out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Second place is nothing to be proud of. We had one if the best squads on Europe so it doesn't surprise me went that far.

Cruising game in the league at 1-0 with no ruthlessness to finish games off is what killed us in the CL.
Id take 2nd place in CL over 2nd round elimination every time. For 2 years in a row we are getting humiliated at an early stage.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Second place is nothing to be proud of. We had one if the best squads on Europe so it doesn't surprise me went that far.

Cruising game in the league at 1-0 with no ruthlessness to finish games off is what killed us in the CL.
Allegri made us punch above weight. Juve had no Ballon D'Or level player and thus weren't favourites over Madrid, Bayern or Barca during that period but still he got results against those teams and greatly outperformed City, PSG, Atleti etc.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

Why do you keep perpetuating this lie?

Let’s dispel this. I wonder if you’ll just ignore it and continue with this broken record nonsense or actually concede that you’re wrong?

In 2016-17 we won 29 games in the league, in which we outscored our opponents 68-11. Which would be an average 2.35 goals scored per game to 0.38 goals conceded.

In 2017-18 we won 30 games in the league, in which we outscored our opponents 77-18. An average of 2.57 - 0.6

In 2018-19 we won 28 games in the league, outscored our opponents in those games 60-13, an average of 2.14 - 0.46.

Our wins in the league were by an average of ~2 goals for 3 years. In those 3 seasons a total of 17 of our 87 wins were by the 1-0 scoreline you are convinced we always had. Give it a rest lol

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

put that into perspective: we are barely a top10 team financially. there always were at least 4-5 stronger squads, and en route to the finals, we eliminated barcelona and real during our allegri years. or should we call those allegri-marotta years.

i get the argument that the club needed a change and a cycle has ended, bla-bla, but discrediting allegri for his results is simply dumb and short sighted. just don't.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Would be wise to fire Pirlo and get him back on the books before other top clubs fire their coaches for also sucking and start looking at Max. Keep Pirlo for U23's.

- - - Updated - - -

You know, we berated Max for dull wins, etc. Maybe he had other plans when it came to rebuilding the squad that would have changed radically the look of the team. Whatever. Can't be any worse than Sarri or Pirlo this season but Agnelli has WAYYYY TOOO MUCH pride to crawl back to anyone he parts with.

Oct 23, 2011
Why do you keep perpetuating this lie?

Let’s dispel this. I wonder if you’ll just ignore it and continue with this broken record nonsense or actually concede that you’re wrong?

In 2016-17 we won 29 games in the league, in which we outscored our opponents 68-11. Which would be an average 2.35 goals scored per game to 0.38 goals conceded.

In 2017-18 we won 30 games in the league, in which we outscored our opponents 77-18. An average of 2.57 - 0.6

In 2018-19 we won 28 games in the league, outscored our opponents in those games 60-13, an average of 2.14 - 0.46.

Our wins in the league were by an average of ~2 goals for 3 years. In those 3 seasons a total of 17 of our 87 wins were by the 1-0 scoreline you are convinced we always had. Give it a rest lol
Thank you. Its the same way people claim we declined in 17/18 while getting 95(!!!!!) Points in serie A and only losing to an all time great side in the CL with a very questionable penalty in the last minute. All that while fielding "broken players" such as matuidi, Costa, pjanic, De Sciglio, Khedira, and Mandzukic who were all spat out 1.5 years later. Man I can't stop reiterating it and how foolish this management turned out to be to fire arguably the best coach in our history, especially if you look at what he had to work with beyond 2015. He never had a top 3 roster but definitely made us one of the 2/3 strongest sides in Europe for years.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Thank you. Its the same way people claim we declined in 17/18 while getting 95(!!!!!) Points in serie A and only losing to an all time great side in the CL with a very questionable penalty in the last minute. All that while fielding "broken players" such as matuidi, Costa, pjanic, De Sciglio, Khedira, and Mandzukic who were all spat out 1.5 years later. Man I can't stop reiterating it and how foolish this management turned out to be to fire arguably the best coach in our history, especially if you look at what he had to work with beyond 2015. He never had a top 3 roster but definitely made us one of the 2/3 strongest sides in Europe for years.
Winning wasn’t enough for the decision makers and some fans (many here actually)

:lol: People were actually convinced Sarri > Max :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 15, Guests: 530)