Marquez (5 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Are you serious? Lol, Borgetti is not the best of that list. Guardado is the shit.
Everyone kisses Guardado's ass. I have a little more of my eye on Nery Castillo. Even if the guy busted his shoulder for his only real appearance on loan to Man City this year.

OK, so he can be a whiny bitch with an attitude problem. Mexico needs their own Cassano too...

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I don`t see a good reason why we shouldn`t sign Marquez.I rate him as ~good player and he`s surely better then everyone in our defence except Chiellini.
Next year we`ll also play in CL so we need much stronger team.We should sell Andrade and sign him.As for some better CB...Carvalho/Alex.If not then Zapata.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I think he has less brain-farts a la Zebina and is better in the air. I think physically they're about even, he's slightly stronger than Marquez but Marquez is slightly quicker.

tibike

Dec 11, 2007
I too think that Marquez >> Mellberg, that Marquez is a very very solid (maybe even WC) defender. But what I thinks is most important, is that Marquez would form a great pair with Chiellini, as they're totally different CBs (sort of like Scirea-Gentile and Ferrara-Montero were)

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Don't agree with many people here. I've seen Marquez countless times for Mexico and he never sets a foot wrong playing for them. He just needs a change of scenery from Barcelona and a new challenge, plus he suits the Serie A more than La Liga.

That's the thing though. For Mexico he plays great. For Barca it's comepletely different.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
That's the thing though. For Mexico he plays great. For Barca it's comepletely different.
That's completely untrue during Marquez's first two seasons at Barca. Once Rijkaard started playing Rafa in midfield regularly, that's when he started losing it. Doesn't mean he cannot regain his old form.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
And also:

Marquez >> Mellberg
:eyebrows: absolutely andy, while i do not think marquez is tremendous he is miles ahead of everybody at juve, though chiellini is a star. imagine how good he could be witha GOOD CB next to him

Mar 30, 2006
Marquez is very good, although kinda dirty at times.

but he is injured alot

plus Andrade will be back soon and Chiellini is now a starting CB.

I think we need to focus on getting a new LB.

Vargas would be smart. Drenthe would be a dream.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)