out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
We took the initiative ffs. Ajax crushed us on counters and second balls.
:howler: :clap: Maybe in the first 35 minutes or so, but after we conceded, and in the 2nd half, we were barely moving. They sliced us open at will and could've scored 3 or 4 goals. We failed to register a single shot on target (maybe one actually) in the 2nd half. I suggest you look up the definition of initiative. Football is a game of 90+ minutes, 2 halves, not just 35 minutes.

Jun 6, 2015
:howler: :clap: Maybe in the first 35 minutes or so, but after we conceded, and in the 2nd half, we were barely moving. They sliced us open at will and could've scored 3 or 4 goals. We failed to register a single shot on target (maybe one actually) in the 2nd half. I suggest you look up the definition of initiative. Football is a game of 90+ minutes, 2 halves, not just 35 minutes.
Second half was a problem for us in both games. Not sure what happens to us at times during the half-time. Cardiff is an another example of a similar game.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
I suggest you try to look at actual games and evidence. We were sliced open but not because we tried to defend or whatever but because we pressed too high and couldn't recover anymore, we were dead in the second half. We tried attacking, tried pressing high, had 55% possession in the second half and got thoroughly outplayed on the counter and beat physically to every second ball.

In Amsterdam we had Cancelo, Sandro, Pjanić, Bentancur, Dybala, Costa, Bernardeschi and Ronaldo in the second half, they couldn't hold the ball together.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I suggest you try to look at actual games and evidence. We were sliced open but not because we tried to defend or whatever but because we pressed too high and couldn't recover anymore, we were dead in the second half. We tried attacking, tried pressing high, had 55% possession in the second half and got thoroughly outplayed on the counter and beat physically to every second ball.

In Amsterdam we had Cancelo, Sandro, Pjanić, Bentancur, Dybala, Costa, Bernardeschi and Ronaldo in the second half, they couldn't hold the ball together.
Trying and succeeding are two different things. We had the ball and yet did nothing with it.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Trying and succeeding are two different things. We had the ball and yet did nothing with it.
Ofc, I didn't say any different. My point is this is not correct:

I hope he is humble enough and motivated enough not to be a stubborn mule and grow some balls in the CL next season. No need to have our backs to the fucking wall to take the initiative ffs!
We didn't wait, we weren't cowardly. We went out because we were bad and naive, not because we tried defending.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
We didn't try attacking either, especially in the 2nd half. We took the initiative in the 1st half, were somewhat aggressive and assertive, scored and then caved after we conceded. We had the ball in the 2nd half but did nothing with it. We weren't pushing forward or creating opportunities. Our play was slow and predictable. We might have wanted to take the initiative, but we failed miserably. We neither exhibited competent defending nor any semblance of organized attacking play.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
Well that's sort of an overhaul. I think what they're saying is not to even expect that kind of overhaul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
overhaul would be selling dybala costa pjanic alexsandro bonucci matuidi... like 80% of our starting team.

We just need to get rid of deadwood and average players and bring in motivated young players who are ready to make the big jump.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
overhaul would be selling dybala costa pjanic alexsandro bonucci matuidi... like 80% of our starting team.

We just need to get rid of deadwood and average players and bring in motivated young players who are ready to make the big jump.
Jesus Christ! I'm telling you what they think an overhaul is according to the podcast. It's not my words! it's theirs.
Pretty much everyone in our midfield except Pjanic needs to be replaced, and we need a couple of players in defense too. Gab thinks we can't do that given that Ronaldo will cost us 400m euros in 4 seasons.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
Jesus Christ! I'm telling you what they think an overhaul is according to the podcast. It's not my words! it's theirs.
Pretty much everyone in our midfield except Pjanic needs to be replaced, and we need a couple of players in defense too. Gab thinks we can't do that given that Ronaldo will cost us 400m euros in 4 seasons.
yeah we cant do that. its too much. lets sell khedira matuidi in midfield

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Matuidi should be backup. The kind of player we want to come on in the 2nd half when a team is tired.

Bentancur should never start for us again.

Sami's time is up.

Bentancur & Matuidi bench players at most. Pjanic and Can together with say a Pogba or more capable (skilled) CM should be helpful.

tvrtko

Mar 14, 2019
There shouldn't be an overhaul.
Sell obvious ones and small time players to generate some income - get one wc starter CB and one wc starter CM to play besides Ramsey and Pjanic, and we're set.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Matuidi should be backup. The kind of player we want to come on in the 2nd half when a team is tired.

Bentancur should never start for us again.

Sami's time is up.

Bentancur & Matuidi bench players at most. Pjanic and Can together with say a Pogba or more capable (skilled) CM should be helpful.
Where does Ramsey fit in? Another close to 30 yo player on high wages and he most certainly is expected to start games. These opportunity signings are seriously making it difficult for us to finance wc midfielders and leaving us with little room to operate. Our salaries are already too high, considering overall costs. Its too high percentage compared to other clubs. Im afraid its gonna be Ramsey as our star signing this summer. Can imo should also be a backup. Ramsey, Pjanic and WC midfield signing is what Im hoping for, but alas prolly not gonna happen.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Where does Ramsey fit in? Another close to 30 yo player on high wages and he most certainly is expected to start games. These opportunity signings are seriously making it difficult for us to finance wc midfielders and leaving us with little room to operate. Our salaries are already too high, considering overall costs. Its too high percentage compared to other clubs. Im afraid its gonna be Ramsey as our star signing this summer. Can imo should also be a backup. Ramsey, Pjanic and WC midfield signing is what Im hoping for, but alas prolly not gonna happen.
:D
0001.jpg

tvrtko

Mar 14, 2019
Indeed, signing a wc CB and a wc CM at the same time does sound like a dream..
Let's hope at least we sign someone like Koulibaly, if we get only Ramsey for the midfield

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I always forget about him lol

I'm not sure how he will fit in. IN front of 3 man midfield in 4312?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 27, Guests: 552)