out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 1, 2003
Yes Mario has been in poor form for some time now. Probably drained. On the flip side, he creates space for the rest by just breathing inside the penalty box. They have to put 2-3 defenders on him. Then Ronaldo enters the box. Some games just baffles me why we don't go route one and have to pass the ball sideways until the sun comes up. Ronaldo is probably the best header in the world and Mario is Mario. I can certainly understand why he continues being deployed despite being so out of form and fitness. But like we've said, he should have given much more rest and Keane should have been given much more space. I hope Allegri learns from his mistakes, which he does tend to do.
Mario was off form by his standards but I think his presence alone was a significant contribution to our success. Dude just has such a presence and keeps the defenders busy for other players

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
I think so too. Don't think Ronaldo would have his hat trick without him in the box. The cross for his header was perfect but Godin and Gimenez could then have been closer to Ronaldo and either go for the ball or distract him more if Mario hadn't been there. That leap from Ronaldo though was majestic.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Allegri did nothing we weren't doing between September and December. Execution and intensity was better, but conceptually and stylistically nothing was different. We spread them out, we put numbers in the box and bombarded them with crosses. Yet in the first half of the season that was a signal of how one-dimensional Allegri is, he only knows how to cross to the far post and exploit Mario vs FB, we never attack through the middle etc.

Last edited:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Hope he keeps up this attitude from now on and i won't have any problems seeing him for another 5 years at the side line.

He is a respectful coach and the one who can handle big heads and stars in the team greatly.

I only want one more thing from him, and that's adding his second best player to the line up. I'm sure with Dybala in the line up we would be unstoppable against any team this year.
Yeh, i think that he should try dybala once more before ditching him totally. Because as things are looking...if berna keeps this form..dybala will warm the bench.

Berna was so good, why we do not try him on the middle instead of matuidi? For example, a line of Pjanic-can-berna, with Can doing the very same work he did vs ATM, while the other 2 dictate the plays from the middle? That could free the RW for dybala.

We would have berna and pjanic helping the mid...while dybala, cancelo and spinazzola makes thing happen on the side of the field.

In his best 11, he should have his best of the best players, and ybala even with his dodgy form and his tactical case...is our 2nd or 3rd best player. He should play, all at the same time should play

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Allegri did nothing we weren't doing between September and December. Execution and intensity was better, but conceptually and stylistically nothing was different. We spread them out, we put numbers in the box and bombarded them with crosses. Yet in the first half of the season that was a signal of how one-dimensional Allegri is, he only knows how to cross to the far post and exploit Mario vs FB, we never attack through the middle etc.
Allegri seems to deliver more when he has more of a chance to surprise his doubters.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
It definitely is. In league football, wins => points => trophies.
:tup:

The thing is, we are way too strong in our football league, to the point we can even win by not playing to our standards.

You know what are our standards? What we just did against ATM.
The trick here, is to continue playing to those standards or getting close. Not just get complacent by winning the league. Its a small pond.

Last edited:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I'm curious. How do peeps now view Allegri's pre match comments for the Atletico game in which he downplayed the importance of the game and success in the Champions League in general? I remember it was received here as if he had given up.

Pretty clear from the game we were not at all unmotivated or taking it lightly.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I'm curious. How do peeps now view Allegri's pre match comments for the Atletico game in which he downplayed the importance of the game and success in the Champions League in general? I remember it was received here as if he had given up.

If people still don't understand that he is a complete troll in the media then they need to crawl out from what ever rock they are hiding under

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
If people still don't understand that he is a complete troll in the media then they need to crawl out from what ever rock they are hiding under
Its quite clear they don't.

I don't think there is a bigger media troll than Maxx but when those comments came out few seemed to remember that.

- - - Updated - - -

So is it true then that he doesn't watch the opponent's to scout? Because he went into the first leg blind and then in the 2nd leg he put out possibly the best tactic I've ever seen against Atletico Madrid.
Maxx is that cocky. It can be frustrating but its what you deal with when have a GOAT on your hands.

Ronaldo may end his Juve career with 0/200 as far as freekicks to goals go but what are you gonna do, tell Ronaldo he can't take freekicks? He doesn't give the slightest shit, he's the GOAT, if he wants to blast a freekick just for the lulz he will do it and you look the other way because he scores CL hattricks.

Last edited:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003

He was playing it safe. The first game was terrible and it was a coping mechanism of some sort.

In fact i think is even predictable. Not everyone can go and say he will score a hhatrick after such a beating

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012

it was pretty obvious that the media comments were all smokescreens, everyone on here was all worked up from after the first leg he could have said anything and he would have been scrutinised

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
@MikeM After watching the second leg v Atleti, how do you see Allegri fitting Ramsey into the squad?
Well Paratici explicitly said that he thinks Ramsey's best position is mezzala but based on the Atleti game, we didn't use that position really. Matuidi is something more in that he defends LCM and LM and Ramsey can't do that. And on the right of Pjanic was Can, and as we saw he played RCB in possession. It felt like Bernardeschi was playing more like a RCM/RW hybrid.

Ideally he would just play LCM in a 4-3-3 and Ronaldo plays LW, but since Ronaldo doesn't track back, you need Matuidi at LCM. So the only obvious spot I see is that he plays to the right of Pjanic. However, I don't know if that position really gives him a lot of freedom.

Jun 6, 2015
Almost every single coach tries to manage expectations. Saying we will destroy Atletico would only add pressure on the team. To me he sounded pretty damn confident considering the difficulty of the task.

"We have the chance to do it," Allegri said.

"It must be and will be a great evening."

"I don't know if we'll go through or not, we will find out on 11 March, maybe at midnight if it goes to extra-time."

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
No, in the first half of the season we had Alex Sandro as LB whi was murdering our attacking plays and had no effect on his side and we also played Dybala more reuglarly than Berna and Dybala was and still is seriously out of form. Spinazzola proved that with good, attacking full backs, in form, and direct, we play 100 times better football.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 416)