Marquez (5 Viewers)

reggaeboy

É la erede al trono!!!
Sep 8, 2003
what the hell are u guys complaining about...Marquez is STILL one of the world's top drawer defenders (not to mention his abilities in the center of midfield). He had a great world Cup, had an injury and has failed to rediscover the form that made him widely regarded as one of the best all round defenders in the world two years ago...plus he is much faster and better at positioning than most of the guys we have been linked with...This would be a great signing if we can scoop him for under 12 mil Euros. I would be very surprised though if Barca releases him without a fight, because even though he has been used comparatively sparingly this season they know and are still confident in his abilities. He's a fighter...the true spirit of a Juventino

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
goal.com also said we signed iaquinta already. i havent seen that anywhere else so maybe this is fake 2. i hope we get barzagli and mexes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Personally, I hate Marquez but you have got to admit he's a great player. Rafa is a fantastic leader who used to be one of the best centerbacks in the world until Rijkaard started using him at defensive midfield. I really can't stand Mexican players and he can be a bit dirty at times, but honestly, to compare him with Legrottaglie or Boumsong is just nonsensical... the guy blows anybody we have at the back out of the water. Moreover, he would really improve our distribution out of the back as well.

I say lets get him as whoever wrote that Goal.com article is right... we have to be realistic here and look for good deals. And besides that, Marquez is better than Barzagli.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)