out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Not everything this guy says is wrong, you guys needs to chill. Some attacking coaches get better output from technical/attacking players like Dybala, its just a fact, play in a way that accentuates their qualities. Just look at wingers/forwards under Pep, and indeed the kind of short passing/highly mobile attacking schemes Sarri employs gives tons of opportunities to his attacking trio, makes them look better.

Give Mertens to Conte and you wont see the kind of performances you see under Sarri for example.
Allegri has given Dybala a lot of opportunity. He does nothing defensively and our 4-2-3-1 formation is basically made for him to get the ball in space between the lines.

I think Dybala could do better at Napoli but mostly because they have a lot of tiki-taka midfielders and Dybala would be a good #9 there. But still not as good as Mertens I think.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Tuz. Bitch about CL and then praise Sarri, the coach who has been knocked out Europa by Villareal, and CL group stage by Shaktar in the last 3 years. Also, knocked out of Coppa Italia by Inter and Atalanta in QFs in 2 of last 3 years. Hasn't made a final yet.

Such strong cup results! If not for giants like Atalanta, Inter, Villarreal, Shaktar, Sarri's trophy cabinet would be full! :baus:

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Tuz. Bitch about CL and then praise Sarri, the coach who has been knocked out Europa by Villareal, and CL group stage by Shaktar in the last 3 years. Also, knocked out of Coppa Italia by Inter and Atalanta in QFs in 2 of last 3 years. Hasn't made a final yet.

Such strong cup results! If not for giants like Atalanta, Inter, Villarreal, Shaktar, Sarri's trophy cabinet would be full! :baus:
No one even knew who Valverde was before this year, now there's a 90% chance that he's going to win the domestic double in his first season.

If you gave Sarri our squad to work with, he would start winning trophies in no time. I have no doubt about it.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
No one even knew who Valverde was before this year, now there's a 90% chance that he's going to win the domestic double in his first season.

If you gave Sarri our squad to work with, he would start winning trophies in no time. I have no doubt about it.
We'd play naive football in CL

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Is this the benchmark and is this supposed to prove they aren't naive

Watch also the games they've had in the group stages this year
True, the group stage this year was a failure on Sarri’s behalf.

But to be fair, it’s pretty obvious that Napoli are putting absolutely everything into the scudetto this year, and are not afraid to sacrifice Europe or even the Coppa Italia to win Serie A.

We have a much deeper squad than them and are trying to balance 3 competitions. We can play Costa, Higuain and Dybala one week; then play Cuadrado, Mandzukic and Bernardeschi the next week. No other team in Serie A can even dream of this kind of depth.

The difficulty with trying to judge Sarri as a coach is that Napoli is literally the first high profile job of his career. We don’t know yet how he would do at a real top clubs. I reckon that he would be a stud, but there’s no way to either prove or disprove that.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
While still losing

Is this the benchmark and is this supposed to prove they aren't naive

Watch also the games they've had in the group stages this year
:agree:

Sarri has been shit every year in cup ties.

They got knocked out of EL Rof32 by Villarreal, and Coppa Italia Quarters during Higuain's record year. They just got knocked out of Coppa Quarters again by Atalanta and CL group stage by Shaktar. They lost to both Shaktar and Feyenoord. They only got out of their group last year because they had a group with Benfica, Kiev, Besiktas. Still only managed 11 points in that joke of a group.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Allegri has given Dybala a lot of opportunity. He does nothing defensively and our 4-2-3-1 formation is basically made for him to get the ball in space between the lines.

I think Dybala could do better at Napoli but mostly because they have a lot of tiki-taka midfielders and Dybala would be a good #9 there. But still not as good as Mertens I think.
Which system do you think suits Dybala best?

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Another great season from Mister. So far we had many players out and we're still fighting on 3 fronts.

Mister is gonna change the system soon and than everybody's gonna get laid.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
:agree:

Sarri has been shit every year in cup ties.

They got knocked out of EL Rof32 by Villarreal, and Coppa Italia Quarters during Higuain's record year. They just got knocked out of Coppa Quarters again by Atalanta and CL group stage by Shaktar. They lost to both Shaktar and Feyenoord. They only got out of their group last year because they had a group with Benfica, Kiev, Besiktas. Still only managed 11 points in that joke of a group.
But but what about that one great game they had against Real?

Only lost 1:3.

That great game alone renders all the choking against minnows meaningless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 584)