out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Maybe he doesn't have the right players? Just a thought
He tried alot and the conclusion was that the midfield really was impossible to solve

- - - Updated - - -

Players obviously buy into his idea's. He didnt got along with Bonucci and alves and both were shipped out asap. Bonucci got back and shuts the hell up now
He may not have his ideal line-up but he sure as hell could've done better with the squad we have

He also could've played his 4 3 1 2 with this squad even if it's obvious this team would've been better with a 4 4 2

Fact is he didn't want to renounce Mandzukic ever

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
He may not have his ideal line-up but he sure as hell could've done better with the squad we have

He also could've played his 4 3 1 2 with this squad even if it's obvious this team would've been better with a 4 4 2

To be fair though, the times we looked good this season, was with Ronaldo and Mandy together on the pitch. He became incredibly out of form after the turn of the year. I think Max's biggest mistake this season was thinking Dybala could be the bridge between attack and midfield. It just didn't work no matter what formation we played. We looked better with Bernie playing that role, but he was horribly inconsistent.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
To be fair though, the times we looked good this season, was with Ronaldo and Mandy together on the pitch. He became incredibly out of form after the turn of the year. I think Max's biggest mistake this season was thinking Dybala could be the bridge between attack and midfield. It just didn't work no matter what formation we played. We looked better with Bernie playing that role, but he was horribly inconsistent.
Sure but in seeing that try something different no? Dybala is a second striker he needs to play there because he can be lethal in front of goal

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

'Ideal lineup" ? There is no such thing as an ideal lineup for allegri. He'll take whatever formation fits best.

The issue is that the midfield was incredibly imbalanced and even with 3cm's it was not cohesive enough

4312 would have exposed the issues further actually

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011

We only see games, but we dont have a faintest clue what happens in practice. Maybe he tested and came to conclusion players arent a good fit for 4-3-1-2. We dont have attacking midfielder for a start. Berna is inconsistent and he is maybe closest to that spot we could have fielded. But he had big drop in form and with exception of game against Atletico, all his flaws became apparent in this season; lousy end product, woeful decision making. We dont have a holding midfielder for 4-4-2 because ideally Khedira is paired with Pjanic, but former has been injured most of the season. Matuidi's main strength is his athleticism, running up and down and chasing opponents so you dont want to restrict him and take away his main advantage. He lacks discipline for that role as well because you may be sure he is gonna maraud forward at one point and get us exposed. Can, Bentacur, neither is good enough imo. I think Allegri was running multitude of different scenarios in his head, tested some, threw away some others and came to conclusion with this group of players we have reached ceiling. He is the type of manager that thinks 10 moves ahead.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
'Ideal lineup" ? There is no such thing as an ideal lineup for allegri. He'll take whatever formation fits best.

The issue is that the midfield was incredibly imbalanced and even with 3cm's it was not cohesive enough

4312 would have exposed the issues further actually
So play a 4 4 2
We only see games, but we dont have a faintest clue what happens in practice. Maybe he tested and came to conclusion players arent a good fit for 4-3-1-2. We dont have attacking midfielder for a start. Berna is inconsistent and he is maybe closest to that spot we could have fielded. But he had big drop in form and with exception of game against Atletico, all his flaws became apparent in this season; lousy end product, woeful decision making. We dont have a holding midfielder for 4-4-2 because ideally Khedira is paired with Pjanic, but former has been injured most of the season. Matuidi's main strength is his athleticism, running up and down and chasing opponents so you dont want to restrict him and take away his main advantage. He lacks discipline for that role as well because you may be sure he is gonna maraud forward at one point and get us exposed. Can, Bentacur, neither is good enough imo. I think Allegri was running multitude of different scenarios in his head, tested some, threw away some others and came to conclusion with this group of players we have reached ceiling. He is the type of manager that thinks 10 moves ahead.
I don't believe that Matuidi or Benta couldn't do a decent enough job in the midfield two
Can definitely can but he was injured a lot

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
So play a 4 4 2 I don't believe that Matuidi or Benta couldn't do a decent enough job in the midfield two
Can definitely can but he was injured a lot
Matuidi is good if he can just hunt and run about, if he has an allround cm that can pass and keep the ball. like rabiot, pogba... not pjanic
Benta is quite overrated here. Sure alot of heart. Cant pass short and cant run 10 meters without losing the ball. He needs space to run in.

Now. Put Rabiot in the team next to Pjanic. You'll very quickly see Pjanic be twice as good and either Benta or Matuidi be far more effective.

Here is the deal. Pjanic needs a midfielder that can do close passes and keep the ball close to him

Marchisio : yes
Khedira : yes
Pogba : Yes
Vidal : Yes
Pirlo : would replace him
Matuidi : no
Benta : no

THIS is why our midfield didnt click.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Decent and at the very least we play better football
Our midfield is decent now. But we need much more

- - - Updated - - -

Matuidi is good if he can just hunt and run about, if he has an allround cm that can pass and keep the ball. like rabiot, pogba... not pjanic
Benta is quite overrated here. Sure alot of heart. Cant pass short and cant run 10 meters without losing the ball. He needs space to run in.

Now. Put Rabiot in the team next to Pjanic. You'll very quickly see Pjanic be twice as good and either Benta or Matuidi be far more effective.

Here is the deal. Pjanic needs a midfielder that can do close passes and keep the ball close to him

Marchisio : yes
Khedira : yes
Pogba : Yes
Vidal : Yes
Pirlo : would replace him
Matuidi : no
Benta : no

THIS is why our midfield didnt click.
Yeah hes terribly overrated. Decent player, butI dont see any improvement over his Viola days. In fact he looked better before because every play went throught him. He was focal point for them. I have no idea why people think we would play better with him in the middle based on what we have seen so far. He isnt a central midfielder, this is what we know for certain. Everything else is just guessing.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2015
For me it's the other way around. I didn't rate Berna highly when he was at Fiorentina. I though he is a semi-talented guy that can occasionally pull off some fancy moves and shots.

He has proven me wrong. I didn't understand how good he is physically and how much he is willing to work. He can easily become a modern attacking player that has it all.

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
He is out ....bring Pochitinho

Nedved: 'Allegri? We'll see'

By Football Italia staff
Allegri-1805-pensive-epa_2.jpg

Pavel Nedved said the current Juventus squad is “not easy to improve,” but he won’t be drawn on Max Allegri. “We’ll see.”
The lead-up to tonight’s Serie A game against Roma has been dominated by speculation over Allegri’s future ahead of the summit with President Andrea Agnelli.
“The meeting between Coach and President has always been in June, traditionally, so if anything it’ll be brought forward. We’ll wait,” the Vice-President told Sky Sport Italia.
“We have a squad that is of the utmost quality both for Italy and Europe. It’s not easy to improve this team.”
Nedved was asked if Allegri will be the Juventus Coach next season.
“We’ll see…”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 9, Guests: 83)