Marquez (6 Viewers)

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
It doesn't make sense to pull Puyol from centerback, the position he excels at, when a good back like Oleguer is available. It's like putting Chiellini out at left-back while we have Pasqual sitting on the bench and Stendardo - Legro as the centerbacks.

Oleguer is a terrible player. The only reason he is still at Barca is because he is Catalan, just like their goalie Valdes. Both terrible, but both kept for their Catalan roots.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Sep 28, 2002
:agree:

i just do nt see the sense in placing one of europes best CB(whether we like it or not) at RB to accomodate other players. it was not just recently either,puyol has regularly been shuttled out wide by Rijkaard. this,for me,is foolhardy and just about any fool in the world could see that he is barca's best CB by a mile
but oleguer is really rubbish, pretty much on par with lithuanian right back at hearts. besides, puyol started his senior barca career as right back. the fact is that barce have several good center back, and no good right backs. if puyol moves there, marquez/thuram/milito are more than enough to cover for him in the center. if oleguer plays on the right, three puyol in the center wont solve the problem

Sep 28, 2002
ßöмßäяdîëя;1575698 said:
I agree to a point, but it's obvious Mellberg isn't better. But you have to ask yourself, "Is he better than what we have?" If the answer is no for both CB positions, then he can do nothing but make your team better.
out only center backs atm are legrottaglie and chiellini. stendardo is here on loan and wont be here after july. criscito will come back but he still is too inexperienced to play first team. mellberg is decent and free. perfect 3rd choice center back. moggi would be proud of this deal. so whats the problem?

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
but oleguer is really rubbish, pretty much on par with lithuanian right back at hearts. besides, puyol started his senior barca career as right back. the fact is that barce have several good center back, and no good right backs. if puyol moves there, marquez/thuram/milito are more than enough to cover for him in the center. if oleguer plays on the right, three puyol in the center wont solve the problem
oh don't get me wrong i know this but surely they have someone who is adequate cover for a Rb rather than use your best CB out there. in europe this folly will eb badly punished

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Oleguer is a terrible player. The only reason he is still at Barca is because he is Catalan, just like their goalie Valdes. Both terrible, but both kept for their Catalan roots.
Valdes isn't a terrible player. Sure, he's not anywhere near Casillas, but he's still "good." Oleguer isn't that great but he's still a capable player defensively, sort of like a younger version of Birindelli.

It seems like whenever a Barca player is brought up, he's either "crap," "shite," "terrible," or "overrated". There is without a doubt a hardcore bias against Barcelona players on this forum and it's getting pretty childish. First it was Ronnie, then it was Eto'o and Deco, and now it's Marquez and Milito.

Seriously, people, grow the fuck up.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Valdes isn't a terrible player. Sure, he's not anywhere near Casillas, but he's still "good." Oleguer isn't that great but he's still a capable player defensively, sort of like a younger version of Birindelli.

It seems like whenever a Barca player is brought up, he's either "crap," "shite," "terrible," or "overrated". There is without a doubt a hardcore bias against Barcelona players on this forum and it's getting pretty childish. First it was Ronnie, then it was Eto'o and Deco, and now it's Marquez and Milito.

Seriously, people, grow the fuck up.
Well I don't hate Barcelona and I can be objective on this one. They are a great club with respectable history, quality football (though not the best imo) and some great individuals. I never liked them as a team though as they are nowhere near to be called a very united group like for example Juventus always were. I think the hate for Barcelona in a lot of cases here comes from the way m_elayyan puts them on piedestal. I myself, prefer Real Madrid to them. My 2 cents.

Sep 26, 2007
Valdes is not a horrible goalie. Obviously, you haven't watched much of Barca to know that. In the beginning of the season, Valdes was hands down responsible for the majority of their wins. He has won the Zamora trophy and he is also leading for it at the moment. He has had some slip ups in some major moments, but he is young. Goalies get better with age. We are spoiled by Buffon. He is no Buffon but who is? Valdes is the unsung hero of Barca. Typical that people ignore his talent and claim that he is on the team due to his Catalan roots. :faq1:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Well I don't hate Barcelona and I can be objective on this one. They are a great club with respectable history, quality football (though not the best imo) and some great individuals. I never liked them as a team though as they are nowhere near to be called a very united group like for example Juventus always were. I think the hate for Barcelona in a lot of cases here comes from the way m_elayyan puts them on piedestal. I myself, prefer Real Madrid to them. My 2 cents.
A lot of it is probably because of m_elayyan, but even when he isn't stinking up the forum, people still seemingly have grudges against Barca players. For instance, just a few weeks ago people said Deco isn't that great of a player anymore and was always overrated, and for some reason people stated they'd never want Eto'o or Ronnie on this side. It's clearly bias and doesn't make any sense.

I can't stand Real Madrid but they're a better team right now.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I still remember how people said Xavi is an overrated player, and people such as Akkhmedios saying Iniesta is overrated and would fail in Italy. I'm sure some people will even say Rivaldo was overrated and begrudge him for his dives, yet we have a bunch of divers on Juventus as well, including Nocerino. I'm sure people will say Pep Guardiola wasn't any good because he stunk it up for Bresia, not even knowing that he was a starter for a decade and an amazing player.

pavelnedved

official nedved copy
Jul 15, 2006
i would love to have the likes of touré, abidal, messi, eto'o, iniesta, deco, .... at juve

no to ronaldinho, zambrotta and thuram.

i only love juve, but in spain i prefer barcelona over real madrid any day ! the enemy of my enemy ...

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
A lot of it is probably because of m_elayyan, but even when he isn't stinking up the forum, people still seemingly have grudges against Barca players. For instance, just a few weeks ago people said Deco isn't that great of a player anymore and was always overrated, and for some reason people stated they'd never want Eto'o or Ronnie on this side. It's clearly bias and doesn't make any sense.

I can't stand Real Madrid but they're a better team right now.
I don't want Ronaldinho on this team though.

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
really ? how's that possible ? he would run cirkles around our defence even when he's drunk :melayyanandmessi:
So true, you can hate him but he has the potensial to alone raise the quality of any team.

The player in form is one of the best player who ever played this game.

But maby some here is ok with Brazzo and Nocerino in our midfield:crazy:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)