's not Allegri's fault tho as we had overachieved that season but he definitely shares part of the blame for Cardiff. That was total capitulation, winemaker style.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I'm sorry but 2015 was far from a 'great performance'. We were outplayed for 2/3rds of the game except for a brief 10-15 minutes when we equalized. Maybe if we were lucky, we would've got the pen but instead we got hit by a Suarez goal in the run of play.

It's not Allegri's fault tho as we had overachieved that season but he definitely shares part of the blame for Cardiff. That was total capitulation, winemaker style.
Yeah. Simply not true. 10-15 minutes? Bs dude. We were outplayed for the first 35-40 minutes and then carried played for the next 45-50 minutes and conceded on a counter during that period. And then again on a counter 7 minutes into stoppage time. We both outshot and outchanced Barca in that 40th minute to 90th minute period.

In the run of play? Bullshit. That was a counter entirely against the run of play of that period of the match. We had scored the equalizer and had been pressing for more, which was the reason there was so much space for that counter after Pogba tangled with Alves again and fell down and lost the ball. You could see Bonucci and Lichtsteiner arguing again with the ref and Alves about no foul being called for Pogba being tripped (in this case fair, as it was incidental contact unlike what was a pretty clear penalty to me). Right after Morata scored he put a header just over the bar, and then just after the Suarez goal Pogba had a free header in the 6 yard box just over the bar that he should have buried.

Anyways, clearly not going to agree here, but IMO after the early match jitters and our nerves settled that was a fantastic performance for the last 50 minutes, we
went toe to toe with them and we very easily could have won that match. Obviously would have been easier if we started the match better, which is why I wouldn’t call it overall a fantastic performance, but definitely a good one.

Cardiff was another story. A good first half turned into a disaster. But the players getting thoroughly dominated after Pjanic and Mandzukic picked up knocks and Zidane adjusted at half-time had less to do with Allegri and much more to do with having no bench that season, and the team just burning out entirely without those two providing what they had all season.

- - - Updated - - -

True, but we do have a history of choking. That can't be denied. 2015 was a great performance, and we were somewhat unfortunate, both with refereeing decisions and coming up against a GOAT tier team in Fagca. In 2017, we had no business capitulating like we did in the 2nd half, but that Madrid team was clearly superior to our squad.

Having said that and acknowledged the quality of the opposition, we should never have lost against Hamburg in 83, Dortmund in 97 or Madrid in 98. Even against Milan in 03, we would've won that game if the Blond Bozo had kept his calm in the semis to avoid getting carded - negotiating that Barca team and the Madrid of Figo and Zizou was an epic task, and we served up a terrible spectacle in the final.

I would love to have Max back btw, but if we end up with Zidane I would be elated. The man is a proven winner.

- - - Updated - - -

Thesis aka Pirlol out.

Tootsie and Bozo Vaffanculoed.

No Icunti.

A great dawn beckons.

It also means Sadass Panda will have to eat some humble pie while commiserating with his fellow Tootsie sympathizers after his Master is expunged.
Hamburg 83 and Dortmund 97 were the biggest jokes. Bizarre that we fucking just didn’t show up in 83 with Platini and that group. When you watch the documentary on that team they all talk about partying after winning the scudetto and not preparing seriously for the final, and that was motivation for the 85 final. Still, ridiculous that they fucked up so bad.

And 97 was just ridiculous, conceding those two goals right away :sergio:

Nedved’s card too, after we were already going through. Just stupid. A bit unlucky too, but still stupid. We would have surely won that one with him. Ballon d’or player suspended for the final. Idiotic rule. I wonder if it’s the only time a ballon d’or winner has made the final and been suspended for it. We’ve had some pretty rotten luck and choked damn hard too.

One day bro. One day. We have to win this shit again

Last edited:

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
https://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/rea...replace-zidane?k=M19ka2xmOTA0OTBrZm9nOTg0Mzkw

Massimiliano Allegri
is in pole position to replace Zidane, there have been conversations between the parties in recent days and there is mutual appreciatition. The former Juventus manager has urgency when it comes to deciding his future and Real Madrid are his priority.

Zidane on the other hand could stay on sabbatical until the French national team job becomes available since it's his dream job. Juventus are a valid alternative for him but his salary of €13 million at Real Madrid are a major hurdle for the bianconeri.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012

That's it then. Max is not rejecting them. Biggest club in the world comes for you after two years of pause, no way you risk missing out on that. Happy for him, he deserves this kind of chance.

Now hope Zidane is willing to come here, I am skeptical honestly, but let's see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 12, Guests: 153)