out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
There are many problems in the team right now. But I have confidence in Allegri.

Fuck it. We managed to win many games playing bad. Once we hit form, we'll murder other teams.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
There are many problems in the team right now. But I have confidence in Allegri.

Fuck it. We managed to win many games playing bad. Once we hit form, we'll murder other teams.
We dont have quality RB and our midfield play without Pjanic is dreadful.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
As far as this particular match, it was a joke. We missed 3 or 4 absolute 100% chances. Costa hit two posts. They didn't touch the ball in our box. You can't even evaluate this match really.

As far as the general team setup. It's still too dependent on Dybala. Again, I always say this, but it's not that easy to balance the team with Higuain and Dybala. You are basically playing two #9s which is not something any team does nowadays.

A lot of the offensive setup is to make space for Dybala to receive the ball and when he can't control a single thing, the team will look bad. The #10 is such an important position, it's basically the most important in this formation.

I don't want to be too reactionary or over-exaggerate the situation but I wonder sometimes how much better the team would be with a real #10. As far as the rest of the setup, it basically picks itself at this point. Cuadrado has to play because we defend with 8 and on top of it he has to baby sit whoever is at RB. The CMs are basically interchangeable outside of Pjanic. The LW position is the only spot where you can debate Mandzu, Costa or even Berna.

You can't play a one striker formation with Higuain/Dybala so Max has very little choice in how to setup the team.

And I've said this before also but the return of Howedes could be a massive boost. We can revert to our 3-4-3 hybrid that we used with Alves last year because Howedes can play that RB/CB spot. This is the only change I can think of that will make our team more "fluid" with these two #9s that we have to play.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
As far as this particular match, it was a joke. We missed 3 or 4 absolute 100% chances. Costa hit two posts. They didn't touch the ball in our box. You can't even evaluate this match really.

As far as the general team setup. It's still too dependent on Dybala. Again, I always say this, but it's not that easy to balance the team with Higuain and Dybala. You are basically playing two #9s which is not something any team does nowadays.

A lot of the offensive setup is to make space for Dybala to receive the ball and when he can't control a single thing, the team will look bad. The #10 is such an important position, it's basically the most important in this formation.

I don't want to be too reactionary or over-exaggerate the situation but I wonder sometimes how much better the team would be with a real #10. As far as the rest of the setup, it basically picks itself at this point. Cuadrado has to play because we defend with 8 and on top of it he has to baby sit whoever is at RB. The CMs are basically interchangeable outside of Pjanic. The LW position is the only spot where you can debate Mandzu, Costa or even Berna.

You can't play a one striker formation with Higuain/Dybala so Max has very little choice in how to setup the team.

And I've said this before also but the return of Howedes could be a massive boost. We can revert to our 3-4-3 hybrid that we used with Alves last year because Howedes can play that RB/CB spot. This is the only change I can think of that will make our team more "fluid" with these two #9s that we have to play.
I agree with most you said but neither Dybala nor Higuain are old school 9s. They are both very technically gifted players so I believe they are able to cooperate. 4-2-3-1 is very similar to 4-4-2. Kind of ADP-Trez partnership besides Higuain being more creative than Trez but Dybala inferior to Alex.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Buffon
Howedes-Rugani-Chiellini
Cuadrado-Pjanic-Marchisio-Sandro
Dybala-Higuain-Costa​

??? @MikeM how would you even work the lineup?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
:D

---

I feel like we are going to see some radical improvements coming soon. We have a RB that is fit and did really well today, granted it was only Benevento but its important to get that sharpness. MDS actually does pretty well with the ball at his feet. We have almost a second RB/CB (Howie) that is actually good as well coming back to fitness.

Higuain is scoring again.

Our wingers are finally threatening/producing/scoring.

Sandro had an assist. Coach called him out in the media I think the fire is lit.

Marchisio is fit and its awesome we can interchange he and Pjanic to control our midfield.

Big concern for me now is Dybala. wtf

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Buffon
Howedes-Rugani-Chiellini
Dybala-Higuain-Costa​

Gigi/Szcz
Howedes/Licht Rugani/Benatia Chiellini/Barzagli
Cuads/MDS Pjanic/CM8/Benta Sami/Blaise AS/DC/Asa
Dybala/Berna Mandzu/DC
Higgy/Mandzu

i think we can pull it off if the 4231 dont work out in the end. id love to see DC at wingback with Mandzukic infront of him for one game, just to see how DC would work with the space Mandzukic would create for him. it would be kind of too offensive for us, so probably wont ever happen though

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Gigi/Szcz
Howedes/Licht Rugani/Benatia Chiellini/Barzagli
Cuads/MDS Pjanic/CM8/Benta Sami/Blaise AS/DC/Asa
Dybala/Berna Mandzu/DC
Higgy/Mandzu

i think we can pull it off if the 4231 dont work out in the end. id love to see DC at wingback with Mandzukic infront of him for one game, just to see how DC would work with the space Mandzukic would create for him. it would be kind of too offensive for us, so probably wont ever happen though
Is that a 3421? :D

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Buffon
Howedes-Rugani-Chiellini
Dybala-Higuain-Costa​

Last year we used this formation with Alves instead of Cuadrado and Mandzukic instead of Costa (obviously Bonucci as well). Basically Dybala and Mandzu would both be in between the lines of Higuain and the midfield. And then in defence it was back to a 4-4-2 with Mandzukic running all the way back to the outside LM spot. So again, we were defending with 8 even with a 3-4-3 shape in attack.

The problem with Costa instead of Mandzukic is he doesn't have the capacity to run back and sit in front of Alex Sandro. So you will be defending with 7 which is reserved only for Zemen.

So it's possible we see your formation but instead of Costa you will see Mandzukic. The main appeal is that Alex Sandro and Cuadrado have more freedom. And Dybala and Mandzukic will have more space to receive the ball between the CMs and Higuain. Right now, only Dybala is receiving space between the CMs and Higuain.

But then you have to think if you really want Mandzukic in that space, maybe not. But this formation was deadly for us last year especially against Monaco. We can switch play really, really quickly from Alex Sandro to Cuadrado, we are much harder to press. Those two players are exceptional as wing backs, possibly the two best you will find.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
yep, better than the 343 :p (even though its basically the same)
OK :D

- - - Updated - - -

Last year we used this formation with Alves instead of Cuadrado and Mandzukic instead of Costa (obviously Bonucci as well). Basically Dybala and Mandzu would both be in between the lines of Higuain and the midfield. And then in defence it was back to a 4-4-2 with Mandzukic running all the way back to the outside LM spot. So again, we were defending with 8 even with a 3-4-3 shape in attack.

The problem with Costa instead of Mandzukic is he doesn't have the capacity to run back and sit in front of Alex Sandro. So you will be defending with 7 which is reserved only for Zemen.

So it's possible we see your formation but instead of Costa you will see Mandzukic. The main appeal is that Alex Sandro and Cuadrado have more freedom. And Dybala and Mandzukic will have more space to receive the ball between the CMs and Higuain. Right now, only Dybala is receiving space between the CMs and Higuain.

But then you have to think if you really want Mandzukic in that space, maybe not. But this formation was deadly for us last year especially against Monaco. We can switch play really, really quickly from Alex Sandro to Cuadrado, we are much harder to press. Those two players are exceptional as wing backs, possibly the two best you will find.
:tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 183)