out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
We did knock our Real Madrid and Barcelona in recent years you know.
Yep. We've had some poor CL performances. Bayern first half home, Real Madrid 2nd half in the final. Barcelona 1st half final.

But to act like this is normal. People just making inane leap of logic that everyone is in a massive down year and really bad when we beat them.

Barcelona finished 3 points behind Real in La Liga last year. Scored 116 goals. They were very clearly a good team. We shut them out 3-0 over two legs. Real Madrid in 14-15 was very clearly a good team.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
I know we have injuries, but why, just why start a two man midfield with Khedira-Pjanic? He also keeps starting the same attacking players over and over again. What worry me the most is how we normally start the season looking shaky and unorganized only to become better and better. But this season it’s the exact opposite.

Mar 10, 2009
We were 2-0 up inside 10 minutes and then went into ghost mode until half time. We were slightly better in the 2nd half, but still nowhere near good enough. It seemed as if we were happy taking a 2-2 draw, while Spurs were pushing for the win. I'm not too worried because Allegri rarely gets it wrong against the same opponent twice. It's in off matches where he can royally $#@! it up.

As for getting him a consistent team, it starts by not selling your best players. Tell that our sporting DS who creams his pants every single time he says Euro bills paraded in his face.

That as well

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Before the tidal wave of "pussy tactics' starts:

The formation was too aggressive. It wasn't pussy. It was a mistake to play with 2 CMs and not 3. It's not a pussy tactic if you are playing with 4 midfielders instead of 5.

We couldn't grab possession because we didn't have enough in midfield. Because we had one too many attackers on the field. He went with Khedira-Pjanic in front of the defence which is basically the most aggressive and risky thing you could do.

This is actually the most common theme with Allegri in CL. It's not pussy tactics, it's the opposite. It's why we got smashed in the 2nd half vs. Madrid. He risks a lot to defend with 8 instead of 9 and hope our attackers can put chances away.

And still it basically worked as we should have had a minimum 3-2 result.

To be honest, when we went up 2-0. If he switched to a 4-3-3 with Costa on LW to utterly rape Aurier, the game would end 4 or 5 nil.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Bend over for 3 seasons straight in the CL to any team that can play a bit of football and isn't afraid to take the game to us

We are still playing football like it's the 1990's

Last season we were lucky Barca were crap and got Monaco in the semi's

There is no excuse for this shit show every season

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Completely on Allegri.

When will he realise the 2 man mid doesn't work this season? AT 2-0 up you knew we'd sit back, these out dated tactics don't work anymore. What's worse was that Higuain was clearly asked to defend as part of midfield so we had no outlet in the first half.

The two mids were completely overrun and he couldn't see how to solve it which is worrying.
:agree: This. Against a team that plays a high press a static and immobile midfield duo of Khedira and Pjanic is ripe for the picking. We were fortunate to hit them hard and hit them early, but then we inexplicably went into our shell. It was a pathetic performance for the rest of the 1st half. We can keep glorifying our achievements all we want in Serie A, where we keep beating up on and bullying far inferior opposition, but Europe is the true litmus test, and tonight was an abject failure.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
We were 2-0 up inside 10 minutes and then went into ghost mode until half time. We were slightly better in the 2nd half, but still nowhere near good enough. It seemed as if we were happy taking a 2-2 draw, while Spurs were pushing for the win. I'm not too worried because Allegri rarely gets it wrong against the same opponent twice. It's in off matches where he can royally fuck it up.

As for getting him a consistent team, it starts by not selling your best players. Tell that our sporting DS who creams his pants every single time he says Euro bills paraded in his face.
We were going to lose the midfield eventually, it was inevitable. That's where Matuidi comes in. Need to cut this injury bull shit out and KEEP A 3 MAN MIDFIELD.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
Allegri lost the midfield battle tonight against Pooch.

Spurs intelligently had Lamela and Alli swamp the mid, making it very hard for Pjanic and Khedira to get their feet in the game. Especially in the first half did SPurs dominate us. Thru some solid GEGENPRESS SPurs made it very hard for us to get the ball going and the following long balls were almost all picked up by Dembele and Dier in the midfield battle.

Allegri's choice of only fielding to central midfielder was a mistake.

Eriksen and Dembele bossed us around at times.

BUut we should be able to take advantage of Spurs $#@!ty defense.
if fucking erik lamela can play in the middle, there's no reason for costa, mandzu, berna couldn't countered them and do the same.

it's all down to preparation, plan and training; allegri still live in 1960s when it come to attacking side of the game.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
We were 2-0 up inside 10 minutes and then went into ghost mode until half time. We were slightly better in the 2nd half, but still nowhere near good enough. It seemed as if we were happy taking a 2-2 draw, while Spurs were pushing for the win. I'm not too worried because Allegri rarely gets it wrong against the same opponent twice. It's in off matches where he can royally $#@! it up.

We got rid of Alves for obv reasons after his comments in media about Dybala.

Bonucci would not have made difference tonight.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
I know we have injuries, but why, just why start a two man midfield with Khedira-Pjanic?
Perhaps he thought he would outsmart Pooch with that lineup. I'm perplexed myself. Both Pjanic and Khedira are slow players yet they are facing one of the fastest playing teams in Europe :shrug:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I know we have injuries, but why, just why start a two man midfield with Khedira-Pjanic? He also keeps starting the same attacking players over and over again. What worry me the most is how we normally start the season looking shaky and unorganized only to become better and better. But this season it’s the exact opposite.
I don't think he trusts Betancur, and rightly so, but either Marchisio or even Stu should have been on the pitch in midfield today.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Before the tidal wave of "pussy tactics' starts:

The formation was too aggressive. It wasn't pussy. It was a mistake to play with 2 CMs and not 3. It's not a pussy tactic if you are playing with 4 midfielders instead of 5.

We couldn't grab possession because we didn't have enough in midfield. Because we had one too many attackers on the field. He went with Khedira-Pjanic in front of the defence which is basically the most aggressive and risky thing you could do.

This is actually the most common theme with Allegri in CL. It's not pussy tactics, it's the opposite. It's why we got smashed in the 2nd half vs. Madrid. He risks a lot to defend with 8 instead of 9 and hope our attackers can put chances away.

And still it basically worked as we should have had a minimum 3-2 result.
:tup:

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
if fucking erik lamela can play in the middle, there's no reason for costa, mandzu, berna couldn't countered them and do the same.

it's all down to preparation, plan and training; allegri still live in 1960s when it come to attacking side of the game.
Don't reply to my posts.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
You get what you deserve. Set us deeper next time. He can add getting out coached by Pochetits to the list. Match was even going against them and we let them back.

Now for his press to talk the jibbish how we lacked in technical side, as if he's not the godamn coach to teach this team some movement in the mid and final fucking third.

You can tell first thing in the back of the players mind is how far off they are of their defensive position to not get caught off in transition.
Isn't it exactly what a few nutjobs on here wanted to see?

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Partly Allegris fault for thinking we can sit back for 80 minutes, partly the clubs fault for thinking we can maintain our status as a top 3 club with our ridiculous transfer policy.

Either way who gives a fuck, club has no intention of giving the fans a solitary CL win in the modern era. If I'm dybala, I'm fucking off ASAP to any club with ambition. Clubs worse than us can easily overtake us by not fucking around with their team every Summer. The PL went from being beneath us to the 5th best team dominating us in Turin in the space of a couple of seasons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 539)