Marquez (1 Viewer)

Durden

May 11, 2006
Barzagli is shit. You can take your biased Italian ass to Palermo to watch his blunders and then come back here and dare to say he is a good defender. :faq1:

Dear MARK do you honestly think Barzagli is shit? I mean come on he played a good WC and seems to be the next in line after Canna, Nesta and Matrix. I think the problem with him is he needs a experienced defender next to him to lean on. And we really dont have that right now.. But I think he would grow next to a player like Canna.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Barzagli is shit. You can take your biased Italian ass to Palermo to watch his blunders and then come back here and dare to say he is a good defender. :faq1:

Dear MARK do you honestly think Barzagli is shit? I mean come on he played a good WC and seems to be the next in line after Canna, Nesta and Matrix. I think the problem with him is he needs a experienced defender next to him to lean on. And we really dont have that right now.. But I think he would grow next to a player like Canna.
u said it my friend, we need that leader in defense 1st...

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
He is nothing special. Overhyped to the sky high. A lot of Italian fans know that he is not that good. And what is this nonsense by judging players by 2 games on world cup? That´s ridicolous. Even I would play good if I had a player like Cannavaro next to me. And the last paragraph you said is the true,. He needs a leader next to him. Barzagli alone won´t solve our defensive problems.

Jul 2, 2006
Barzagli will be available for lower than 10 million,remember his comments about his transfer fee,palermo's president wanted 15 million euro for him,Barzagli said this is too much for him,now he is in shit form and we will buy him easily

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
I think the people on these forums are just depressed and don't know it. In our hayday we would never accept Marquez. I don't like the signing. I would rather over pay for Mexes, Chivu or Dainelli. It has come down to the Juventus front office signing the 5th player on their list now. This sucks.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
Barzagli will be available for lower than 10 million,remember his comments about his transfer fee,palermo's president wanted 15 million euro for him,Barzagli said this is too much for him,now he is in shit form and we will buy him easily
Barzagli is sweet. Lippi could have picked many other good Italian defenders over him, but he didn't. I guess people on here know more than Lippi though.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
I think the people on these forums are just depressed and don't know it. In our hayday we would never accept Marquez. I don't like the signing. I would rather over pay for Mexes, Chivu or Dainelli. It has come down to the Juventus front office signing the 5th player on their list now. This sucks.
I hate transfer speculation every summer we get associated with every tom,dick and harya nd we go mental discussing who would be good and it always descends into amdness,

i for one cant wit till teh dust settles and we have the players to make a major impact

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Barzagli the next Cannavaro? This thread is rivaling the new Ibrahimovic thread for most inane posts right now.
Hey, I didn't said that Barza is next Cannavaro my opinion is tottaly opposite of that. But you have member who think he is. :disagree:

ßömßäяdîëя™;1353858 said:
Just look at your username......

:cheesy:
Hahahhahahahahhhaha :rofl:

He barely played two games and wasn't that impressive, but he is not shit either. He is a little overrated just like Bonera and Ferrari was.

chadi

THE NEXT JUVE PRESIDENT
Apr 19, 2006
I just think that barzagli is one of the best yong italian defenders out there and could develop into a decent defender for juve plus lippi picked him for the WC (I mean look at bonera lippi the master didn't pick him for the world cup and he started in a lot of games for milan this season) It's allways good to have italian players in the team but it's not fondamental so I think we should go for the best players in the world (look at nedved and sivori they are juve legends and they're not even italian
so barzagli heinze milito mexes marques alex cris yes
chivu dainelli NO
I think we should concentrate for players from south america

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
I just think that barzagli is one of the best yong italian defenders out there and could develop into a decent defender for juve plus lippi picked him for the WC (I mean look at bonera lippi the master didn't pick him for the world cup and he started in a lot of games for milan this season) It's allways good to have italian players in the team but it's not fondamental so I think we should go for the best players in the world (look at nedved and sivori they are juve legends and they're not even italian
so barzagli heinze milito mexes marques alex cris yes
chivu dainelli NO
I think we should concentrate for players from south america
I habe nothin agains Barzagli or anyone but what irritates me when you say he is young, he's 26 for God sake and that is not young. Young person is somenoe who have 18-21 even till 23 but not someone who is 26. You also can say young for someone who had 40 yrs and died for, example he died young he had only fourty. Ok, I'm going a little off topic...

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Barzagli is not so young anymore. He is 26 years old ffs. It´s time for him to reach his peak soon. To be honest I would rather have a 33 year old Nesta or Cannavaro in the squad than 26 year old Barzagli.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
It's not like Lippi had a choice when he was picking the 4th defender. I doubt Lippi thought he'll need the 4th cd at all.

What choice did Lippi have ?

Juve had only Cannavaro, Inter had only Materazzi while Milan had Nesta - these 3 were the only 3 class central defenders.

The rest :
Maldini ( Milan)
Dainelli, Gamberini ( Fiorentina)
Stendardo, Siviglia (Lazio)
Ferrari ( Roma)
Sala, Falcone ( Sampdoria)
Terlizzi ( Palermo)
Bonera ( Parma)

Maldini was too old and he played his farewell match 4 years earlier while the others are average. It was between Bonera and Barzagli and Lippi has chosen the Palermo man.
Big deal.

If Marquez was Italian he would have been the 4th choice back in 2006 and he would have been the 4th choice now, with big chances to be starter after 2 years when Canna and Matrix will retire.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Barzagli is the future of Italian defending, man. He was a 4th choice for CB position on world cup!!!! :shocked2:

Lol, if he is the future then the future is not looking so bright.....

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Barzagli is not so young anymore. He is 26 years old ffs. It´s time for him to reach his peak soon. To be honest I would rather have a 33 year old Nesta or Cannavaro in the squad than 26 year old Barzagli.
i think barzagli just needs to work with quality around him, like he did at the wc, and he showed what he is capable of, palermo doesnt have that quality edge, especially in defence, however i think juve can offer that if they buy the right defenders, which im sure and hope they will. and certainly the guidance of players like buffon (who i pray will stay) will surely help him even more so

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Barzagli is sweet. Lippi could have picked many other good Italian defenders over him, but he didn't. I guess people on here know more than Lippi though.
:rofl: Oh is that right? Okay then, who else would have Lippi picked? Falcone? Maldini? Terlizzi? Dainelli? In all actuality, it really shows the weakness in talent of young defenders in Italy compared to a decade ago when the Azzurri was blessed with a glut of talent. But apparently you wouldn't know that.

Your posts regarding this subject are absolute jokes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)