Marquez (14 Viewers)

Mar 30, 2006
You gotta be kidding me right? VdV was fundamental for Ajax the moment he appeared on the pitch at the age of 17. Drenthe wasn't able to outshine his teammates at a very poor Feyenoord. He had a good EC U-21 but that's about it for now.
I like his stamina and heart, but he is nowhere near a WC player like VdV, and I doubt he will ever reach that level.

I do hope he'll get to be a match winner for a top team one day, but I'm just not convinced yet.
you defn know more about dtuch players than I. I just like Drenthe's all out style and his young age.

:pint:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jim_Boi

Oct 7, 2007
It doesn't make sense to pull Puyol from centerback, the position he excels at, when a good back like Oleguer is available. It's like putting Chiellini out at left-back while we have Pasqual sitting on the bench and Stendardo - Legro as the centerbacks.

Zambrotta hasn't found his feet at Barca anyway.

Hopefully that saved Bozi a post.
Did you see the Barca-Seville match. Oleguer was getting owned by Diego Capel. Oleger isn't as reliable, to be fair Capel is on-form this season. During the Barca-Real Zaragoza game Puyol had some problems with some player while playing as a RB imagine what would have happened if Oleguer would have been playing. But since Barca has so many good CB: Milito, Marquez, Thuram (no longer a WC CB IMO) they can afford to play Puyol in that position.

OP
Maher

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #385
    Marquez is in great form this season , last season he was crap , but this season he played good as a defender or in midfield for barca so i dont think they will sell him.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
    It doesn't make sense to pull Puyol from centerback, the position he excels at, when a good back like Oleguer is available.
    Disagree on this one. Oleguer certainly isn't good enough for Barca. He's their weakest link. The guy is terrible. I am surprised you see him as a good back when he is worse than let's say, Molinaro. :p

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    And i cant believe some people here think Mellberg is better than Marquez, i'm not a Marquez fan at all, but he's light years ahead of Mellberg..theres no way you can compare the two.

Sep 28, 2002
    i dont think mellberg is better. but i dont see marquez as a first choice center back for any of top european teams. and i want juve to be one of those. so no thank you.

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    Bozi please have your facts right before you post. Do you know why Rijkaard is using Puyol as a RB? He has used Puyol as a temporary RB since Zambrotta's injury. Rijkaard has very limited option in the RB position (Zambrotta, Oleguer & Puyol) and with Zambrotta injured you would have to use the next best option which is Puyol.
    It doesn't make sense to pull Puyol from centerback, the position he excels at, when a good back like Oleguer is available. It's like putting Chiellini out at left-back while we have Pasqual sitting on the bench and Stendardo - Legro as the centerbacks.

Zambrotta hasn't found his feet at Barca anyway.

Hopefully that saved Bozi a post.
    :agree:
    Did you see the Barca-Seville match. Oleguer was getting owned by Diego Capel. Oleger isn't as reliable, to be fair Capel is on-form this season. During the Barca-Real Zaragoza game Puyol had some problems with some player while playing as a RB imagine what would have happened if Oleguer would have been playing. But since Barca has so many good CB: Milito, Marquez, Thuram (no longer a WC CB IMO) they can afford to play Puyol in that position.
    i just do nt see the sense in placing one of europes best CB(whether we like it or not) at RB to accomodate other players. it was not just recently either,puyol has regularly been shuttled out wide by Rijkaard. this,for me,is foolhardy and just about any fool in the world could see that he is barca's best CB by a mile

Apr 12, 2004
    i dont think mellberg is better. but i dont see marquez as a first choice center back for any of top european teams. and i want juve to be one of those. so no thank you.
    I agree to a point, but it's obvious Mellberg isn't better. But you have to ask yourself, "Is he better than what we have?" If the answer is no for both CB positions, then he can do nothing but make your team better.

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    ßöмßäяdîëя;1575698 said:
    I agree to a point, but it's obvious Mellberg isn't better. But you have to ask yourself, "Is he better than what we have?" If the answer is no for both CB positions, then he can do nothing but make your team better.
    burke- stop making sense, you are scaring the hell out of me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)