out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
I think the herd of 'pro Allegri' fans in here should calm down a bit with the insults and bad words. Those are not very worthy of Juventus and intelligent non mentally ill human beings, as they pride themselves as being. We all support the same club and want to win every game after all. Some are okay winning by a tiny margin, others expect more and dream of dominant football, like we have seen other great teams reach really high levels and respect internationally. Some believe Allegri can take us there, some believe not. I don't see the point making fun at attempts at saying that there is absolutely room for improvement in terms of playing good football, with the material we have at hand.
We might get there, noone knows. If some like Gordo, Ironic and the trolls Dai and Klovn, dont like making assessment and predictions based on our current level of football, then wait commenting till the end of the season and pretend you knew everything all along, instead of disencouraging people from posting about the current play, with insults, bans and other low tricks.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
Just to dot the i's and cross the t's...

Sarri is a perfect example of the manager that the clubs like Juventus have to avoid. He sticks to a plastic but enjoyable for many type of football, which will never bring titles.

Why? Because by design his style is built on the assumption that you don't have world class players and need to compensate it somehow. Now when he has Hazard and Kante at his disposal, he doesn't know how to use these absolutely brilliant, world class players. He misuses both of them, relies on his old fellow Jorginho and desperately needs Higuain because in the past he managed to get decent results with him and don't know ho to do it with other players.

Sarri would be perfect for a second tier team, that will never win any title and should never even think about it, like Torino, Fiorentina, or Inter. He will give them that pleasurable for many people feeling "we're almost there" plus a decently looking football. Many will be absolutely happy with that.

But it has nothing to do with what Juventus or other top clubs need.

Chances are, Klopp and Pochettino are of the same type of managers.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Regardless of what you think about Allegri's tactics, you have to respect his professionalism. Just looking around at some of these lunatics managing teams and I would be worried every single match about my team's mentality.

Ok here and there he blows a gasket but every match he shows up in a suit and tie. Every pre and post-match conference he is there with a stable voice. Never kills his players. Never overreacts. Always puts on a good, strong front to the media.

Always bounces back from hardship in a professional manner. It gives your team a chance at the very least, you know the manager won't melt down your team.

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
I'm not a fan of Sarri, but isn't it easy to say he is a loser simply because he hasn't won anything yet?
And how do you know that won't happen?
Every coach started somewhere and Conte was also a coach without big titles before us.
Ofcouse he is not attractive right now as he is doing poorly with Chelsea so far..but what if he was leading the league right now, would your assessment then be a different?

- - - Updated - - -

Agree with all that Mike. No question about what you get with Allegri, which is a huge win for most clubs.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Can’t blame Sarri for his tactics today, but for his team selection. He is completely at fault for picking those players game after game though, being the stubborn mule he is.
Also, he only plays with one formation and has no plan B. Once his teams go behind, they have no way of getting back into the game.
Klopp and Guardiola are similar but of a higher caliber. When the going gets tough, their teams just run out of ideas and collapse.
Coaches like Max and Carlo Ancelotti are cut from a different cloth and will always be superior.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
I'm not a fan of Sarri, but isn't it easy to say he is a loser simply because he hasn't won anything yet?
And how do you know that won't happen?
Every coach started somewhere and Conte was also a coach without big titles before us.
Ofcouse he is not attractive right now as he is doing poorly with Chelsea so far..but what if he was leading the league right now, would your assessment then be a different?
He's 60. If he's that good, It's about time he wins something don't you think?

Well, duh! But he isn't.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
but what if he was leading the league right now, would your assessment then be a different?
That's a very heavy "if". He doesn't lead the league not because he's unlucky. He doesn't do what has to be done to get that result. He never did, but is still somehow considered a top level manager by many. He won nothing but he still changes nothing in his football. He even managed to fail miserably in the Europa League when they were undisputed favorites there.

Remember Mazzari? When they played in Naples, his counter-attacking Napoli with Cavani, Lavezzi, and Hamsik was one of the most fascinating things I've ever seen in football. That was stunning. Even teams like Juventus and Chelsea looked shaky there.

Everyone wanted him. Inter got him. We all know what happened next and where he's working at the moment. And he looked way more interesting than Sarri.

Last edited:

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
He's 60. If he's that good, It's about time he wins something don't you think?

Well, duh! But he isn't.
3-4 seasons ago he still coached Empoli. He has taken the long and slow path and didnt start with a top club like many ex-players. His age doesnt matter much right now. What he did at Empoli and Napoli has been quite impressive I would say. Napoli were far off in quality to the other Serie A teams, so I wouldnt blame him for not winning the league against us. It got close enough at times. I dont like his attitude and character overall, but I see the potential in what he can do with a team. I dont see what holds him back from also ending up winning titles, if he has the right material. Thats also why he was appointed at Chelsea. They were obviously not considering him a loser. Are they stupid too?
You are a 'loser' until you win. But there is nothing in between?

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
Yeah but there must be some football experts involved. Else they should appoint some of their fans.
In that club the power and the final say belong to people that have little to do with football. They obviously have some experts, but decisions are made by those who should never be even close to the management of the club of such a size and significance. It's even worse than what Juventus had not that long ago.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Regardless of what you think about Allegri's tactics, you have to respect his professionalism. Just looking around at some of these lunatics managing teams and I would be worried every single match about my team's mentality.

Ok here and there he blows a gasket but every match he shows up in a suit and tie. Every pre and post-match conference he is there with a stable voice. Never kills his players. Never overreacts. Always puts on a good, strong front to the media.

Always bounces back from hardship in a professional manner. It gives your team a chance at the very least, you know the manager won't melt down your team.
Just this weekend:
Sarri after worst ever Chelsea defeat in EPL: "If the President calls, I’ll be happy, seeing as I never hear from him."
Pochettino after winning 3-1 bitching about a yellow card: ""Today, do you think that Sonny deserved to be booked? Unbelievable, unbelievable, unbelievable"
Spalletti also bitched about Icardi contract situation, after criticizing Beppe for Perisic situation a couple of weeks ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 5, Guests: 160)