out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Strickland

May 17, 2019
They Saudi development is one with such forse that the PL might rethink their position on the SL in the future.
I don't see how them signing a dozen football stars changes anything, it's just an empty PR stunt. the football stars that go there lose 90% of their appeal and there's free room for new stars to blossom.

now if they actually used those funds to steal hundreds of people away from the excellent French academies, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Ajax, Arsenal, etc and try to build world class infrastructure and real football pyramid we'd have something to worry about, but they don't seem to be interested in building things.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
From being one of the most liked figures in Juve history to one of the most hated. It’s what happens when you’re blindly stubborn.

Even if in his delusional mind he believes it’s not his fault, a rational person would leave after two failed seasons just so they wouldn’t stain their history with the club. The motherfucker didn’t.

Imagine this, Pirlo fails a second season and is still here for a 3rd. You just couldn’t look at him the same way again no matter how important he was as a player. You gotta know when it’s time to go.
Exactly.

One should know when to quit, he clearly doesn’t.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Not just Max but posters believe there are no young managers with small resumes out there who could do as good of a job as these guys? There are but teams just have to find them just like Juve needs to find young good players. These top coaches are usually handed star studded squads that should do well.

From what I saw Pirlo might have been a coach to develop? Biggest issue I saw was with subbing, mainly waiting too long to replace players. I'm looking now at his Turkish league team and they scored almost 30 goals more than the team the year before his arrival. Okay gave up more goals but isn't this the direction most here say soccer is becoming to be successful? And of course less boring entertainment.

Look at his Juve record. Scored 77 goals against 38 given up. Just as well as so called offensive genius Sarri before him. Okay once again not winning scudetto made it look less impressive but just one of those years a few teams were better regardless of manager. And who managed the team that luckily won the league when Napoli laid an egg in their last match, not Pirlo.

Will definitely be watching closely and rooting for Sampdoria this season!

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Not just Max but posters believe there are no young managers with small resumes out there who could do as good of a job as these guys? There are but teams just have to find them just like Juve needs to find young good players. These top coaches are usually handed star studded squads that should do well.

From what I saw Pirlo might have been a coach to develop? Biggest issue I saw was with subbing, mainly waiting too long to replace players. I'm looking now at his Turkish league team and they scored almost 30 goals more than the team the year before his arrival. Okay gave up more goals but isn't this the direction most here say soccer is becoming to be successful? And of course less boring entertainment.

Look at his Juve record. Scored 77 goals against 38 given up. Just as well as so called offensive genius Sarri before him. Okay once again not winning scudetto made it look less impressive but just one of those years a few teams were better regardless of manager. And who managed the team that luckily won the league when Napoli laid an egg in their last match, not Pirlo.

Pirlo's biggest problems imo were:
1. team wasn't cohesive, didnt move up and down the pitch as a collective which created abandoned areas and unnecessarily put players under pressure.
2. there was 0 consistency, we could barely put more than 2 wins in a row together.

I don't know if he's sorted this out since then, but if he hasn't I'm not a fan of bringing him back, you shouldn't do build-up or defend the way we did under Pirlo. Of course it was miles better than under Allegri, but then again I suspect having no head coach at all is also better than having Allegri 2.0.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Exactly.

One should know when to quit, he clearly doesn’t.

That's easy to say from a distance.

Things are quite a bit different if you have a hairy Turkish dude clenching his jaws around your dick and you have no idea how hard he is going to clamp down when you try to leave. Part of me says that's no way to live, but, man, it must be tough to bite the bullet there.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

Pirlo will be back in Serie A before you know it.

Hes too smart to not figure it out.

Jun 16, 2020
Pirlo will be back in Serie A before you know it.

Hes too smart to not figure it out.
He signed for Sampdoria

- - - Updated - - -

I don't see how them signing a dozen football stars changes anything, it's just an empty PR stunt. the football stars that go there lose 90% of their appeal and there's free room for new stars to blossom.

now if they actually used those funds to steal hundreds of people away from the excellent French academies, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Ajax, Arsenal, etc and try to build world class infrastructure and real football pyramid we'd have something to worry about, but they don't seem to be interested in building things.
I think that they’re exactly trying to do that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 9, Guests: 421)