Marotta cleared to join Juve (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Italian coaches and defenders are not as good as they used to be, if we keep that mentality, we will be keep failing indefinitly...
Agree on Italian defenders but disagree on Italian coaches. Italian coaches are still on top of Europe IMO even today. Who just won the premier league ? The so called best league in the world in he's first ever season there !!

England manager is Italian, mancini just took man city to to the highest position ever for that club. Even Spalletti's team is on top of the Russian league.

I think people in here are frustrated because of our season this year so they just hate everything that is Italian (players, stadium, fans, coaches everything) and i could agree on most of these things except Italian managers (they've always been at the very top and still are IMO).

That doesn't mean we shouldn't hire a foreign coach. The bottom line is, if the coach is good enough then it doesn't matter where he comes from or what is he's nationality.

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
Agree on Italian defenders but disagree on Italian coaches. Italian coaches are still on top of Europe IMO even today. Who just won the premier league ? The so called best league in the world in he's first ever season there !!

England manager is Italian, mancini just took man city to to the highest position ever for that club. Even Spalletti's team is on top of the Russian league.

I think people in here are frustrated because of our season this year so they just hate everything that is Italian (players, stadium, fans, coaches everything) and i could agree on most of these things except Italian managers (they've always been at the very top and still are IMO).

That doesn't mean we shouldn't hire a foreign coach. The bottom line is, if the coach is good enough then it doesn't matter where he comes from or what is he's nationality.
:agree:

Max

Jul 15, 2003
Capello is playing progressive football? :snoop:

And what the hell is "progressive football"? Barca plays one type of football, MU another one, Mourinho's Inter is different as well. Juve has to play good quality football (attacking, defensive, "progressive", not so important) and win matches most importantly. We need tactician? Sure, and that answers why I want the Italian one - I consider Italian coaches the best tacticians over there.
Progressive is (in my books) not being one-dimensional (ie. not defending a lead by throwing on 3 more defensive players). Winning matches is important, yes, but you have to take risks to do so. Pulling Diego out of a 1-0 match in the 60th minute for someone like Poulsen doesn't work anymore; you can't just simply defend. The opposition can break down a ten-man wall very easily, tie the game, and then you're left without your best attacking player scrambling for a draw.

If this is the archaic form of football that you desire, so be it. Next year we'll be saying the same thing: "What if we didn't let the lead slip to Brescia in January?"

tibike

Dec 11, 2007
Well, then you'd be flat out wrong, considering Jose Mourinho and Alex Ferguson are not Italian.
Andy, you know that argument doesn't hold, as Trap, Cap, Lippi and Ancelotti are still coaching. I don't think there is any other nation in the world ATM, that has four coaches of that quality

However, apart from Ancelotti, who is 50, there is no young Italian coach who can be compared not with Mourinho and Pep, but they can't even compare with the likes of DD and Blanc. And THAT is the problem, that when the three veterans retire, Italians don't seem to have anyone to follow in their footsteps.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Prandelli, Gasperini and Allegri would measure up over a period of time. They just need fuller challenges to come their way. And with the absences of Lippi, Capello and Ancellotti from the Serie A, you can expect them to have their shot in the next few seasons.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Andy, you know that argument doesn't hold, as Trap, Cap, Lippi and Ancelotti are still coaching. I don't think there is any other nation in the world ATM, that has four coaches of that quality

However, apart from Ancelotti, who is 50, there is no young Italian coach who can be compared not with Mourinho and Pep, but they can't even compare with the likes of DD and Blanc. And THAT is the problem, that when the three veterans retire, Italians don't seem to have anyone to follow in their footsteps.
Why do you mention Pep. Barca has their style which has nothing to do with Pep. He just has better players than Rijkaard. I do not say he is a bad manager, but we can not analyze his time at Barca yet. They just have the best team. But he is good with the youth. I'll give him that.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009

Apart from including Guardiola, who has by far the most talented squad in the world at his disposal...Well Put.

Prandelli needs to do much more to even begin to prove himself as a high quality tactician...Allegri is a baby, but has some fire in his belly. Gasperini is capable, as is Del Neri, but they both seem to shine more when their players hit peaks, rather than them producing a team which produces peaks (of form)...so the future looks rather bleak. Still..Ancelotti isnt that old eh!...and I cannot see how the job he has done with chelsea is anything other than very equal, or better than, what Mourinho did at chelsea. The inter milan team is far and beyond ANY other team in italy, so they should be first, really...on paper. Quite easily. I would not put mourinhio in the same class, yet, as Cappello and Ferguson.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
"...
The Juventus CdA also approved the new entries in the board team. Beppe Marotta joins the club from Sampdoria, becoming the new Bianconeri general director, while Fabio Paratici will be the new boss of the Juventus scouts."

channel4.com

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
According to FI, The Juventus Board confirmed Beppe Marotta as a general director and Fabio Paratici as Scouts Chief in their meeting today.

Any details? Where's Mark?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)