out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeviAngel

Oct 3, 2014
'Juventus will attack Bayern’
By Football Italia staff

Coach Max Allegri insists Juventus won’t park the bus against Bayern Munich - “it’ll be a beautiful game”.

The Bianconeri will face the German giants in the Last 16 of the Champions League, but won’t be trying to defend their way to the Quarter-Finals.

“Will Pep Guardiola leaving change anything?” Allegri considered, speaking to Corriere della Sera.

“No, in fact the year he announced his arrival and [Jupp] Heynckes announced his departure they lifted the trophy.

“Will we park the bus? No, it will be beautiful game. We have to prepare well to go to the Quarter-Finals, and come out stronger to face the sprint in the League.

“The European showcase is important. After the final in Berlin [last season], the international popularity of Juve changed.

“The League counts, and you have to win it, but the Champions League is seen all over the world and we always have to get to at least the Last 16.”

Allegri was then asked whether he’d still be on the bench at the age of 65

“No. I hope my daughter will give me grandchildren, and if the Lord gives me the opportunity to feel good then I want to enjoy my life.

“You have to go out as a winner.
:bow:

“Life is to be lived - within the rules, and without hurting anyone - if you live passively and with sadness every day then what’s the point?”

The former Milan Coach then discussed his sabbatical after being sacked by the Rossoneri, as well as various other aspects of his life.

“What did I do in my sabbatical? I went to London to see games. Why? Because there are 12 teams, and above all to speak English.

“How am I doing? I have to be freer in conversation, but I’m making strides.

“A colleague I’d invite to dinner? Guardiola, he’s caused me the most difficulty. He’s unique in changing the team on the pitch during the game.

“And a historical figure? Since he always preached calm and patience, [Mahatma] Gandhi.

“What will I give my four-year-old son for Christmas? I wish I could give him the values that I received. In today’s world we’re at risk of losing them.

“Young lads are very weak psychologically, because while technology is very useful it has decreased human interaction.”

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Allegri’s attacking pieces are fitting
By Football Italia staff

Paulo Dybala and Mario Mandzukic are the attacking partnership to take Juventus through 2016, Luca Cetta believes.

Juventus knew they had to go shopping. “We spoke to Carlos [Tevez] in January, and Carlos expressed his desire, if the conditions were right, to return to Argentina,” President Andrea Agnelli stated just days after the Champions League Final loss to Barcelona.

He would be difficult to replace, but Juve did their best attacking business early in the summer. Paulo Dybala had already finalised his move from Palermo to be a guest of the club in Berlin. Mario Mandzukic would also arrive before the end of June.

Yet by September it looked a considerably different strikeforce to three months earlier. Juventus were resigned to losing Tevez and Alessandro Matri was only a loan signing. By the time the window slammed shut just Alvaro Morata remained from 2014-15. Simone Zaza’s arrival meant there was little space for Fernando Llorente, who left for Sevilla. And despite starting the first two matches of the campaign, Kingsley Coman joined Bayern Munich. Massimiliano Allegri’s subsequent words hinted he wasn’t happy with the switch. Add these ingredients and it’s little wonder the Bianconeri netted just six goals in as many rounds to start the campaign.

Juventus have overcome their slow start to become serious Scudetto contenders following seven successive victories. And only now is Allegri’s attacking jigsaw falling into place.

It centres on Dybala. The 22-year-old leads the Juve scoring charts with ten goals in all competitions. Signing for a deal worth up to €40m, the Argentine has emerged as the attacking lynchpin. It took some weeks to adjust to his new surroundings, nor did Allegri want to burden La Joya with too much responsibility too soon. But Dybala responded to net spectacular and important goals.

And Dybala takes what he can from Carlitos. Speaking of his role earlier this term he stated: “It’s almost that of a trequartista. I play between the lines. The truth is I have been studying Tevez for a year. I watched all his games last season and when we train together for the national team I try to copy him as much as possible.”

The Argentina international didn’t net in the year-ending win at Carpi, but Mandzukic did. Twice. Proving his predatory instincts, the Croat netted with his only two touches inside the hosts’ penalty area in the first half. That took his season tally to nine, including six in the last seven games. Important goals too. Each of the half-dozen directly impacted a result, from the winner against Manchester City to wiping out leads for Empoli and Carpi.

If Dybala has the intrinsic technical ability and movement of Tevez, then Mandzukic provides the grunt. His former Wolfsburg Coach Felix Magath once said he’s fit enough to “play two back-to-back high tempo games without stopping even for a minute.” That’s reflected in his defensive work, with Mandzukic often harrying opposition defences.

Between them, Dybala and Mandzukic have netted half of Juve’s 28 Serie A goals. They are Allegri’s partnership of choice, starting the last five League matches. They’ve proved decisive too, either scoring or assisting in each. The combination is beginning to flourish.

What of Morata? Goals in Juve’s first two Champions League fixtures equalled Alessandro Del Piero’s club record of netting in five consecutive European outings, but he’s since lost his place. Morata made only six League starts to Christmas – plus five in Europe – and is without a goal since early October. That’s 15 appearances. The 23-year-old is lacking in confidence and will hope to resurface in the New Year as he did last term.

Then there’s Zaza. He has acknowledged the desire for more playing time – appearing for only 284 minutes in Serie A – but is willing to work for his spot. “I’d prefer to play more and score more goals, obviously, but I’ve never complained and I won’t start now,” Zaza said after netting at Palermo. “I am enjoying the moment and looking forward to the next.” He took his next chance, scoring a Coppa brace against Torino. With five goals in all competitions, the Italian is showing Allegri he is a willing and reliable option.

But there’s no looking past the current pairing. There will be chances for Morata and Zaza as Juve fight on three fronts. Yet after the upheaval in August, the attack is now bearing fruit, the pieces coming together for Allegri.
@Morata

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Massimiliano Allegri at the top of Abramovich's list to take over Chelsea next summer. Simeone & Conte are also a targets for them. [GdS]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 42, Guests: 162)