Martin Cáceres (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
Well that's a perfect solution to this particular transfer.

An arrangement that suits the club offering little or no risk.

Something tells me that this is a very smart move.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Caceres to Juve talk grows

Daniel Fonseca, the former Roma and Napoli striker, has urged Juventus to sign fellow Uruguayan Martin Caceres from Barcelona.

The Bianconeri are in the market for a centre-back and have been trying to raise funds to buy one after spending £48m this summer.

Today's Tuttosport reports Caceres has already said yes to a move to Juventus.

Asked if he still stood by his decision to compare Caceres with Cannavaro, Fonseca replied: “I can confirm it today. I am not mistaken.

“I am only sorry that Barcelona made an important investment in Caceres only for him to find little space [in the team].

“Now the lad wants to go and play, while I, his agent, have to make him happy. I said so to Barcelona after Alessio Secco had his first meeting with them.

“I understand that they would find it hard to give Caceres away, but in front of him he has two Catalans in Puyol and Pique, and then there is Marquez.

“God forbid, no one at Juventus will give him guarantees, but they want him and I am optimistic. If they sign him, and I think they will in the next 10 days, they will have beaten competition from five or six important clubs.

“In Italy, Milan and Roma were also informed. I am optimistic for Juve and they will see that Caceres will surprise everyone.

“As for his future he said to me: 'do it,' and I replied: 'we're going to Juve.' Right now we are talking about a loan with a right to buy him at the end of the season.

“At 22 I have seen few players like him. He has the toughness of Ciro Ferrara, the Ferrara who played with me, and the speed of Cannavaro. A great jump and unique explosiveness,” Fonseca concluded.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jul22h.html

Berbatov

Oct 19, 2004
I'm bit scared of his tackles.Sometimes he'll feel the presure and boom Montero's style b/c i see the same DNA with Montero play.Just hope i'm wrong and his versatile abillities will prevail over his explosive temper

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
WHen are we going to use this guy? Cannavaro, Chiellini and Legrotagglie is ahead of him and I'm not sure about using a flopping CB as a fullback.

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
WHen are we going to use this guy? Cannavaro, Chiellini and Legrotagglie is ahead of him and I'm not sure about using a flopping CB as a fullback.
i don't think that legro will be ahead of him. i dont think that canna will always be our first choice...

Why? Why do you think he will be better with us then with Barcelona? He was so bad last season that Guradiola played a DM, Yaya Toure instead of him as a CB in CL.
have you seen one game with caceres as a dc??? i haven't. it was just guardiola's opinion that caceres was not good. nothing more...

henry in juve wasn't playing good. so henry was a flop when we went to arsenal. the same with vieira in milan before he went in arsenal...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)