Marquez (6 Viewers)

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
if we learned anything from this season it is that we NEED COVER,andrade we cannot pin our hopes on until we know hoe his recovery has went. get 3 good CB and we are well covered, chiellini could play LB while all 3 are fit and cover at Cb when needed until he gets the experience he needs to kmove over to CB permanantly

Buy on AliExpress.com
Mar 30, 2006
if we learned anything from this season it is that we NEED COVER,andrade we cannot pin our hopes on until we know hoe his recovery has went. get 3 good CB and we are well covered, chiellini could play LB while all 3 are fit and cover at Cb when needed until he gets the experience he needs to kmove over to CB permanantly
it would be good to have Chiellini at LB some times.

i am not sure Marquez is the answer for us though cuz he has no serie A experience and is injury prone.

Leggro is reborn so maby

Chiellini--Leggro--Andrade--Zebina

could be our starting Defense. With Mellberg, De Ceglie, Grygera off the bench.

But if the club bus a CB i would think it would be Barzagli given our relations with Palermo and the fact he is Serie A proven.

Jim_Boi

Oct 7, 2007
What? :pumpkin:

Marquez is a better defender than everybody we have except for Chiellini. Please tell me how we couldn't use him..

I'm not a fan of Marquez because he's the captain of the Mexican NT, a team I despise, but I can't sit here and say he's not quality. I've probably seen him in action more than anybody here.
I have seen almost every Barcelona match this year (even tho I am not a fan)

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
it would be good to have Chiellini at LB some times.

i am not sure Marquez is the answer for us though cuz he has no serie A experience and is injury prone.

Leggro is reborn so maby

Chiellini--Leggro--Andrade--Zebina

could be our starting Defense. With Mellberg, De Ceglie, Grygera off the bench.

But if the club bus a CB i would think it would be Barzagli given our relations with Palermo and the fact he is Serie A proven.
legro has been reborn but lets be honest he is nowhere near CL class or evern tilte challenging serie a class, i would feel much better if we bring in 1-2 CB this summer

Mar 30, 2006
how much do u think Marquez would cost.

i would rather leave Chiellini as a CB and let Leggro, Andrade and Mellberg battle for a spot next to him and buy Vargas for our starting LB with De Ceglie as our back up. I think that would be cheaper and better in terms of attacking down the left.

But Marquez's experience would be vital if we got him.

Mar 30, 2006
legro has been reborn but lets be honest he is nowhere near CL class or evern tilte challenging serie a class, i would feel much better if we bring in 1-2 CB this summer
This is true.

Chiellini--Marquez--Andrade--Zebina

is a very strong defense.
and having Leggro and Mellberg on our bench would give us good cover.

Jim_Boi

Oct 7, 2007
Marquez...WhY?he aint that special.Next season Criscito-Mellberg-Legrottaglie-Andrade would be very nice.what do you say?
Why should we bring back Criscito next season? The best option for Juve is to loan him for one or two more season so that he can gain the experience he needs. If he ends up coming back next season, he will warm the bench all season long and only play a few games which isn' very good for a young promising player.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
:pint:

do u think he is going to leave barca?
i think it is a possibility. rijkaard ismplaying puyol at RB(fuckin idiot) when he is the best CB in the team,once a good manager comes in to replace hima fully expect him to restore puyol to CB, this would cause a problem for marquez as i expect him to drop out...cue a club willing to play him to come in and tempt him away

Jim_Boi

Oct 7, 2007
Marquez is very good, although kinda dirty at times.

but he is injured alot

plus Andrade will be back soon and Chiellini is now a starting CB.

I think we need to focus on getting a new LB.

Vargas would be smart. Drenthe would be a dream.
Drenthe as a left-back would be a big mistake. He performs better as a Left-midfielder.

Mar 30, 2006
Drenthe as a left-back would be a big mistake. He performs better as a Left-midfielder.
yeah i know i just like how sick he is at charging up and down the left flank. And given his offensive flair he would defn be better than Molinero.

I have not seen Molinero get an assist despite the countless times he attacks. Drenthe would be much more of a cutting edge. But yeah maby if we could get Drenthe and a CB it would be better so chiellini or De Ceglie can play LB.

I think Drenthe is better than VDV or at least he will be soon.

Jim_Boi

Oct 7, 2007
i think it is a possibility. rijkaard ismplaying puyol at RB(fuckin idiot) when he is the best CB in the team,once a good manager comes in to replace hima fully expect him to restore puyol to CB, this would cause a problem for marquez as i expect him to drop out...cue a club willing to play him to come in and tempt him away
Bozi please have your facts right before you post. Do you know why Rijkaard is using Puyol as a RB? He has used Puyol as a temporary RB since Zambrotta's injury. Rijkaard has very limited option in the RB position (Zambrotta, Oleguer & Puyol) and with Zambrotta injured you would have to use the next best option which is Puyol.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It doesn't make sense to pull Puyol from centerback, the position he excels at, when a good back like Oleguer is available. It's like putting Chiellini out at left-back while we have Pasqual sitting on the bench and Stendardo - Legro as the centerbacks.

Zambrotta hasn't found his feet at Barca anyway.

Hopefully that saved Bozi a post.

Franky4Fingers

Mr. I'm Always Right
May 24, 2007
yeah i know i just like how sick he is at charging up and down the left flank. And given his offensive flair he would defn be better than Molinero.

I have not seen Molinero get an assist despite the countless times he attacks. Drenthe would be much more of a cutting edge. But yeah maby if we could get Drenthe and a CB it would be better so chiellini or De Ceglie can play LB.

I think Drenthe is better than VDV or at least he will be soon.
You gotta be kidding me right? VdV was fundamental for Ajax the moment he appeared on the pitch at the age of 17. Drenthe wasn't able to outshine his teammates at a very poor Feyenoord. He had a good EC U-21 but that's about it for now.
I like his stamina and heart, but he is nowhere near a WC player like VdV, and I doubt he will ever reach that level.

I do hope he'll get to be a match winner for a top team one day, but I'm just not convinced yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)