Marko Pjaca (152 Viewers)

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
We gambled on him. We believed on him. And at the end before his injury he started slowly forcing himself into the team (had start a derby with Milan instead of Mandzukic if I remember well).

I think we believe in him and we'll give him at least another season. Even if he fails, we can get back a big chunk of what we spent, he's quite young..

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Did nothing here, than tore his ACL. It'll be a great deal if we can get our money back.
:baus: He was out for a substantial period of time because of his injury; good job defeating your own argument. How can he do something if he wasn't able to fucking play? Give him a full season, and then we can judge him. At least the kid has talent. I'd much rather keep him and give him a chance. We should be getting rid of useless limited hacks like Sturaro and Rincon.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
:baus: He was out for a substantial period of time because of his injury; good job defeating your own argument. How can he do something if he wasn't able to fucking play? Give him a full season, and then we can judge him. At least the kid has talent. I'd much rather keep him and give him a chance. We should be getting rid of useless limited hacks like Sturaro and Rincon.
Let me try to explain so that even you might understand.

1. He was worth 23m because of some uncertain potential
2. We spend 23m to buy him
3. He plays little in his first 6 months and whenever he plays he shows absolutely nothing to justify a price tag of 23m. Therefore, his price should go down at least a little after people revise the estimates of his potential
4. He tears his ACL, which means he might never recover completely and reach his potential, if he had any to begin with
5. "It'll be a great deal if we can get our money back." is what I said.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Let me try to explain so that even you might understand.

1. He was worth 23m because of some uncertain potential
2. We spend 23m to buy him
3. He plays little in his first 6 months and whenever he plays he shows absolutely nothing to justify a price tag of 23m. Therefore, his price should go down at least a little after people revise the estimates of his potential
4. He tears his ACL, which means he might never recover completely and reach his potential, if he had any to begin with
5. "It'll be a great deal if we can get our money back." is what I said.
No, it won't. He needs to be given more time to prove himself. People are excited by Costa for 40+ million, and the same applies to Berna, but want to get rid of this guy, who was brought in for half the price, at the slightest sign of trouble. Give him a full season and allow him to integrate into the team. If by the end of the 2017-2018 season you're not impressed, then we should sell him.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
No, it won't. He needs to be given more time to prove himself. People are excited by Costa for 40+ million, and the same applies to Berna, but want to get rid of this guy, who was brought in for half the price, at the slightest sign of trouble. Give him a full season and allow him to integrate into the team. If by the end of the 2017-2018 season you're not impressed, then we should sell him.
this.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
We gambled on him. We believed on him. And at the end before his injury he started slowly forcing himself into the team (had start a derby with Milan instead of Mandzukic if I remember well).

I think we believe in him and we'll give him at least another season. Even if he fails, we can get back a big chunk of what we spent, he's quite young..
I dont think we gambled on him. In the media he was even concidered the Croatian CRonaldo. Seems to me like opportunity to sign someone with loads of potential and long term opportunity.

When you look at the big picture, since Morata, we have wanted to have a young attacking option in the team, be it Morata, Coman, Pjaca or Shick. Dybala as well but he was clear Tevez replacement. While those above mentioned are still work in progress types.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Torn acl is not the slightest sign of trouble. It's neck deep in shit trouble. And what do you think happens to his price if we give him a full season and he fails? Take a guess.

And for the record, I'm not excited for Bernardeschi, especially at that price. Costa is a proven player, totally different story.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Torn acl is not the slightest sign of trouble. It's neck deep in shit trouble. And what do you think happens to his price if we give him a full season and he fails? Take a guess.

And for the record, I'm not excited for Bernardeschi, especially at that price. Costa is a proven player, totally different story.
It's 2017, not 1997 Bro. :D I understand torn acls are a big deal, but technology and medicine have advanced a lot since the days of torn acls being a career threatening injury. He's still young, and we shouldn't just discard him. He's not going to fail :tup: :baus:

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Pjaca will have a mountain to climb for playing time if we don't sell Cuadrado on top of the new signings. If no one gets long term injuries by January we might have to loan him once he recovers.

Aug 2, 2005
Pjaca will have a mountain to climb for playing time if we don't sell Cuadrado on top of the new signings. If no one gets long term injuries by January we might have to loan him once he recovers.
yup.. it will be difficult for him.. he needs to show something to level up in the picking order.
if he is not injured though, competition for picking order will be very healthy esp. that we do not have primadonnas

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
He will play all coppa games and some Serie A later in the season so he should get 1000+ mins. With these signings Mandzu will probably play CF too so Pjaca will rotate with Costa.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 152)