Marseille doping scandal rocks Milan. (1 Viewer)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Marseille doping scandal rocks Milan
Saturday 21 January, 2006
Milan are ready to demand the 1993 Champions League trophy after a Marseille star claimed the team was on drugs for the Final.

The Rossoneri lost the match in Munich 1-0 to a goal from Basil Boli, as their opponents became the first French team ever to lift the trophy. It was a shock, as Fabio Capello’s side had a 100 per cent record until that point with 10 consecutive victories.

Now former Marseille midfielder Jean-Jacques Edelie has revealed in his autobiography that the game was not all it seemed to be.

“The only time I agreed to take a doping product was the 1993 Champions League Final,” he confessed in the book that will come out on March 1.

“In all the clubs I played in, I saw some doping going on, except for Bastia, but this was the only time I accepted. We all took a series of injections and I felt different during the game, as my physique responded differently under strain. The only player who refused to take part was Rudi Voller (pictured).”

The news is a particular shock to Milan, as among the Marseille stars were future Serie A heroes Didier Deschamps and Marcel Desailly.

It’s not the first time that the French club has been embroiled in controversy, as it emerged they had fixed their title-clinching League game against ASOA Valence-Clime so that they could concentrate on the European Final. The side was stripped of Le Championnat, relegated and barred from defending this trophy.

Milan have asked their lawyers to look into the situation and many of the players who lost that day are hoping to be awarded the title with a 13-year delay.

“I am shocked and find this news disturbing,” Daniele Massaro told the Corriere dello Sport. “If these allegations are proved, then it would be right to take the trophy away from Marseille and return it to Milan. The whole thing is simply incredible.”

Roberto Donadoni, who is now Coach of Serie A side Livorno, aimed his scorn at the club hierarchy.

“I don’t know what the future of that cup holds, but one thing is certain: if it's proved that all the players were on something, then the directors must’ve had a hand in it. I remain stunned by the fact that professionals in this sport can go to any lengths in order to win.”

Vice-President Adriano Galliani called for UEFA to take action over these allegations.

“Our lawyer is looking into the situation and we believe that UEFA cannot help but begin an inquest when confronted with these statements. Of course, if Marseille really were on drugs against us that night, then I think it’s right for the trophy to be assigned to Milan. We’ll wait and see what happens.”

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
I read this article earlier. Well we never got stripped of our titles after our doping scandal, so wouldnt surprise me if marseille kept theirs.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Rami said:
Welcome back Moggi, what changed your mind??

My account got raped a few days ago, so i wanted a new start. Back to the old name i think. I didnt wanna leave it in the first place Remember Tifoso Lou wasnt happy because he was R.C and the word Messiah offended him.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Why would Milan want the cup anyway? If you lost, you lost, regardless whether they were on drugs or not. It's just not the same if you get a cup this way.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Why the hell would Edelie reveal something like that? Doesn't he realise that he might lose his CL winners medal now? Jackass.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
They tried to do the same with us,
these trophies sould be earned in the field...MILAN.
Even if they will take it away from one(doped) team how could they be sure the others didnt take a doping?
The trophy sould be retired then...

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Cronios said:
They tried to do the same with us,
these trophies sould be earned in the field...MILAN.
Even if they will take it away from one(doped) team how could they be sure the others didnt take a doping?
The trophy sould be retired then...
Exactly. They're not going to know who took drugs back in the past from who didn't and obviously those winning teams that did take drugs aren't going to reveal that like that Marseille player did.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Stuart said:
Why the hell would Edelie reveal something like that? Doesn't he realise that he might lose his CL winners medal now? Jackass.
Because the whole world already knew about this, except the Milan people.

I've been talking about Olympic Marseille being doped in 1993 for at least 10 years. The whole of France knew about it. Now Milan acts all shocked because it comes out in one player's book. Shit, when I mentioned this last summer the only person who expressed doubt was Libero, who is a Milan fan btw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)