Mascherano wants Juve? (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
Yeah, what the hell is happening at Corinthians, I assumed most South American clubs couldnt afford to do what they are doing...I bet they are trying to rival the European clubs :D
++ [ originally posted by Sid ] ++
gee, i wonder how long can corinthians last before they are officially bankcrupt.

where did they get that amount of money anyway? selling robinho?
Corinthians are Chelsea's feeder club apparantly.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Its part of the 'conspiracy' rumours, going around the Brazilian media, but whether it is true or not is debatable, I dont know personally, why would Corinthians deny it? Unless like the speculation, it is illegal money they are using...???

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Mascherano snubs Italian job
Thursday 24 February, 2005

Italian clubs keen on netting Javier Alejandro Mascherano have been beaten to his signature by Corinthians.

The Argentine starlet was being monitored by a host of Europe’s top sides, including Juventus and the Milan duo.

But the 20-year-old will be moving to Brazil at the end of June after River Plate accepted an £11m offer.

Mascherano, who Diego Maradona once described as a "monster who plays football like a 30-year-old", has signed a five-year contract.

The central midfielder is Corinthians’ second high profile capture in the last six months after that of another Argentine.

Carlos Tevez, a striker who Palermo were allegedly chasing, joined the outfit at the start of this season despite interest from English, Italian and Spanish clubs.

channel4.com

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Italian clubs keen on netting Javier Alejandro Mascherano have been beaten to his signature by Corinthians.
Fvck!
I cant understand moggi how couldn he use salas to get first option
Now not only we lost maxi but mascherano too
But he should go for someone else like pizaro, rosicky...

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Mascherano wasn't a necessity. He's a defensive midfielder. We've got plenty of those, we need someone with attacking qualities and a bit of creativity.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Mascherano wasn't a necessity. He's a defensive midfielder. We've got plenty of those , we need someone with attacking qualities and a bit of creativity.
Yeah but with what quality
If we are going to play someone defensivly minded like Blasi than why not get someone like Mascherano, I am sure he doesnt suck in atacking

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
If we're going to play two defensive midfielders then yes we would need to sign someone, but my plan is for us to partner Emerson with someone like Rosicky, Pizarro or Juninho. Blasi would be Emo's sub.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Man when I remeber moggi wanted deco few years ago and drogba also(when he played for guingamp I think but I am not sure)
If we have bought them then (it would be for small money) we would now surely be having a hell of a team

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Juninho is great. isnt he 29? Creative, GREAT freekicks ;)
Pizarro and Rosicky, Riquelme are possibilities aswell.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
That's just great. So after a couple years Mascherano and Tevez will go to Chelsea and other good South American talents will find their way to Corinthians.

God damn Abramovich.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++
Juninho is great. isnt he 29? Creative, GREAT freekicks ;)
Pizarro and Rosicky, Riquelme are possibilities aswell.
Yeah, Juninho is 29. He's a brilliant player in my view but we won't get him.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
How many top young talents aren't?As far as I'm concerned he's very gifted and a huge prospect,he could turn out to be Denilson V2.0 but that isn't such a bad thing.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
How many top young talents aren't?As far as I'm concerned he's very gifted and a huge prospect,he could turn out to be Denilson V2.0 but that isn't such a bad thing.
He certainly could be another Denilson. Robinho's best at dribling and skills, but physically is rusbbish. He'd be a flop in Seria against tough defenders like Stam, Canna, Maldini etc. But who knows. We'll see what he will have to offer..

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
I didn't say I'd want him at Juve.I'd rather we spend the money on someone else.Spain is definitely the way to go,I just don't want to see him at Chelsea that's all :)

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
why do so many people write young players off before giving them a chance? how many of you have ever even seen Robinho before saying he'll flop in Serie A?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)