Marquez (4 Viewers)

Apr 5, 2007
mmmm well, i dont know if this is correct but Italian serie A has the fame of being a very tactic league, that means that most of their teams base their defensive play in the coach tactics rather than the qualities of the player (im not saying that all players there are shit) but well, as you can see canna didnt do well this season on la liga,actually he was a crap...

what i can say about Marquez is that he's a pretty versatile player, he can play as a central back, right back, and even defensive midfielder as he has an excellent sight in finding targets, he can make 40mts. good long passes with no problem, hes very decent in the air, and considering hes a defensive player hes fast and his shooting is pretty acceptable, you guys saw how he did in the 2005-2006 CL even against Milan (against an Italian club if you wanted to saw him playing against that style) and and last Mexico's coach liked that style based on attacking and defensive tactics... dont know if its exactly the same as in serie a though...

only problem i see about him is that hes kinda irresponsible, i mean, unnecessary red card on 2002, understandable handball against Portugal in 2006, (all this in the national team)his leadership doesnt represent that much at least seeing this, captains dont make those mistakes...

anyway i dont think hes overrated but yes, you cant trust very much on him, but if I'd have to choose between Marquez and heinze I'd say Marquez for sure, heinze is sloooooow... have seen how barzagli plays and i dont know how's Marquez contract with barza, but if you dont want Marquez at juve dont worry, as DD is no longer in the team (he was Marquez's coach when he worked at Monaco)

Buy on AliExpress.com
Apr 5, 2007
pineda??? u g2 b kidding me, you cant judge a player just cuz he scored a nice penalty, forget bout it, he's a decent one as a defensive midfielder, just decent and thats sometimes, without saying he usually loses his mind during important matches...

if u wanna promote a mexplayer that would be Guardado, (left back/left wing/defensive midfield) still i dont think its a good idea bringing players from southamerica directly to a top class team like Juve, seeing him playing in netherlands or france before signing would be very helpful...

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
May 27, 2007
The trouble with this time of the year is all the transfer rumours about who's coming to Juve, and thank God in many cases, they never happen! I'd like to see if some of our young players like Palladino, Marchisio, and Paro can cut it with the big boys in Serie A. It's all very well bringing in expensive "stranieri" so long as they are better than what we already have, and on the subject of what we already have, I hope Miccoli is brought back from Benfica, as he's the obvious long term replacement for Del Piero. If we presume Juve will be in the Champion's league, season 2008-2009, all the love we have for Alex won't make his legs play 2 games a week! Carlo D

juve_azul

Jun 6, 2005
I´m Mexican, and I can tell you that Marquez is overrated, he is way better than any of our current CB's but maybe we can do better in the market. As someone already said, Andrés Guardado is the future of Mexican soccer, in the National team he plays as a LM and he is really good and also very young. Teams such as Real Madrid, Deportivo, Sevilla and PSV, had already asked for him. His cost might be around 6 million euros, but he´s totally worth them. From the Mexican League, other players that would be worth watching are Aquivaldo Mosequera from Pachuca, he´s a rock-solid CB, really impressive. Also Memo Ochoa who´s a great goalkeeper and he´s 21.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I´m Mexican, and I can tell you that Marquez is overrated, he is way better than any of our current CB's but maybe we can do better in the market. As someone already said, Andrés Guardado is the future of Mexican soccer, in the National team he plays as a LM and he is really good and also very young. Teams such as Real Madrid, Deportivo, Sevilla and PSV, had already asked for him. His cost might be around 6 million euros, but he´s totally worth them. From the Mexican League, other players that would be worth watching are Aquivaldo Mosequera from Pachuca, he´s a rock-solid CB, really impressive. Also Memo Ochoa who´s a great goalkeeper and he´s 21.
They are all good in FM07 also :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
But even I admit that Marquez would be a good addition and I hate the guy.

PS - Odio La Azteca.

oriax

Mar 30, 2007
What about Carlos Vela ? He was signed by Arsenal but now is on loan to Salamanca. Is he good ?

juve_azul

Jun 6, 2005
What about Carlos Vela ? He was signed by Arsenal but now is on loan to Salamanca. Is he good ?
He MAY be really good, he and Giovani Dos Santos were Mexico´s best players during the U-17 tournament in Peru last year. In Salamanca he has scored like 10 goals more or less. It is said that teams like Levante are after him. So, he is far from being Juve material now, but may be in the near future.

Apr 5, 2007
he was scoring goals like a whore till he got injured then he scored only 3 goals (not sure) in the second half of the season, we gotta see if he does well now that he'll probably be playing on a first division team next campaign... but yes, the guy has skills... and there are some rumors that gio dos santos can leave barza if he doesnt play enough next season, thats kinda subjective though...

xuxa19

May 3, 2007
why.... Do u see each game of Barca when Marquez play like CB, they owend some f**king easy goals... even that Zambrota played much more in defence

Adzke

May 19, 2007
why.... Do u see each game of Barca when Marquez play like CB, they owend some f**king easy goals... even that Zambrota played much more in defence
Well, yoou can hardly blaim him for their lacky defence. Especially not when you consider their team mentality. IMO Marquez would be a scoop for Juventus.

juve_azul

Jun 6, 2005
mmmm, last season, when barca won the Champions Ligue and the Spanish Liga, Marquez was a starter 95% of the matches, he was superb then. Now, he has had a bad season but he is not awful, he's waaaaay better than any of our current CB's

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)