Mario Mandžukić (164 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Why are you lumping me with those guys? Not cool man. I'm not a troll or an extremist :sigh:

The contract is only until 2021, by which time he'll be 34 going on 35. That's fine by me, as long as he's used in rotation.

I just want to see more of Kean and Dybala closer to goal.
I agree he is getting old but he has earned it more than anyone

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I agree he is getting old but he has earned it more than anyone
It has little to do with earning it. Our club doesn't operate that way. If it did, Marchisio would have been here and Del Piero would have retired with us in 2014 or something.
If we sell Mandzukic, we will need a new striker. No club in the world will start a season with a 19 year old striker, even if the next closest thing to a striker is Cristiano Ronaldo. The market probably doesn't offer a free agent like Llorente to sub Mandzukic, and even if it did, why should we replace Mandzukic with an inferior player? It's more probable that if we decide to sell Mandzukic this summer, we will have to spend a lot on a new striker, which will surely stop us from investing big in other positions.
Anyway, what we're offering is 1 additional year to his contract, just to make Mandzukic feel secure and motivated in 2019/20. If next year we decide it's time to invest in a top striker, then Mandzukic will probably leave one year before his contract expires.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
It has little to do with earning it. Our club doesn't operate that way. If it did, Marchisio would have been here and Del Piero would have retired with us in 2014 or something.
If we sell Mandzukic, we will need a new striker. No club in the world will start a season with a 19 year old striker, even if the next closest thing to a striker is Cristiano Ronaldo. The market probably doesn't offer a free agent like Llorente to sub Mandzukic, and even if it did, why should we replace Mandzukic with an inferior player? It's more probable that if we decide to sell Mandzukic this summer, we will have to spend a lot on a new striker, which will surely stop us from investing big in other positions.
Anyway, what we're offering is 1 additional year to his contract, just to make Mandzukic feel secure and motivated in 2019/20. If next year we decide it's time to invest in a top striker, then Mandzukic will probably leave one year before his contract expires.
Exactly.

Common sense one would think.

- - - Updated - - -

it wouldn't be a surprise if ronaldo requests a transfer upon learning that he will have to work with a huge traffic cone for another year.
No worries, he'll be able to maneuver around it no problem. Like tuz maneuvers around it's very own traffic cones like you.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Alex? Marchisio?
Dont go there please

- - - Updated - - -

Yeh most likely this. We are on a crossroad now.

My only question left is if for real juventus is serious about icardi? Because as i see this mario renewal, is maybe because of the reasons u posted and we will wait one more year to sell him, but if icardi is on the market and is available... then what?

Im not saying we must sign him, im just pointing that the board and wanda both admitted interest in a deal...and if he is available.... (Which looks like he will be), what the board must do?

We must reinforce other areas first

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Agreement reached between Juventus and Mario Mandzukic for a 1 year contract extension, taking him to 2021 with the Bianconeri. He'll earn €5.5m plus bonuses. [Di Marzio]

We are going a bit berserk with these rather lucrative contract extensions towards older players...

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Agreement reached between Juventus and Mario Mandzukic for a 1 year contract extension, taking him to 2021 with the Bianconeri. He'll earn €5.5m plus bonuses. [Di Marzio]

We are going a bit berserk with these rather lucrative contract extensions towards older players...
Yeh i dont understand.

Ok they want to renew, fine... but lower that thing

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Aim for his head in build-up. It's not hard but we do it so infrequently. It's his biggest strength and not used nearly enough.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Looks like he’s laying off the Slivovitz now.

Played much better than he’s done recently. Just needs that stroke of luck to find a goal and get some confidence back, which is hopefully just around the corner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 23, 2011
Much better performance than previous weeks/months, but still sits too much on the wing. Also, should be much more present in the box, especially if he is our only striker, which he was the majority of the game. He will never be a mobile striker but I expect him to be in the areas a striker is supposed to be when it matters.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
yes. because he is a 33 year old and cant have a great game always. and he's past days of endless running to establish dominance

when you watch juve games, do you have your hand on your hips and a frown on your face

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 160)