Marquez (1 Viewer)

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Juventus are eyeing Rafael Marquez of Barcelona as they look to strengthen their squad for next season's Serie A campaign.

The Bianconeri sealed their return to the top flight with three games to spare and are now planning their next moves on the transfer market in the hope of building a competitive side.

Marquez has been included on Didier Deschamps’ wish list for the summer transfer campaign and the Blaugrana defender has stated that he would favour a move to the peninsula.

“After experiences in France and Spain, a new adventure in Serie A would be stimulating,” said the 28-year-old.

The Mexico captain, who would arrive with the added bonus of an EU passport, has not impressed this season and Barcelona are allegedly ready to let him leave for £7m.

Juve have also been paired with Lyon star Florent Malouda, although sporting director Alessio Secco denied that the French international is on his shopping list.

“Malouda is an excellent player and one of the best in his role, but he is not our priority,” said the Juventino.

“Our main target for that department is a central midfielder, not a winger like

Football Italia

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
i'd take the risk of playing Boumsong or Legro in Serie A rather than Marquez. Can't stand him and he is a dirty player

OP
Maher

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #28
    so from 3 sources till now (channel4.com,goal.com and tribalfootball.com) juve want him.
    it will be interesting to see both him and guily if he comes fit in juve.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Marquez is a good player. Better than Heinze and Barzagli, not to mention our current centre backs.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    Marquez is alright. Better than wht we have but not even close to being world class. I wouldn't object to us signing him, as long as it is a decent price ie less than 12m euros.

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    still think we might pinch mexes from roma but i find it hard to believe they will let both him and chivu go this summer. imo it will be one or the other

chadi

THE NEXT JUVE PRESIDENT
    Apr 19, 2006
    I think we can bring better defenders than marques ,,,maybe alex from PSV and what about luizao and pepe or else barzagli or the king ayala??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)